Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash

EP 7

This was a good episode. Finally, we have progress on many levels.

They are all working together, he's noticing things that he didn't before, they have learned new skills and bought new gear, Mary is opening up to them, and they are finally gong to hit the den of the goblins.

That new skill he may awaken to is kinda cool. Can't wait to see what it is. Bet you it's something new that even his instructor doesn't know about.

Also, what was up with that preview? Mary's clothes were on the bed, folded up. Are we to assume she may freak out and not stay in the part cause she gets too close and fears it will happen all over again?

I agree with Teo, this felt like a step in the right direction. But, this series really loves them musical montages don't they? I wish they would let go of that. But, it was nice to see the skills and some competent team work. I'm guessing next week is the assault on the Goblin HQ.

I mean....COME ON!!!! THey are starting to get a little bad ass.

gOwqzQh.png

Chillax? Do you have any idea how long it took me to stitch that together using GIMP?.......well, doesn't really matter cause no one asked me to do it so. :troll:

Ep 8

I thought this was a great episode, even if this arc dragged on a bit too long.

Haruhiro should stop barking up the wrong tree and recognize Yume is the best girl. That accent is just too adorable. :)

EP 8

She finally smiled.

That was one bad ass episode. However, I screamed NOT AGAIN the second she took an arrow to the kne....back. I could have sworn they were about to be called the priest killer group. LOL

Also, Mary better back the fuck off. Haruhiro is claimed.:flip: I swear they better not hook up. Yume is the only girl for him. LOL

Also, no fan service shots?:troll:

yall on ep 8, when I just watched ep 6

Another amazing episode, I just love shows like this, Charachter, Charachter Charachter. More shows should focus on the people.

Though that red head little shit is obnoxious. Everyone else is trying, everyone else is changing, he just... Is one dense motherfucker.

You know what? I have 2 episodes of this to catch up on, and the show continues to disappoint me so I think I'll be leaving it here.

A two song episode.
The beginning was pretty good, but the ending was a pretty big stretch. And, it looks like not much is going to happen next episode.

I'm with Teo, I thought for a second that they were going to kill the Priest character again. I was like, "God dammit show. >_>"

Episode 9:
Slow episode.

That training scene was so bad. Underboobs and awful music. Though I sure want a nice-looking onee-san to sit on me.

But there was a lot of Mary this episode so it's all good.

Ah. Even if you're not glaring anymore your smile is fine too.

WjIurvg.jpg

Sg48SMY.jpg

Z4Q9MgB.jpg

Mary is love. Mary is life.

Episode 9

Honestly this episode was determinal to mary but at the same time it felt rather padded out especially the two music segments contributed to this feeling. As amusing it is to hear english in this anime and the first music at least somewhat fitting the scene it just felt like it were there to distract us from how needlessly long the section of slowly panning images and running scenes were.

But I digress, while this episode was by no measure great or even subtle in relaying emotions and struggle it at least wasn't so padded out that it became too obnoxious to bare.

I think padding is understating it.

Unless they plan on having this be a 4 cour series, the pace is just ridiculous here. I don't think it's popular enough to warrant more than 1.

EP 9

No, no .no!!!! The ships are all wrong. If what I see is correct, then someone call the Navy and blow those ships out of the water.

Also, I wouldn't mind going through that training. Granted if the boss lady ever reads this then I'm I'll be in more pain than what he went through....lol

then someone call the Navy and blow those ships out of the water.

Wouldn't you be the one with those connections? Mr. Navy Retiree?

I mostly echo the sentiments in the forum. If this series doesn't get a Season 2, then all this build up is a huge waste of time.

It's likely that the first cour will end after "overcoming" the mines. If we don't get anything beyond that, then this might as well be "Is It Wrong To Pick Up Girls In A Dungeon?"

At least there was some fan service during the Thief training.

Wouldn't you be the one with those connections? Mr. Navy Retiree?

I mostly echo the sentiments in the forum. If this series doesn't get a Season 2, then all this build up is a huge waste of time.

It's likely that the first cour will end after "overcoming" the mines. If we don't get anything beyond that, then this might as well be "Is It Wrong To Pick Up Girls In A Dungeon?"

At least there was some fan service during the Thief training.

First off, you can't retire from the military at age 25 (hence the term veteran).

I thought Is it Wrong was getting a second season. But you are sort of right. They kind of share something. Until you actually realize that this show doesn't really have an MC, the MC from the other could actually fight on his own and got stronger, this one has more drama, the other has more action and suspense.........

Grimgar is setting an entirely new class/bar. What other anime can you name that has such a dramatic and quiet tone, with some action, but mostly character development/slice of life......and is also fantasy.

Is it Wrong? is getting a spin-off, not a second season yet.

Grimgar is setting an entirely new class/bar. What other anime can you name that has such a dramatic and quiet tone, with some action, but mostly character development/slice of life......and is also fantasy.

Kino's Journey, Mushishi, Shin Sekai Yori, Natsume Yuujinchou, Spice and Wolf, Haibane Renmei, etc, etc.

Back