Fruits Basket 1st Season

Purely out of curiosity: have you read the manga at all? The 2001 anime is pretty different to the manga so you might find it a bit jarring if you're expecting it to be exactly the same. It's not entirely different, but they did change some stuff and cut things out and the characters have more complex personalities in the manga.

Not that it really matters either way (and you're totally free to enjoy the first anime adaptation!), I'm just interested. If you haven't read the manga, I highly suggest it. If you have... ignore me lol.

I read the manga as a teenager after I completed the 2001 anime :)

I planned to watch the original before this, but I'm 2 episodes in and it's so damn shoujo that it physically hurts me. It's not bad or unenjoyable, but I guess I'm neither the target audience, nor has it aged particularly well.

But the trailer looks quite good, so I'll still watch the new one.

I'm really excited about this anime! Not only will it cover the entire manga, but also have amazing animation! Finally a shoujo/romance anime... we haven't had anime in this genre for a long time!
The moment we have all been waiting for is finally coming to pass. Thank you Jesus Yamato our anime lord and savior for blessing us with this miracle!
Vidmate iTunes Notepad++

Last edited:
Glad they are rebooting this! It was one of the first mangas I ever read, and the anime only covered about half? of the manga. Super pumped for the updated animation!

I had a kyo hat and everything, lol

31XD%2Bq%2BKOfL.jpg

Also, @pureply
I'm digging your avatar choice XD

I dont really have much positive memories of the original version, aside from an instant love at 1st listen to ritsko's op "for fruits basket".

So yeah, everything is as I remember it, but disappointed they didn't use the song..............well they didn't play any opining themes, so I guess it's still up in the air on what they will end up using..........

but yeah.......meh

Episode 1

The animation is amazing! The first episode is great... the characters are interesting and beautiful, it has a good amount of comedy (that's not silly), and it will soon build up on the romance! What better anime to watch? I love it so far... it's way better than Studio Deen's version.

looks to be a start to another good reboot from some of the older stuff. it started out both dark and light, fluffy, cute, adorable... it's a sad little curse that's for sure. I can't wait to see what comes of it and the other creatures to appear along the way. but that was one focused dude to not notice the girl... either way, it's going to be fun to see how this one plays out. I was sucked in with the first episode drop over on CR. it's going to be interesting how this one works out, especially when the bunny shows up, can never be too many bunnies!

I had never seen the original anime nor read the manga. I had planned to watch the first series until I heard the reason why this new one is even a thing is because the author really hated how the original anime turned out.

As far as first episodes go I'd say this was solid. Nice animation so far and it did a good job introducing the characters and at least some backstory for Tohru. I thought that final minute was a bit of a mess but nothing to harm my interest in watching more.

Back