Scarlet Nexus

Pretty solid episode 1. Visuals look good and while nothing about it was particularly original there was no dumb shit and nothing to really complain about. Looking forward to more of it.

Pretty solid episode 1. Visuals look good and while nothing about it was particularly original there was no dumb shit and nothing to really complain about. Looking forward to more of it.

Wait what? This is already airing? The game isn't coming out yet until the 25th of this month. I thought this show will be months later.

I suppose I should have seen this coming since the game is on the way out as well, I dont mind the game, and the pre-air episode 1 was okay. Visually its alright, we'll see how it goes from here on.

Only found out this existed after starting to play the game, was quite surprised that it was already being aired. The game's fun and I can get free cosmetics in it by watching the anime(unless I cheat by searching it up which I probably will if I can't figure it out alone, which I probably won't be able to do lmao).

EP 1-2:
This monsters’ design just made me laugh to dead; really, it is even worth than in Gibiate. Characters feel painfully generic and boring. Hopefully, something will change in the future episodes and it will become just a tiny bit better.

Episode 3: This go unbelievably confusing incredibly fast. Like.. what the fuck happened again?

it is even worth than in Gibiate.

Let's not talk crazy here. The CG is a bit silly here, but the designs are pretty interesting... like something out of a horror game honestly... they just are not doing the best job translating them to anime.

Gibiate's monsters look like something you would find in an embarrassed child's garbage can that they swore their friend put in there except they have no friends because they draw stuff like that.

Anyway... this started off promising, and some parts of it still are...

with there being a conspiracy and all.

But who knows if they will capitalize on it? Like Nekus said above, I am not fully sure what is going on or even who to root for.

For now, the show is just OK for me. Monsters look a bit silly but I've seen a lot worse. See where it goes from here.

For the three episode rule... I’ve watched three and I’ll guess I’ll give it four

major points against this anime so far
-Naruto running everywhere
-Based on a video game
-confusing. What’s going on? No one knows

what is this extinction belt thing

Ep. 1-3- Am I the only one enjoying the heck out of this show? It's probably my favorite seasonal right now. I mean, I am trash for anime based on games, but as they go, I'm not sensing the gameplay gimmick nearly as much as some (I'm looking at you, Persona 4). Yeah, at first I thought the monsters were ridiculously goofy looking, but honestly, it's growing on me- kinda reminds me of the pastiche art style and out-there designs of the witch lairs in Madoka Magica. I also adore the character designs- all that black and red.

Anyway, I've suspected something was seriously amiss with the world from episode one, so seeing it all start to unravel in episode 3 is intensely satisfying- I'm just surprised they didn't draw the mystery out longer. I suspect it's similar to other shows I've seen where what they're seeing is not the reality- their world is actually destroyed, and they are viewing a virtual reality of a sort. I mean, how they can communicate through the network with their minds is suspect. At this point, the aliens may just be other humans that they've been brainwashed to see as monsters. There's also drugs involved. And looking at the augmented abilities of the soldiers, maybe everyone is chipped or something. Seiran is obviously acting outside the system. New Himuka may actually be the little virtual reality the aliens made up to corral the humans and control them, if the aliens even exist at all. Or maybe most of the New Himukans are aliens who have mingled with the humans, and are using the humans to fight each other to extinction. Maybe everyone is just logged into a virtual reality and don't realize they're dying in real life. Mmm, the possibilities are delicious.

Let's not talk crazy here. The CG is a bit silly here, but the designs are pretty interesting... like something out of a horror game honestly... they just are not doing the best job translating them to anime.

Gibiate's monsters look like something you would find in an embarrassed child's garbage can that they swore their friend put in there except they have no friends because they draw stuff like that.

Anyway... this started off promising, and some parts of it still are...

with there being a conspiracy and all.

But who knows if they will capitalize on it? Like Nekus said above, I am not fully sure what is going on or even who to root for.

For now, the show is just OK for me. Monsters look a bit silly but I've seen a lot worse. See where it goes from here.
Then do not talk crazy; it looks fucking horrible. If you like the animation, then do it without quoting me for no reason.

Then do not talk crazy; it looks fucking horrible. If you like the animation, then do it without quoting me for no reason.

I'll just quote you again then since I quoted you for a reason the first time. If you think this looks worse than Gibiate then I don't know what to tell you. That show looked like rotten trash everywhere, this show just has some questionable monster designs and some ugly CGI in some places, the rest of it is not bad at all and some of the costumes are really great.

I'll just quote you again then since I quoted you for a reason the first time. If you think this looks worse than Gibiate then I don't know what to tell you. That show looked like rotten trash everywhere, this show just has some questionable monster designs and some ugly CGI in some places, the rest of it is not bad at all and some of the costumes are really great.
Dude, I do not care. If you like this garbo animation, whatever. (I ignored you).

Excuse me, is someone understanding this anime?
I watched 5 episodes and it just seems like everything is being thrown at once, this is tiring.
I know it is an anime to make people buy the game, but I don't understand why make it like this.

Excuse me, is someone understanding this anime?
I watched 5 episodes and it just seems like everything is being thrown at once, this is tiring.
I know it is an anime to make people buy the game, but I don't understand why make it like this.

that's pretty much most of the anime based on a video game

that's pretty much most of the anime based on a video game

Pretty much yeah. I'm not watching this but I am currently playing the game. The game itself still loves to throw around terms and events expecting you're already familiar with what the hell is going on but I figure it's at least a much better follow than the anime, especially since the game actually has a database library you can check anytime the game makes you scratch your head.

I can't imagine how much confusing it is for the anime but that's what you expect when you cram a 50 hour JRPG in a one or two cour show.

It’s got a fairly deep dramatic story with decent characters and plausible realistic events and motivations but the enemy being mostly walking flower pots at the same makes harder to take it seriously without laughing.

Back