Final reminder: ensure your forum email/username matches your site values

sothis

Forum Moderator
Anime-Planet Founder
Developer
We're continuing to work on the forum merge, the next step is deleting all forum accounts that don't have a matching site account. The comparison is based on the username + email combination.

We've announced this several times over the past year so I doubt anyone has procrastinated for this long with updating your accounts, but posting it one last time for visibility. This will likely happen within the next 24-48 hours, so ensure that your email address is the same one in the site/forum and that your username matches.

The username check is case-insensitive. We'll end up updating the forum names' cases to match whatever you use on the site eventually but the check for 'does it match' is case insensitive.

@sothis has done such a good job reminding us all to verify our emails but afaik nobody is returning her kindness.

Don't forget to verify your email, sothis!

Don't worry, sothis, I got your back although it would be funny if your forum account was deleted.

There are roughly 27,000 forums accounts that are slated for deletion (today or tomorrow at latest). I'm going through these one by one (an incredibly tedious and horrible process) until I get sick of it, manually changing emails to match. This list includes moderators and very heavy, active forum users, so I am slightly annoyed ;)

Please double check that your forum and site emails match! There's no way I'm getting through 27,000 rows manually so if you don't have posts in the thousands and if they don't match, it's going to get deleted once we run this script. And there will be no going backwards so it'll be your own fault/you have been warned ;)

You'd think at least half the users would be lazy enough to not change their email and usernames when signing up to the forum. 27000 is a pretty big amount.

nah, its a lot of bots, or people who left a zillion years ago, etc. that's 10+ years of accounts, keep in mind. and the total forum accounts are a fraction of how many site accounts exist, since they're separate.

after the merge the same amount of site accounts will have forum accounts, so itll be in the hundreds of thousands.

so far we're up to 3 forum moderators that would have been deleted had i not manually checked these hundreds of rows manually ;)

Wow. o.o

That is pretty astounding 3 forum moderators didn't ensure to check their emails.

I've checked my information every time you've mentioned this, just in case. This thread has made me check it three times now. You're freaking me out, man.

Don't worry I think I'm past the post count that moderators have (started at "top posts" and working my way down)

When I removed users with 3 or less posts (99% spammers) I was left with only around 600, so I've been updating every single one manually o_o;;; hoo boy my arm/wrist is not happy with me :p

Personally, I don't get the concept of even using 2 diff emails in the first place. I mean, it'd be odd enough to do that if you were signing up for 2 seperate sites, but since it's all a-p......

So, if my account is still active that means it won't be deleted right?

Unless you change your email address on the site (then there's a risk), until we add a feature that updates both

but yes if your account is still here it means the usernames/emails matched when we ran the script

but yes if your account is still here it means the usernames/emails matched when we ran the script

I checked a couple times but it was a thrill not knowing whether I would survive the purge or not. The Goddess sothis told us how to be saved and most of us listened to Her, allowing those who did to obtain enlightenment. Yet those who didn't are cursed with reincarnating all over again on the planet Anime that She created.

Thanks for all the hard work! :balloon:

Back