First Anime Binge?

ShoumaTaka

Apparently , there is a difference between your first anime AND your first binged anime , What was YOUR FIRST binge anime?

for some people who don't know what a binge is :
a short period devoted to indulging in an activity to excess, especially drinking alcohol or eating.
"he went on a binge and was in no shape to drive"
synonyms: drinking bout, debauch; More
indulge in an activity, especially eating, to excess.
"some dieters say they cannot help binging on chocolate"

My first binge that i went on was when i first watched Moonphase. >_> yes...moonphase.
( the only thing good about that anime now is the opening and ending)
but as the title suggests.

I want to know what your first binged anime was!
tenor.gif

Oh wow... going to have to think about this one...

My best guess:

The Vision of Escaflowne

But that "first binge" wasn't the first time I had seen it... I just don't think I caught all of the episodes when it was on TV (Fox Kids on Saturday morning). It's still one of my absolute favorites.

I think somewhat soon after was (in I-don't-remember-which-order) Elfen Lied, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Le Portrait de Petite Cossette, Sailor Moon, Ronin Warriors, Death Note, Code Geass, etc. etc. and haven't stopped since.

My first binge was "Vampire Knight", which was also my second anime to watch. It was on the year after the anime finished releasing its second season. After that, I got addicted to anime and binged almost every romance anime released before.

It was likely FMA though after collecting a lot of DVDs in 2008 from library rentals. I didn't use the internet or have any nearby video stores at the time though so I had to put up with the scratches.

Those discs did have episodes of Mr. Stain on Junk Alley though. That was pretty neat.

Last edited:
the first one I ever binged was Nightwalker. I was at a discount store, going out of business type of thing, and I was like oh why not. it was super cheap and one of those impulse buying. I still do that to this day, have no clue what it is, but from the few images on the back and the small mentioning of text, seems interesting. that does tend to spark failures at times (gotten a few bad games in this method) but it was worth it. I have a thing for vampires and it was mentioning other vampire related things so why not.

Both my first anime and first binged anime were Pokemon. I watched alot of Pokemon as a child without knowing it was Japanese then in high school decided to binge the original series and ended up going on for 400 or so episodes, though i slowly got bored and trailed into other anime series. Which is when my downfall began.

First binge was when I watched Higurashi. Accidentally found it while looking for some clips of Parappa the Rapper 2 on YouTube, because somehow cute animal rappers led to horror anime. Keep in mind, the only anime I had really seen before this was Pokemon, and I was like around 11 or 12. Probably wasn't the best age to see little anime girls get brutally murdered but I was so simultaneously scared and enthralled I just kept watching and obsessing over it. Really kicked started my love of horror anime.

No clue. I mainly watched stuff weekly on TV for the first 5 years or so if multiple episode OVAs count it would be Iria: Zeiram the Animation. So if not, some likely possibilities are some of my first complete series purchases circa 2001-2003 like:

Mobile Suit Gundam Wing
Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team
Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory
Tenchi Universe
The Vision of Escaflowne
Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040
Blue Seed
Noir
Hellsing

Sadly, it's difficult to remember some 20 years ago.
Can give you a ballpark guess though.
If you're talking about sagas then something within Dragon Ball Z or Sailor Moon.
If it's overall series then more than likely Gundam Wing, Zeta Gundam, or Gundam 0083.
Possibly Tenchi Universe.
1% chance it was Chobits.

Heck, can't even say which was my first anime.
Just know it was an episode of Dragon Ball Z (iirc Tree of Might was split into episodes and it was one of those) on Fox or an episode of Sailor Moon (pre-R) on ... UPN? WB?

Back