First Anime Binge?

Discussion in 'General Anime Discussion' started by ShoumaTaka, Feb 23, 2019.

1. ShoumaTaka

ShoumaTaka Database Moderator

Apparently , there is a difference between your first anime AND your first binged anime , What was YOUR FIRST binge anime?

for some people who don't know what a binge is :
    a short period devoted to indulging in an activity to excess, especially drinking alcohol or eating.
    "he went on a binge and was in no shape to drive"
    synonyms: drinking bout, debauch; More
    indulge in an activity, especially eating, to excess.
    "some dieters say they cannot help binging on chocolate"

My first binge that i went on was when i first watched Moonphase. >_> yes...moonphase.
    ( the only thing good about that anime now is the opening and ending)
    but as the title suggests.

I want to know what your first binged anime was!
    [​IMG]

2. BurntJelly

BurntJelly Well-Known Member

Oh wow... going to have to think about this one...

My best guess:
    [​IMG]
    The Vision of Escaflowne

But that "first binge" wasn't the first time I had seen it... I just don't think I caught all of the episodes when it was on TV (Fox Kids on Saturday morning). It's still one of my absolute favorites.

I think somewhat soon after was (in I-don't-remember-which-order) Elfen Lied, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Le Portrait de Petite Cossette, Sailor Moon, Ronin Warriors, Death Note, Code Geass, etc. etc. and haven't stopped since.

3. EternalYumeLove

EternalYumeLove Well-Known Member

My first binge was "Vampire Knight", which was also my second anime to watch. It was on the year after the anime finished releasing its second season. After that, I got addicted to anime and binged almost every romance anime released before.

ShoumaTaka, hell0emi and Nicknames like this.
  4. randomredneck

randomredneck Well-Known Member

I think the only show I ever binged was Madoka Magica. I sped through the entire show in a day before the finale dropped. God, my head was killing me when I was done.

5. g3data

g3data Well-Known Member

Posted by g3data on Feb 23, 2019
    It was likely FMA though after collecting a lot of DVDs in 2008 from library rentals. I didn't use the internet or have any nearby video stores at the time though so I had to put up with the scratches.

Those discs did have episodes of Mr. Stain on Junk Alley though. That was pretty neat.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
  6. Hyperfanchan

Hyperfanchan New Member

Definitely FMA - I remember being sick in bed, and watching episode after episode..! Was such a great show to watch!

7. Nicknames

Nicknames Database Moderator

Mine was Higurashi. IIRC I binged both seasons in 3 days

8. hell0emi

hell0emi Well-Known Member

I think probably Death Note was the first show I binged.
    I frequently binge though, it’s my preferred viewing method.

9. ShoumaTaka

ShoumaTaka Database Moderator

Ahhh the Higurashi days ❤️ Remember them like it was yesterday. I think I watched the whole first season in one day and then I watched Umineko Kuro Ni in like two days and then the second season ( don’t even know why I went in that order honestly )

10. SpiritOfCoffeeMug

SpiritOfCoffeeMug Database Moderator

It might have been Kill La Kill with my girlfriend way back when, but I don't remember did we binge it or just watch it like on or two episodes a day.

The first one I remember was Eromanga Sensei and I regret doing it.

11. HikikoKat

HikikoKat Database Moderator

I think the first anime I binged was Watamote.

12. niotabunny

niotabunny Well-Known Member

the first one I ever binged was Nightwalker. I was at a discount store, going out of business type of thing, and I was like oh why not. it was super cheap and one of those impulse buying. I still do that to this day, have no clue what it is, but from the few images on the back and the small mentioning of text, seems interesting. that does tend to spark failures at times (gotten a few bad games in this method) but it was worth it. I have a thing for vampires and it was mentioning other vampire related things so why not.

EternalYumeLove and Nicknames like this.
  13. Grizz

Grizz Database Moderator

Posted by Grizz on Feb 24, 2019
    Both my first anime and first binged anime were Pokemon. I watched alot of Pokemon as a child without knowing it was Japanese then in high school decided to binge the original series and ended up going on for 400 or so episodes, though i slowly got bored and trailed into other anime series. Which is when my downfall began.

14. Franconator

Franconator Well-Known Member

It's a toss-up between Prince of Tennis and Bleach. I remember they both got cancelled on the local channels, so I had to track down the rest of the episodes myself.

15. SerialExperimentsTox

SerialExperimentsTox Well-Known Member

First binge was when I watched Higurashi. Accidentally found it while looking for some clips of Parappa the Rapper 2 on YouTube, because somehow cute animal rappers led to horror anime. Keep in mind, the only anime I had really seen before this was Pokemon, and I was like around 11 or 12. Probably wasn't the best age to see little anime girls get brutally murdered but I was so simultaneously scared and enthralled I just kept watching and obsessing over it. Really kicked started my love of horror anime.

Fargo, BurntJelly, HikikoKat and 3 others like this.
  16. Akishima

Akishima Well-Known Member

First binged anime? Probably Neon Genesis Evangelion and RahXephon. I watched both of them in about a week. They were also my first anime. I regularly binge entire series in one sitting, but couldn't say which one came first on that.

17. Kruszer

Kruszer Well-Known Member

No clue. I mainly watched stuff weekly on TV for the first 5 years or so if multiple episode OVAs count it would be Iria: Zeiram the Animation. So if not, some likely possibilities are some of my first complete series purchases circa 2001-2003 like:

Mobile Suit Gundam Wing
    Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team
    Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory
    Tenchi Universe
    The Vision of Escaflowne
    Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040
    Blue Seed
    Noir
    Hellsing

18. MythicalTurkey

MythicalTurkey Well-Known Member

All of one piece in 3 months. That was also my first anime ever. And that's how I got let into the salty spittoon

19. TheAzureComet

TheAzureComet Well-Known Member

Sadly, it's difficult to remember some 20 years ago.
    Can give you a ballpark guess though.
    If you're talking about sagas then something within Dragon Ball Z or Sailor Moon.
    If it's overall series then more than likely Gundam Wing, Zeta Gundam, or Gundam 0083.
    Possibly Tenchi Universe.
    1% chance it was Chobits.

Heck, can't even say which was my first anime.
    Just know it was an episode of Dragon Ball Z (iirc Tree of Might was split into episodes and it was one of those) on Fox or an episode of Sailor Moon (pre-R) on ... UPN? WB?

20. ObitoUzumaki

ObitoUzumaki New Member

My first binged anime was Naruto finished it in 1 month it's actually how I go into anime after watching something so good had to try and find something that could rival it