Digimon Adventure Tri. Movie 4

Not sure if this is confirmed yet or not, but I saw today that this movie's title will translate to "Loss" and that the movie poster features Hououmon (Biyomon's Mega) and Machinedramon, I actually found a low resolution image of the poster online. Probably too soon to say if it's real or not, but:

La-cuarta-OVA-de-Digimon-Adventure-tri.-se-estrenara%CC%81-el-25-de-febrero-682x1000.jpg

I hope that's true, and that sticking with the end of Movie 3 (spoilers)
that we'll be in the Digital World. That almost leads me to believe that the Dark Masters could been revived. We could be seeing some of the scenes from Season 01 within Movie 4.

First promo vid's out. They should change the subtitle to Feels because hoo boy, we're gonna bawl just as much as we did when we had to say goodbye to the Digimon in season 1. I wont be able to take them not knowing who their human partners are.

Was that a new Seadramon? Are the Dark Masters back in town?

I wonder what role that Tapirmon will hold? I didnt see it in that video but if it's on the poster, it has to be important.

Was that a new Seadramon? Are the Dark Masters back in town

It looked like Metal Seadramon to me.
It would be kinda neat to see a sort of abridged version of Digimon Season 1 with everyone as they are now, in order to regain their Digimon's Power and stature.

Remember when the hype for Digimon Tri was real? I can remember quite a few people interested in watching this. Despite that, it seems like no one has been watching it, or, if nothing else, they haven't been posting any thoughts on stuff. Shame! Shame on you all! In fact...

HDY5hPw.gif

Especially @Zaig, as I know he's been watching and didn't bother to post his thoughts in the last movie thread.

The opening segment was pretty cool. I wonder if that was from Season 1, when they mentioned that the first Digidestined battled and sealed away the evil the first time, before the eight we know and love came to the Digital World. They didn't give much pretense, but I guess it'll have some relevance with what's to come.

Yokomon is being a little shit. I feel bad for Sora, especially since she made all that food. Whoever marries Sora will be lucky. The way Mimi said that, it almost made it seem like she was thinking about marrying Sora, which I would be okay with. :megusta:

A lot of cool interactions and introductions with the Digimon. It seems like some of their personalities are a little different. I wonder if that will be permanent or if as they grow and bond with the kids, their memories and original personalities will return? Guess we'll see.

What the hell was that Agumon log scene? Aside from that, this did a good job of showing why Tai and Sora never seemed to pan out. Although it seemed like Matt had just as hard of a time. Them talking about asking TK, and calling Sora a pain in unison was fairly amusing though, lol.

When they showed the opening segment at the beginning of this movie. I thought it was odd that the Four Dark Masters were on par with the Four Sovereign Digimon. However, Machinedramon seems a hell of a lot more intimidating than he did in the original series. I guess they were just watered down in Digimon Season 1.

Now we finally see the relevance of Nishijima and Himekawa. Rather than being just random characters, they are actually tied to all this more deeply. Interesting indeed.

And, what a way to end this segment. Everyone is separated, with one another's Digimon, hitting points of importance from the original series. This is definitely the best movie so far.

Oh my fucking god... Dark Gennai fucking licked Sora. I don't even have words.
Moving on from that though... so it looks like Ken wasn't even a form of Ken, it was just Dark Gennai being a troll. At this point, we aren't really even sure if Dark Gennai is a corrupted version of Gennai, or just another one of his "brothers" so to speak. Probably not too much point in worrying about the semantics of it all. Either way, it looks like he has control over all the Dark Masters.

Matt and Tai's bromance is so strong in this movie. So strong that it even revived WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon.

I keep forgetting how awful the new Digivolving Sequence is. It was nice that Matt and Tai's bromance subverted the Digivolving Sequence, but I guess Sora doesn't have that kind of inner strength. Watching all that really seemed to make the reveal of Hououmon way less intense.

Ah shit, Seraphimon wasn't expected. Still, again, showing all the steps is a little sad. It seems like this movie is just trying to fill the last few minutes because they didn't know what else they wanted to do... a little disappointing. Wasn't this the point of Warp Digivolving to begin with? @_@

So the only one we haven't seen in Tri yet is Magnadramon.

Wow, wasn't expecting them to pull a cliffhanger... oh well. Overall, I still think this may be the best movie so far. It had a lot of really great moments. Now if we could only get the other two movies to just go ahead and come out simultaneously.

@pkmnmaster88 should maybe move this thread from Upcoming.

If you looked up "Abrupt" in a dictionary, the definition would read, "Digimon Adventure tri. Movie 4: Loss, or Digimon Adventure tri. Movie 4: Shoushitsu. See ending."

Oh my fucking god... Dark Gennai fucking licked Sora. I don't even have words.
Moving on from that though...

Please enlighten me how one can move on from that. Also, how is Sora unfazed afterwards? It's almost like she's used to getting licked by old-men-who reverted-to-their-younger-selves-but-it's actually-not-them-at-all. Inb4 it's Numemon. All of these years they've been plotting. They shall have their revenge at long last.

My favorite part of the movie was probably when he got slapped by a fish though.

4/5 Would watch the rapey dude get slapped by a fish again

I was expecting an awesome adventure in the digital world and got a 3 episodes of picknicking and a Reki Kawahara villain.

Thanks Toei

Back