Daily Anime Thoughts

No.

This is not turkey trying to be rebellious and contrary. This is turkey's real opinion.

No.

It is a borefest with some of the most unlikable anime characters I've ever seen.

Madoka is amazing and I would watch it eleventy billion times before re-watching evangelion.

Well, it's not available yet anyway. Stein's Gate is, but I want the glorious English dub for that. God I hate Netflix.

Oh.

Well

Maybe not out of the question, I don't know if streaming can destroy your computer, I'm guessing downloading was the deal the first time around

Nope, streaming. Destroyed the computer in the sense that I got a nasty virus that was very, very hard to get rid of.

I was fine when Anime Haven was still a thing, but since they stopped a couple years back, I've been forced to rely on legal things. Even though sometimes I wonder if dealing with viruses would be less of a pain in the ass than dealing with Netflix's UI.

DAT: Should I watch Evangelion then? I doubt I'll like it nearly as much as Madoka since I'm not all that fond of Mecha but then again I might as well give it a shot.

*edit* "Coming June 21"

Assholes.
Judging from how you rated some shows you'll probably like it. If you liked the atmosphere of Monster, but want it more psychological, then this would be for you. It all depends on if you find a character you can compare yourself to, since this is more of a character study than a narrative.

Judging from how you rated some shows you'll probably like it. If you liked the atmosphere of Monster, but want it more psychological, then this would be for you. It all depends on if you find a character you can compare yourself to, since this is more of a character study than a narrative.

Sounds like my kinda thing then. I'll give it a try at some point.

DAT: Should I watch Evangelion then? I doubt I'll like it nearly as much as Madoka since I'm not all that fond of Mecha but then again I might as well give it a shot.

*edit* "Coming June 21"

Assholes.

I've been asking myself this question for years.

No.

This is not turkey trying to be rebellious and contrary. This is turkey's real opinion.

No.

It is a borefest with some of the most unlikable anime characters I've ever seen.

Madoka is amazing and I would watch it eleventy billion times before re-watching evangelion.

And this answered it.

Then this made me feel torn again.

Damnit.

Evangelion is one of those shows all anime fans should watch at least once. The anime set so many genre standards that have been copied ever since, but it's rare for any of those anime to do the tropes Evangelion started justice. The show is as much of a character study as it is a mecha monster of the week. Each of the main character represents some kind of mental illness and Shinji is a good case study for the effects of emotional abuse and abandonment. The show also complete subverts the heroes's journey by having a protagonist that is completely unsuited to the role due to the poor state of his mental health. The show will start as trope-y to anyone used to modern series, but this show backs those tropes up by grounding the psychology of the characters.

Also, the mech and monster designs are boss as fuck.

Evangelion is a masterpiece. I could explain why but it would take days to type it all
20co4k.jpg

*edit* "Coming June 21"

Assholes.
Yes, but not dubbed... and be sure to watch the director's cut of 21-24.

No.

No.

I feel like I've already watched Eva about that many times. Love it every time.

I'm due for a Madoka rewatch at some point... I think it's been a few years already...

Both are even better the 2nd time around.

Checkmate: no one will believe that you would have a positive opinion about an anime that isn't tatami, therefore I am still right. Haha.
Not true, I have other anime that I like, including Baki, Dies Irae, Bojack horseman, Bill Nye the Science guy works, all Jaiden Animations videos, Richard and Mortimer, and every Pixar movie that isn't cars or a sequel to Monsters Inc.

Back