Kurozuka

DemonRoach

Banned
Kurozuka

Synopsis, screenshots, recommendations ~ Add Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here; reviews and final impressions should be posted in the Anime Reviews Forum. Post format and full rules can be found here.

I watched this first episode,....and after reading the following description from the manga,...I can't wait for the rest!

The main thrust of the story goes like this: Kurou meets a beautiful woman by the name of Kuromitsu, and begins a relationship which transcends life and memory. Kurozuka tells the tale of a journey undertaken by immortals, and those who chase after immortality.

The majority of this story takes place many centuries in the future, after Kurou has been separated from Kuromitsu. Having lost almost all of his memories, Kurou seeks to understand why he cannot die, to rediscover his identity, and to find the woman that haunts his dreams.

Last edited by a moderator:
The premise is awesome and it's executed well so far. I'm looking forward to seeing the development. When he awoke in all that rubble I was under the impression that he had been asleep or some such all that time, but I guess not.

Yeah same here ingrey, I thought he has just slept for centuries but that wouldn't explain his clothes lol.

I thought the same thing. I'm loving the action so far along with the storyline. It's very interesting.

Yeah, I'm really enjoying this one so far. I was kinda wondering if that's how long it took his body to regrow his head or what, lol.

one of the most powerful and provoking of the season for me, was quite obvious that it was a madhouse anime though, found that amusing. (my friends and I joke that it's a death note remake). Definitely watching this one through.

Interesting series.
Reminds me a lot of Ninja scroll and other older samurai series.
I'm quite looking forward what following episodes bring us.

I smell something epic, at least by the summary.

Kurozuka

Synopsis, screenshots, recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here; reviews and final impressions should be posted in the Anime Reviews Forum. Post format and full rules can be found here.

I watched this first episode,....and after reading the following description from the manga,...I can't wait for the rest!

The main thrust of the story goes like this: Kurou meets a beautiful woman by the name of Kuromitsu, and begins a relationship which transcends life and memory. Kurozuka tells the tale of a journey undertaken by immortals, and those who chase after immortality.

The majority of this story takes place many centuries in the future, after Kurou has been separated from Kuromitsu. Having lost almost all of his memories, Kurou seeks to understand why he cannot die, to rediscover his identity, and to find the woman that haunts his dreams.

sounds exactly like lost odyssey - is it an anime version?

I think it has some similarities to lost odyssey, but they're not related or really that similar overall.

Show is based on manga that were based on a novel/light novel I think. I've taken a look at the 1st 40 pages of the mangas and for the part they cover it seems really similar to the anime. Have read some speculation that the anime will end up having less sex/romance/nudity and just keep the violence as compared to the manga, which sounds kinda too bad as I had the impression that the romance aspect was going to be really important.

I wasn't expecting the distorted sci-fi aspect that seems to have shown up in the 3rd episode to be portrayed quite the way it is. While the idea of a vampire in a dystopia somewhat similar the Dark Angel universe's dystopia is interesting, the style of the faceless hordes and giant freak opponents didn't seem as classy as the first 2 episodes and I'm guessing I'll have to lower my expectations. Really the villain art style clashes, too. It's like dropping darkwing duck cartoon villains into batman begins.
I think the element of distorted and incomplete recall is good, but isn't always executed with harmony.
So overall after a great first 2 episodes, the 3rd is starting to be a bit of a letdown.

Loving it so far!
Madhouse friggin rules, and in my opinion 3 of 4 of the best animes of the year came out of this guys, "Chaos;Head", "Casshern Sins" and this "Kurozuka".
I would only expect to be good, the creator of this is the same who made "Death Note", but i didn´t expected it to be this great!
Great storyline with the usual "mindfuck" touch à la Madhouse, awesome animations, brutal fights and a love story remeniscent of Dracula make this a particularly awesome anime!

I still think if the futuristic evil dudes looked less like rubbery-horror-themed action figures and mutant freaks I'd enjoy it a lot more. It seems to have a bit of a Gungrave syndrome stylistically IMO.

Unfortunately it does to me too. I'm liking the storyline, but I'm not liking the "monsters" in it. Was expecting a more "human" based story.

Wow, I just now got to Episode 4 and it's getting ridiculously good. I want like an episode a day now just to satisfy my hunger for it. It really truly is an amazing fall series.

The plot is getting better and deeper with every episode compared to most of the new series this season.

Watched first 7 episodes now, and I'm very impressed. Animation is high quality and storyline is extremely interesting. Although I don't particulary like anime placing in the future, this one is very impressive. Eagerly waiting for next episode...

Back