Chihayafuru vs March Comes In Like a Lion

Chihayafuru or March Comes In Like A Lion?

• Total voters

TeddytheBear

I saw something simular to this in a MAL forum while looking for a March Comes In Like A Lion S3 release date.
I know that these series are different and focus on different things, but I wanted to know which one the community enjoys more. I enjoy both, and I do have a favourite out of the two but I don't wanna state it in case I skew the results

I prefer March Comes in Like a Lion because I like the themes it deals with more, and the variety in cast and their issues, but both are good series.

Last edited:
I think March Comes in Like a Lion is one of my defining anime of the last decade. A serious take on depression and childhood trauma that can still be charming and funny. I watched a few episodes of Chihayafuru and I don't think it is bad, but I couldn't get into it.

Being I watch a lot less anime these days, I would still be hotly anticipating every episode of March Comes in Like a Lion season 3. Like clicking refresh constantly until the new episode popped up on release days.

I only ever saw a single episode of Sangatsu no Lion but I wasn't feeling it so I never continued. So Chihayafuru is my clear choice here. It helps that it actually got a third season too. I know that reasoning isn't particularly fair but I really don't like making these types of comparisons. It doesn't feel good having to put one good thing under another completely different good thing just because. I just wanna enjoy my good things separately without having to think about where they place on some mentally constructed hierarchy.

I like both, but if I had to be honest, I like Sangatsu a bit more cause I can relate to the main character a bit.

Back