Dropout Idol Fruit Tart

This sounds a lot like Zombieland Saga, only this time the girls are dead-ass broke instead of being just dead. Does that sound like a better deal to you? Should they get busy singing or get busy dying? And most importantly: how are these wannabes ever gonna live up to the mystical wonder that is the Legendary Tae-chan?

Shit, I thought this was about a cutesy fruit tart every day life shorts and shit, instead it's... well,

This sounds a lot like Zombieland Saga, only this time the girls are dead-ass broke instead of being just dead. Does that sound like a better deal to you? Should they get busy singing or get busy dying? And most importantly: how are these wannabes ever gonna live up to the mystical wonder that is the Legendary Tae-chan?

This. Needs to have a Tae in it, else it's just one of them shit generic idol shows about broke ass girls trying to make it big or die trying. Basically, homie is right.

Episode 1 pre-aired on AT-X and can be found already at the right places. Without any spoilers, it seems like a run-on-the-mill Kirara adaptation, with the usual gags. A shame really, because it's by the Hanayamata author and that was really good. And especially weak coming after Koisuru Asteroid and Machikado Mazoku. I'll probably give a look at episode 2 at least, but it's definitely not a high priority for me next season. At least the lead girl is cute.

Probably one of the most distasteful and bad anime's I've watched. I tried so hard to like it but I have to drop it 6 eps in. There is no story line what so ever and even if there were, it would be washed out by the Yuri, ecchi scenes and sexual jokes made countless time in each episode. Every time I thought made a story was developing it was just back to more Yuri and ecchi scenes. Come on man

This show was basically an idol show for the ones with the perverted mind.

It's full of ''take gander'' moments where the girls call out attention to their looks. As well as playing to the common ''Japanese'' fetishes. It's unapologetically marching forward taking no heed of what's more socially acceptable. At it's best the girls are well established in character at it's worst the show is basically a fetishist dream.

It's basically an idol show written by someone who is very horny and has a large selection of barely vanilla fetishes. That said, it's quite an interesting show for me as well. Though a lot of dialogue plays to things I'm not into it all largely comes together as an idol show. While I can't say it's well written it certainly isn't poorly paced compared to most idol shows.

That said, it's still an encredibly awkward production due to all the elements playing toward specific male desires so it can become a hurdle quite quickly. Still the show has some self awareness on how it presents itself.

Eitherway, it's basically a borderline ecchi idol show. It's largest strength is it's relatively compact cast it's greatest weakness is that it's grounded in fetishes that might not appeal to numerable people. The idols in this show are quite far from pure with each having their own crush of sorts.

Despite all it's flaws I quite enjoyed it, but factually it's probably mediocre.

Personally I'd dare give this an easy 3/5 in terms of enjoyability but it's effectively a 2.5/5 show.

This show was basically an idol show for the ones with the perverted mind.
Despite all it's flaws I quite enjoyed it, but factually it's probably mediocre.
Oh we know you loved it!

haha but jokes aside i think you nailed it.
I will grant actually a similar summary of thoughts.

I generally find the average idol show to be boring and overused, whilst when i first saw shows like Idolmaster it wasn't the worst, seeing love live and it's 400 spin-offs and the many idol shows which followed destroyed any small interest in the genre which i had - which sadly meant the shows like Idolmaster where i had grown to enjoy it's songs quickly fell into the same group.

I actually admit for all this shows faults, it was mostly enjoyable, i liked it didn't take its self too serious, it was a joke was barely idols just trying to make it and i think the characters was a nice mix, there was no drama between them either which helped (no over the top "we must win or else" setup either), truth be told i think i mostly enjoyed watching this each week just for the characters, Io's clear lesbian mindset aside, i felt she was a nice balance of the ditsy slightly absent minded clueless girl and a general all all-rounder who came to be a decent lead, Roko was just there for the lolicons but truth be told, the jokes around her was better used than the normal loli (i liked the haunting broco-roko thing that wont leave her), the others all played their part too (i wont list 'em all) to make a fun group to follow.

Was it a idol show? Not really - which is why i liked it. Honestly, it was 5 girls in a house just doing some idol stuff on the side, mostly of the "idol stuff" was not concerts but selling merchandise or finding fame in the local community. I think i enjoyed this over the love live formula, as someone who enjoyed Slice of Life shows, this was appealing to me over some girls become famous over night just because, this highlighted the money side in a comical way too which was fun.

It's basically an idol show written by someone who is very horny and has a large selection of barely vanilla fetishes
This was the down side, honestly i felt the show would of been fine without the fetishes, panty-shots and random underwear moments, sure it would be nothing special but it never was going to be, without this stuff though it could of had more pride in its self and possibly drew in a more casual fan-base over a few after a upskirt shot of the girls on stage or threats of selling nudes for money.

Needless to say,:
Personally I'd dare give this an easy 3/5 in terms of enjoyability but it's effectively a 2.5/5 show.
This. It's a 2.5 average show, there is nothing making it stand out but there is nothing overly to hate other than the needless fan service. I will be kind and offer it a 3 for as you say, personal enjoyment as that is what i score on (personal over factual makes shows unique) but it is about average. Truth be told, if they said it had a second season coming, i would probably watch it, but i wouldn't likely re-watch this either, but i did for the best part enjoy the show as a concept (which for a idol show nowdays is rare) so 3/5.

Didn't really think of this anime as an anime idol show but more of yuri, siscon,lolicon,stalkers, fetishes, oppai funny anime

W!T!F!!
I almost missed out on this one completely because there's absolutely nothing within the tags or description to indicate this is peak culture material. Normally I wouldn't touch an idol show with a ten-foot pole but this is totally up my alley. C'mon A-P, you need to label intellectual titles like this more diligently for us, the literati. EDIT: ecchi tag finally added, noice.

(4/5 easily, was laughing my ass off throughout)

Last edited:
This one was lots o' silly fun. Glad I decided to ignore the idol/music tags and read the reviews instead. These are some culture-savvy idols :troll:

Back