Aria the Animation

G

Aria the Animation
Alt title:

Synopsis, Screenshots, Reviews, Recommendations ~ Add Your Own Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here. Full reviews should be posted here. Forum rules and post guidelines can be found here

Checked out ep1 and I can't say whether I like it or not at this point. It seems like one of those slow paced animes with nice art, and will leave you with a warm fuzzy feeling at the end. I guess maybe like Ah My Goddess in that sense, but without the love drama. Don't expect it to be as good as AMG though, but I think it'll turn out to be an enjoyable show as long as you're in the mood for the slow paced, sweet type anime.

The only thing that really bothers me is the weird cat... those eyes are freaky! (wasn't even sure they were eyes at first)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah that cat really weird although s/he makes the cutest pet sounds. Everything I wanted to say about this show has already been said by LadyArtemis slow paced show with nice art and nice mood.

Mrh, manga>>>anime (yes, I know it's a cliche statement). Having read the manga beforehand and imagined up what the characters sound like, Akari/Aria's voices are just ugh ugh ugh. >_< I think the manga lets you enjoy the narrative at your own pace (since you can sort of control how fast you read), whereas it gets pretty torturous in the anime at times (especially when Akari/Aria are vocalizing -_-").

I gotta admit I got tired of Aria, but Akari's voice actor did a great job. It really worked IMO.
If you want really _wrong_ voicing, listen to the DramaCDs =) imagine Female Ranma's voice for Aika. >_<

well I think the key is to watch it when you're in the mood for something calm, slow, and possibly boring XD

but I actually kinda like it... there are funny moments, though I'm hoping that there is a teeny bit more of plot progression of sorts

one of the best anime so far, IMO. I hope it stays like this :)

Would have been perfect if at the end of Aria the Origination
they either explained Alicia's marriage, or just not included it at all... c'mon who can marry a goddess other than keniichi.

I sat through 3 episodes of this at a con this year, and I wanted to stab my brain to make the pain stop. Seriously, this was perhaps the most boring show I've ever seen. There's an amusing part here and there, yes, but it's waaaay too slow paced to make up for it. Even the opening puts me to sleep.

I love Aria (if you couldn't tell by my signature). One reviewer hit it right on the head when he called it a "prose poem". It's all about mood. The surroundings, a celebration of day to day life and appreciation of the beauty of life. Where else does a really good baked potato get the props it deserves? ;) I love this show, and when I have a really stressful day, I watch it right before I go to bed and it completely winds me down.

I love Aria (if you couldn't tell by my signature). One reviewer hit it right on the head when he called it a "prose poem". It's all about mood. The surroundings, a celebration of day to day life and appreciation of the beauty of life. Where else does a really good baked potato get the props it deserves? ;) I love this show, and when I have a really stressful day, I watch it right before I go to bed and it completely winds me down.
President!
Did you also read the manga?

I liked it's odd pace.
Not-for-everyone that is for sure. Yeah when there you have to try the potato!

For me, this anime was so chill, it was massage therapy.

I've been sniffin' around for all types of animes I haven't seen; coming across several odd and wonderful shows, but this show is a true gem.

The slow paced harmony that settles the mood underlines the entire show, slow paced doesn't begin to describe the lack of anything going on here, but I can think of another show that did and does the exact same thing, Spice And Wolf. And any show comparable to Spice and Wolf is a show worth watching, to me. but anyways, the pace of the show really shines the characters through for some odd reason. In other shows, the moments of visual bombardments of scenery and casual conversations can be described in one word: boring, but Aria doesn't even try to hide that fact, it knows it's boring, and it doesn't give a fuck. It wants to be slow, it wants to be natural, it wants you to feel connected to the show and cast.

And does anyone else besides myself find episode 2 with the blonde saying "my my." all the time to her childhood friend hilarious? xD

This show is ranked 1000+ in AP, while the second season is in the 100's, can't wait to get to that point to see why the scores differ so highly.

Last edited:
This show is ranked 1000+ in AP, while the second season is in the 100's, can't wait to get to that point to see why the scores differ so highly.

And the third season is ranked the highest out of all three (with good reason btw).
Probably the main reason for the drastic difference in scores between S1 and S2 though, is 1200+ more Watched.

However, S2, even though twice as long, is pretty much just like S1, and just as good.

ha! 1200 votes would change season 1 to be near the hundreds, eh? xD But for whatever the reason, the more I watch the more I enjoy. It's like working out all day then relaxing to a nice cool beer at the end.

I do feel S2 and S3 are ranked higher than S1 for their animation quality. Also, it took me a while to get used to and start enjoying the general Aria atmosphere which is probably the biggest reason why I gave S1 a lower score. Anyways all that aside, this is a really good series. No thread for S2 and S3 is a sucker but since I’ll be starting S3 soon (and also because S3 appears to be the best of the three) I’m in dire need for a thread (request made).

Last edited:
I adore this anime. Have watched 11 episodes of Season 1 so far. It's a gem.

Iyashikei stuff is the best.

Watched this over 10 years ago. Completing my rewatch of the franchise and will soon be finished up the last season as I await the bluray of the latest movie set to release in August. Suffice to say I enjoyed it as much today as I did all those years ago.

Back