Music Discussion Thread

Man, these guys always take me back. Bought that CD in 2004. Thought they were the best thing ever...course then I discovered Queen. Still, thought they were gonna be the biggest thing ever. Good times.

Man, these guys always take me back. Bought that CD in 2004. Thought they were the best thing ever...course then I discovered Queen. Still, thought they were gonna be the biggest thing ever. Good times.
Weren't they in the soundtrack for SSX3? Because that game had a seriously kickass soundtrack.

That's not really an easy question to answer since metal has spawned so many subgenres over the decades and the last time I really paid attention to modern metal in the mainstream was when bands like Lamb of God had their heyday.

I'd say Mastodon, Baroness and Meshuggah are pretty good and well-known examples here even though I wouldn't call them straightforward (that would apply to bands like Avenged Sevenfold and Slipknot, bands I don't really like). Other than that you have so many bands that keep said subgenres alive and well to this day, be it as a copy of the older bands or with a more modern approach and encompassing more styles.

Many people would also name Opeth as a modern example but I don't listen to them and therefore can't comment on that.
Thank you for your honesty. I'll dive in and hope for the best.

New Wolfheart sounds epic. Love the black metal vibe that they put in this song so much. Definitely one of the more interesting melodic death metal projects atm. Going to pre-ordering this album like all their previous ones.

Last edited:
MYSTXRIVL is killing it for me. im deep into that aesthetic witchhouse'ey emo gothish techno music right now. SYNTVX TXRROR EP

the falling song is like sweet big butter on pancakes for my ears.

i think this one is sampled from some stupid rap song. they kill'd it. this version is infinity x better

Picked up my pre-ordered Anaal Nathrakh CD + T-Shirt combo before coming home today. I tried so hard not to listen to it before I get it in my hands in physical form and somehow made it. The record is your typical AN. There were some more experimental tracks like "Forward!", but if you know their typical sound and have heard at least three songs from them you pretty much know the formula. I've always loved their "controlled chaos" type of music and this record didn't disappoint me. Loved it from start to end (you can take this with a grain of salt tho. My objectiveness flies out of the window when were talking about my favorite bands)

Bohemian Rhapsody is just not the same without the vinyl crackling sounds:
image0.jpg

I saw a thread on here about Music From Your Country and I had to think through what American music is.
Rock? Country? Electronic? Folk?
I'm lumping many genres together, because I wanted to make this as simple as possible.
Anyone want to add to the American Music bucket?

Back