Giant Killing

Garyuu

[sadht]Giant Killing[/sadht][sadhl=2967]giant-killing[/sadhl][sadhdc][/sadhdc]

Seems alright. I haven't really watched a sports anime, so I'm going to give this show a chance. Seems like it might get really good near the end. The OP was interesting. I never heard a Japanese celtic punk band before.

Last edited:
I love how much sports anime this season has. And this one looks pretty solid - we've seen plenty of genius forwards, playmakers or keepers in many shows, but a genius manager - now that's quite fresh.

it's an interesting concept... i think I'll like it, though I'm not much of a fan of either soccer or the art (which looked rather old school, low budget)

that said... a good story can make up for lame art, so I'll give it some time.

I agree. I don't care for the animation, but if the story is good, I wouldn't care. I used to like soccer when I was a kid, but once I stopped playing I lost interest. Maybe this will spark an interest for me.

I'll probably wait on watching this until right before the World Cup starts which is on June 11th.

I don't usually watch sports anime (not that I don't like them or anything, I just usually find other things more appealing), but I think this one has oodles of promise. I especially like the OP, and find the animation sort of charming ( hatched shading = <3 ), though it's odd for japanese people to be drawn with those sorts of noses, as such stylistic choices usually mean the character is western.

Yea, it definitely did have some strange animation. I liked the concept too, a bit predictable, but then again it's hard not to be when it's a sports anime. Definitely look forward to more.

I have no interest really in soccer but it's not a bad show. It's keeping my interest pretty well actually, but I'm open to sports anime as a whole. The animation does have an older style, but you get used to it quickly. I think it's going to turn out pretty well.

Not usually a fan of sports shows, but Giant Killing is a cut above. I've read part of the manga and the characters are well done, especially Tatsumi, whose unconventional style puts me in mind of what would happen if Morita from H&C attempted to manage a football team. Wacky and unpredictable, this looks like one to keep pace with.

I am not really into Sports because I get confused.. Haha. My mind is so simpleminded. But anywho, I really enjoy this show.

I like Tsubaki and Tatsumi. <3

Is it me or does Tatsumi remind me of Kisuke Urahara? I dunno.. maybe they are brothers secretly. ^_^

~Ai~Rox~

Is there some group subbing this that ''translates'' the phrases in English?

I have no problem at all with written English, but it's different with dubs... even more if the person speaking is a senile old man that speaks Engrish in a low tone.

Yeah. FFFpeeps translates them.

ep. 7
really surprised to see them lose so many games. Kuro, or whatever the bald guy's name, is getting on my nerves. He's an ass who complains about everything. I was glad to hear that he wanted to change clubs.

After seeing episodes 10 and 11
Tsubaki is finally useful and that makes me very happy. However, if they don't win this game, I'm going to cry.

Still watching this show. It's been good, not great. Watchable definitely and enjoyable. Just nothing too special about it.

Just caught up with the series (I watched 6-11 yesterday). This 12th episode was pretty awesome.

The series in general may not be a great thing, but it's definitely enjoyable and interesting enough to want to marathon through it. As it stands at the moment, Giant Killing is a solid 3.5/5 in my list.

And I think this means a lot coming from a guy whose least liked sport is football, so yeah.

Tatsumi FTW!

Back