How often do you shop online?

Hio

Do you ever shop online? Is it a more convenient way that shopping in stores?

I started doing some online shopping since I moved to the States, because in my country, it’s still not very popular and people would rather go to the shops to buy goods. But here, you can find almost anything you want on the internet without having to leave your house.

What websites do you use to shop online? Have you ever had any negative experience while buying goods over the internet?

Time to put my BBA (Bachelor's in Business Admin) to work. The world is moving more and more towards using technology to increase efficiency and every day tasks. Shopping online is incredibly convenient as time is the most valuable resource in this day and age, so shopping online, ordering something you need, and having it arrive at your door without leaving your house is huge for most people. Things like hotels and plane tickets are being booked through online, rather than in person at a very fast rate. This is because it is far quicker to find what you want, rather than drive all the way down to the location, have an agent try to sell you stuff you don't really want. That applies to quite a few situations.

It's all happening quite rapidly thanks to the internet. It is going to be a slow process for the less wealthy countries where internet isn't accessible at basically every step (thanks to wi-fi). Some of the technical innovations out there to aid with this are quite fascinating. It is still a WIP, but Amazon really wants to push for using drones to deliver customer packages within 30 minutes from the moment of purchase (in larger cities). They are trying to find a way to make it comply with air space laws. Also, in some areas it is crowded on the streets, or people live far from something. In many places, you have to account for at least 20 minutes of driving one way just for something, traffic pending.

I would guess the country you come from one or more of the following is true:
-Internet isn't widely used
-Most items are on the cheaper side (see Low Price Items below)
-Logistics management (see below) isn't in place, so shipping would cost a fortune
-Areas are tightly packed, so you have tons of varying stores all in close proximity

In some countries, it has gone as far as ordering your groceries online and having them delivered. Less time away from home, means more time to relax for customers, time saved, and operations for an online only store are very cheap compared to owning a physical store somewhere within the city. It's an all around win-win for the most part.

A few flaws with selling through online is:
-Logistics management: Shipping can cost the buyer a fortune, so in some cases, shipping is just way too expensive, even if it is convenient.
-Reduced suggestive sales tactics: In stores, stuff is set-up in a certain way into enticing you to buy things. Online, you can sort of sell things through suggestions, but people tend to go directly for what they want, and aren't exposed to walking by something
-Security: It is a lot easier to have your info hacked, or be unsure of how trustworthy the store online really is. In a physical store, it is pretty safe (ALTHOUGH, I swiped my debit card once at a shop, the next day, my account was hacked from someone in the Carribean and they took out $1,000. My bank noticed, froze the account, and yes I got it back since they thankfully have such a feature, some banks don't. Don't ever let a place swipe your card!)
-
High Price Items: Lamborghini's, or any expensive item like Jewelary, just to name a few. The clients for high price items typically like to physically inspect the goods, due to the amount of money they are about to sink on it.
-Low price items: The opposite of the above, items that are worth so little that cost more to ship than their value is. These are typically inexpensive, but heavy items. When an item costs more to ship than the product itself costs, it is no good, unless combined into a larger order sometimes.

The only things I buy in store these days is groceries, or call for take-out. Games are either digitally online to save on tax, or Best Buy because of free shipping. I am too cheap to pay $2,25 for a bus when I can save that, go online, and have it arrive free in 2 days.

This may or may not be a small piece of a report or two I had to write throughout my studies.

*Checks when the last time I used Amazon was*
*6 Hours ago*
*Checks the time before*
*yesterday*
*And the next*
*Nothing for a couple of days*
*But wait, I bought some other stuff online during those days*

Urrr yea, I basically do almost all my shopping online lol. Being a Prime member on Amazon means I can get stuff next day or in an emergency within 2 hours if Prime now stocks it. I usually make sure to subscribe to next day delivery subs on websites I use often if given the choice.
ASOS for example, they have premier service, so I can get clothes on next day too. And returns are so convenient with most online services I use too... So I never really have any issues :)

Here's what I use mainly:
Amazon UK - General crap and almost anything, If I need something, Amazon is the first place I'll check
ASOS - My goto shop to get clothes and shoes, and they delivery literally anywhere... even Antarctica!! (I have a discount code I use with them too, so it's more convenient)
eBay - If I can't find what I'm looking for on Amazon, or don't mind buying something second hand, I shop here
Steam - Video games and such :) With work and stuff I no longer play console games, so I only PC Game when I have the free time to do so, Steam has been great!
Just-Eat - Take-aways! Yup... I even get my food online if I'm too lazy to cook myself.

The only thing I don't shop online is groceries. I prefer going to the shops myself and picking out what I want. I can't be a total recluse.

I dont interested with shopping no in the internet or no in the real life
but iam shopping from eid to eid and from party of married to married
but i learend something from this thread design thank you bay bay

I buy stuff online all the time. I'll be doing most of my Christmas shopping on Black Friday now that online stores around the world have adopted it.

I mostly buy on internet stuff I either can't get here or is way too expensive (mostly PC parts), that and Steam games (though I'm starting to buy less and less bundles)

Pretty much never. I got two PC games on eBay yeaaars ago and maybe a band shirt or two on Amazon. The rest I go out and buy in the local stores.

I shop online at least once or twice a month. I usually buy anime stuff online or imported games. There are very few anime stores where I live and I'm into Retro Gaming anyways I think that's what it's called Old video games basically. I usually use Amazon or Right Stuf Anime.

I also like to buy stuff online! but sometimes you can not predict the size cart if you know what I mean. the same stuff I do for college, by the way, because sometimes I think it's stupid to spent time on, so I use academic assignment expert for aussie for example. I like that we live in the era, when you can buy literally everything everywhere any time!

I almost exclusively buy online. I don't want to deal with the hassle of going down the shops if I can avoid it, and I can avoid it for almost everything. I'll often finds things cheaper online anyways (except for the damn Switch, same price everywhere).

every chance i get i buy things online if i want to save money and time. besides all the coolest stuff you wont find in stores.

Almost all the time - cuts down on the frequency of having to talk to other human beings.

Yes, I always prefer to do online shopping as it is the easiest way to buy necessary products with best brands and with all guarantee.You can also get various interesting discounts and offers on all the branded products available here. If you also want to do online shopping here, you can easily do so on

I do sometimes (1-5 times a month), usually only for suff I can't buy locally.

The fact that my real-life job is harmed by people buying online and not local helps me try to avoid online if its possible.

I shop online very often. The main reason is because of the diversity and the variety of option you have in comparison to the stuff at the mall. Yes, the wait time can be a bit of a pain sometimes, but I mean, it's super convenient that you don't have to drive out and what not so. So yeah, I shop online for almost everything I want to buy now (other than the basic human necessities of course).

At this point, except for groceries (and even then, it depends on what it is) I do all my shopping online. The only other times I'll actually go to the store is if I need something that very second or if it's something specific and I know where to get it. Shopping around, waiting in lines...it's all just such a pain.

I miss the days of socialization and I fear it's only going to get worse. if I can't find it in the stores then I don't buy it. it's a shame I miss out on things, but that's how it goes. in the past, but that doesn't mean I won't do it again, I have used Amazon to buy the truly hard to find things such as a replacement for a stolen Pokemon card, Megadeth CD, a book... otherwise if I get too much more stuff in my house I fear where am I going to park it all. I suppose I would use them again for stolen replacements (if possible) or small items, but the large items not interested and I typically do grocery shopping in a store, I like to touch things too much (to confirm they are real) and make certain the item hasn't been tampered with, opened, that sort of thing to shop online.

Back