Chobits

Last Episode:

It was a beautiful ending. Chii ends up together with Hideki and everything turns out alright. Freya is pitiful, but in the end I guess she could go without regrets.

What's left unknown is what the program actually did, although my guess is it would deactivate all persocoms. But then again, why was such a bitchy program installed in the first place? I don't see the point other than as a form of harassment towards Chii lol. 'If you fall in love don't be too happy because you're doomed anyways!'

But really, other than that...

It was a very solid comedy-romance and I loved the ending. Comedy was lots of fun and full of endearing cuteness. All the characters were nice and well developed, neither of them felt like they could have been left out. Obviously though, Chii and Hideki are the best in the anime and personally there are very few things I could point that I disliked about them - if not any at all.

I had a hunch I was going to really like this and heck, I sure did. I LOVE CHOBITS! *¬*

4/5.

Finale:
It was a very satisfying ending, all of the characters got their happy ending and ended up with the person or persocon they were supposed to. Chobits did a great job of telling multiple stories, not only do Hideki and Chii get their happy ending, but most of the side characters do as well. Freya was just a sad soul living inside Chii and in the end her deletion seemed appropriate.

Really the whole thing with the program was a bit of a wasted plot point, I think it was put there to give a sense of danger or larger consequences to the romance, which I think was unnecessary.

It was a great show overall. It did justice to all of it's characters which is nice. Chii was great from the start, but after a while I also started to really like Hideki as well. I didn't know what to expect going into the Chobits, but I was pleasantly suprised with a great show. I love Chobits but I also love Chii. :laugh:

4 out of 5.

Chii will pass to my anime history as one of the cutest/loveliest characters ever, alongside Nana (Elfen Lied), Eri (School Rumble) and Rika (Higurashi). *chiiiii* :love:

Looking forward to our next Buddy watch starting tomorrow, good sir. =)

Nothing I say can do Chobits any justice, its far to great of a show (in my opinion). I'm mad i didn't see your posts 2 days earlier, i would have totally re-watched the show again.

The show had a great mix of comedy to keep you laughing, cuteness for those 'awww' moments, and story/plot to keep you watching. The last 8 episodes defiantly exploded, overflowing with plot. The show is pure genius.

I started writing an abstract to Chobits, but i never finished it... I may go back and do just that! Let me finish my Fate / Stay Night abstract first.

I cant remember all of your questions Linksword and Marius, But one question I remember right now is about Chii's "program".

Her program was hidden code that was activated when someone fell in love with her. It appeared to turn all the other persicoms off, but it instead turned them to a low level logic mode, ready to accept information. Chii's job was to upload her program to them. Her job was to give them the ability to feel, to love. That's why the other persicoms acted the way they did when she finished her program. She stood the trials and tribulations of the hardships of love, so that others may benefit from it.

There's slightly more to it, but that's my basic understanding. I could talk about chobits all day, feel free to ask any questions.

Her program was hidden code that was activated when someone fell in love with her. It appeared to turn all the other persicoms off, but it instead turned them to a low level logic mode, ready to accept information. Chii's job was to upload her program to them. Her job was to give them the ability to feel, to love. That's why the other persicoms acted the way they did when she finished her program. She stood the trials and tribulations of the hardships of love, so that others may benefit from it.

There's slightly more to it, but that's my basic understanding. I could talk about chobits all day, feel free to ask any questions.

Ah, so that was the program's commitment? Putting it that way it does make a lot of sense.

Thanks for the explanation man! If I can think of any other doubts I might have left I'll make sure to ask. :banana:

By the way, do you know if the manga's ending is any different from the anime's?

Oh and yeah, I forgot to say this yesterday and it really is something I couldn't have seen myself writing years ago lol:

NO KISS?? Awww...

:laugh:

It was fun to read about you guys buddy-watching the series. :) It made me remember Chobits again and think about it now when I have seen a lot more series. Chobits was one of the first series I watched. I really liked it and Chii was so cute! :) Owning a personocom was WAY over the head of Hideki as some of you guys said in the beginning. He should have a notepad and a pencil at most. :laugh:

I think I will try to buddy-watch some series soon. Would be fun to discuss it with others during the watching.

Chobit's was the second anime I watched. I thought it was cute and funny, though I kinda got confused by the ending. I want to read the manga.

Chobits Last Episode Discussion

Who had completed the Chobits Episodes??

I like Chii. She reminds me a lot of Nyuu (which is supposedly where Lynn Okamoto got his inspiration for Nyuu). Also, Hideki sometimes reminds me of Kouta--like in episode 2 (I think) when Kouta changes Nyuu, he acts like Hideki. Close to the end of Episode 2, Kouta looks a bit like Hideki, the way he was animated.

Anyway, enough talk about Elfen Lied... I liked Chobits as a whole. It was funny and cute. But when I saw the first volume of manga, I was surprised to see how big it was... At first, I thought it was a few volumes comprised into one, but it was just the first volume, as anyone familiar with Chobits would know.

R-r-r-r-r-rewatch time!

Man, just hearing the music makes the nostalgia hit me like a train. To be 13 again and discovering anime for the first time, not understanding anything, because your English is shit, and you've never even listened to Japanese before. I've rewatched it a couple of times since, and I've read the manga, too, so I think I still remember most of the plot very well, although it's been years. I can also now finally relate to the struggles of a poor student. :D I'm mostly wondering how I'll handle the fanservice aspect, because when I first watched it, I didn't mind it, then I had a phase where I loathed anything even remotely ecchi, and now I'm just like whatever, so hopefully it'll go fine. The humor still fits me just fine, too.
It's funny how they make all these semi-clothed, attractive robots, and then they get all surprised that people want to bang them. Pikachu face.
Chii is still adorable.

Last edited:
Never let a horny 12 year old design robots. Never.
Just seeing Yuzuki brings on the feels! The feels are going to be strong with this one.
Hibiya (hey, I still remember the names!) being 100% chill with Chii being naked or half naked is hilarious. :D And suspicious.
"No matter how cute she is, don't fall in love with her." Too late, dude. She's way too adorable for that.

I'm so glad I decided to rewatch this. I'm having a blast. ^^

giphy.gif

AAAHHH CHOBITS <333 it was one of the first animes I watched. So much nostalgia around this. I've rewatched it several times. Just love love love it

Back