ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT MAIN SITE'S TEMP CLOSURE

Status
Not open for further replies.
there should be a celebration when the sites back up, after all sothis is putting in alot of hard work with the rest of the team.
Hip Hip Hurray:drinking:

Wise decission...

If I read the past responses to this thread correctly most people would be very happy if they could only see there anime list and read the exsisting recommendations again...

Speaking for myself... I'll be trilled if I get those 2 features back by friday. :love:

I still can't believe you survive this Sothis... I think I couldn't handle being unable to watch anime for more then 2 weeks! ;-)

Thanks for the hard work! :sweat:

wow you go on vaction and things change.
but I know it will be for the better
I will patienly wait for the new and improve site.
mean while back to work. Oh Well

I put a bunch of screenshots of v3 together on one page: http://drahken.t35.com/ap-v3-screens.php
In order to not totally ruin the surprise however, I have set it up to only show 1 random image at a time. In order to see other screens, you have to reload the page (the refresh button doesn't always get a new screen for some reason. If you keep getting the same one, try the go button or click somewhere in the url bar & hit enter. I'm trying to figure out whyTF it does that & fix the problem, but in the meantime...)

edit: Found a way around the not loading a new pic issue by adding a refresh link on the page, just click where it says.

I clicked. But I had NO expectations this time. Oh, and I lol'd.

I think it's been over a year since I last visited (nothing to do with this great website or the cool community here. After switching jobs I've just been hellishly busy) and I check back to see what I guess now already is old news about the website being hacked so badly.

So I guess the least I can say is good luck with the new version and good to see your not giving up Sothis! I know how bad it feels to have people hack your website. Best of luck! :hamster:

Oh man!! I am missing the site so much. I can't wait till you come back. See you soon:crying:

Lol what's the name of the song used in the shot with the black and white squirrel?

Not sure if this is the answer but the only black and white flashing animal with a song in it was playing Napolean XIV - They're Coming To Take Me Away.

I wish there was a way to pick what clip you see and loop it so it doesn't turn off to fast. Also, the micheal jackson one was wrong in to many ways. I like the two clips with the cats in it but I think the bush one was the funniest so far; "I heard theres rumors on they uh, internets." I took a public speaking class in high school, you were dropped a full letter grade on all speeches where you use anything like 'uh' or 'umm.'

Here's a question that should go on the "identify this anime" thread but no one would get the reference. What anime is the one from drahke's flash thing with the girl with long blackish purplish hair wearing pink pajamas and nuzzling the kitty? 0.o

Anyways... <insert standard 'cant wait for the site to come back' comment here>

Last edited:
it sure would be great to ahve the site up by friday, i cant wait to put in information about the stuff i watched in the holiday, and also i am introducing a friend to anime-planet.

it is amazing to see the thing coded buttom up at this rate, i hope we will have a bug free alpha release.

finaly:
you might want to consider having a subsite with some basic list information, in case anything like this happens again.

great work, lovely site.

i really cant wait need to put in everything i saw on the site because i am losing track of it .
but i hope it will be done soon and the new site will be great i checked on it everyday begin august

it sure would be great to ahve the site up by friday, i cant wait to put in information about the stuff i watched in the holiday, and also i am introducing a friend to anime-planet.

it is amazing to see the thing coded buttom up at this rate, i hope we will have a bug free alpha release.

finaly:
you might want to consider having a subsite with some basic list information, in case anything like this happens again.

great work, lovely site.

there is no such thing as "bug free" in relations to software.

regardless, we are designing, cssing, and coding the entire old site from the ground up in a matter of weeks. there's no possible chance it wont launch without bugs.

sorry guys, we just dont have the time to make this a 100% release.

Well if it's anything less than a 187% release, I don't want it. So go build a time machine, build the site, go back & build it again, then remove 13% of the second copy of the site, and then I'll be happy.

Well...

What are you waiting for?

Don't make me come after you with soggy ramen!

I guess the saying holds true: you never really know what you've got till it's gone. I've missed this site so much over the past few weeks!

Thanks for all your hard work and efforts in getting it back up and running <33

when does the uppdated anime-planet start i want to know

well the new looks should be back up this friday, together with the old features.
the new features should happen somewhere around october.

sothis said:
there is no such thing as "bug free" in relations to software.
i know, i probably should have said that i hope for no critical bugs.
but to repeat myself, its a nice piece of work you are doing :sweat:

also, it wouldn't really be alpha without bugs, would it? :baka:

well the new looks should be back up this friday, together with the old features.
the new features should happen somewhere around october.

i know, i probably should have said that i hope for no critical bugs.
but to repeat myself, its a nice piece of work you are doing :sweat:

also, it wouldn't really be alpha without bugs, would it? :baka:

I think I can make an alpha calculator with no bugs...
Code:
public class calc(){
public void main(String[] args) throws Exceptions{
	int math = (1 + 1);
	System.out.println(math);
}}
LOL

Well, I usually don't make posts on the forums, but I just can't wait for the site!
As said by someone else, I can't believe how much I rely on this site LOL.
Does your site accept PayPal donations, sothis?
I have an extra $20 from this week's bonus I got :smile:
I know It's Gonna help the site, Like hosting
or an upgrade in bandwidth

Maybe I'll feel like clicking on some advertisements and download stuff on a virtual OS for phun:...:

Good Luck with, improving the site. I did not realiza that i were so addicted to the site, until it close...jejeje

No other site in the Net offers wath we receive from this great Anime site.

Waiting for the best then, Bye aqnd take care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back