Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2

Episode 1:
A decent start and it takes a while to get going. Much of the episode is exposition, detailing the current world state and the after-effects of Tekkadan's victory over Gjallarhorn. Tekkadan is really thriving now. They're filthy stinking rich, they're rubbing elbows with a major Earth bloc, their numbers have grown, they got branches in the Earth Sphere now and they're even developing their own mobile suits. But it's not all good. Gjallarhorn might be corrupt but they kept everyone in check with their military might, especially in the outer spheres. Now that they're weakened and licking their wounds and not to mention the major Earth blocs don't really trust them now, everyone's running lose now and are racing to acquire more arms and mobile suits. Every two-bit mercenary or pirate scum has access to mobile suits now as seen near the end of this episode. Of course there's also Fareed and he's still scheming.

It's a good setting that's full of story potential so I'm really excited.

Oh and I bet this masked dude is Gaelio:
zZYz0J6.jpg

Ep 1 off to a great start.

I was really worried this season would just introduce a new set of "super-pilots" and we'd spend the entire season with Tekkadan getting outlcassed (like most other gundams), but thankfully that ending sequence didn't seem to reveal any cast of arrogant teen pilots.

*fingers still crossed it stays that way though.

I'll happily take 26 eps of Mikazuki just mopping the floor with enemy pilots, but I have my doubts.

Episode 2:
I found Hush's backstory kinda meh. At least I get why he has such a chip in his shoulder. We also finally get to see what happens if the Alaya-Vijnana surgery didn't work out and it's certainly not pretty. I just hope Hush doesn't end up like Ein and get swallowed by whatever obsession he has.

Looks like Fareed still hasn't cut ties with Tekkadan and are still using each other but with no pretense this time. It's obviously a strained and paper-thin alliance. IBO is trying something new with its Char clone. I'd give the show that.

And speaking of Char clone, we get another glimpse of the masked guy. I still think its Gali-Gali but a friend also pointed out that there's a possibility that it might be Ein. Just as with Gali Gali, there was no confirmation of his death. If he really is Ein then he'll probably be 90 percent cyborg by now.

Looks like next episode will be full action. If that's the case I hope we'll finally get to see this new mobile suit in action. IBO S2 has some interesting new suit designs and once again it's all thanks to Ippei Gyobou. Seriously. They should have made him the main mechanical designer.

I'm kinda feeling meh about the 2 episodes we've got so far. All this setting up for greater fights and introducing new characters is taking a little long, and most aren't all that interesting...

Anyone else loving the visuals used in the ED? I was staring at my screen more than I was listening to the song :o

So far it's shaping up to be one of the better new Gundam series. 2nd season probably just needs a bit of time to get as good as the first one did. I dont mind set up episodes either, even if Hush's deal wasnt as good as I thought it might be.

Episode 3:
Aw yeah now this is more like it. After two episodes of talky-talky build-up it's finally time for some sweet, sweet mecha action and it did not disappoint. IBO's battles are visceral and brutal as ever. I really, really hope they won't introduce beam weaponry or beam sabers in the second season because they're just too clean and fancy. One of IBO's more stand-out unique features are its downright barbaric melee-oriented battles. Nothing stylish. Just an all-out desperate smashfest of a fight. I hope the second season stays beam-free until the end.

Also, I fucking called it. Masked Dude is Gaelio.

Ep 3 was cool and all, but there were some frames of Barbatos's fight that looked really bad. Still a great ep though

Episode 4:
Jesus. Last time we had a straight-up execution like this was episode 3 of S1 and once again we see Mikazuki's terrifying blind adherence to whacking any mook Orga wants dead. It was more fitting this time too because Orga is a legit "mob boss" now thanks to his Teiwaz connection and Tekkadan's rising reputation.

Also, I love the idea of Hush training under Mikazuki. I think it's a neat idea. Much better than him suddenly becoming an enemy just to surpass him or something. I like how he straight-up admitted he wants to beat him but still recognizes him as the group's best pilot.

Oh and looks like we're getting new Gundam Frames. Oh yeah. More Gunpla to sell.

Episode 4
Mikazuk is straight up hard. Orga's assassin when it needs doing. Plus those pirates I think bit off way more then they can chew, mobile suits were getting owned by the Tekkadan (Mostly Mikazuk) but still. It'll be interesting to see how the plot with McGillis continues.

Episode 5:
There was no action but this episode was pretty tense anyway. Backstabbing and scheming aplenty and not to mention a threat of war and smack-dabbed in the middle of it is poor Takaki. It'll be a while before Mikazuki and crew will arrive so he better step it up. Also, looks like the fat Gusion mass-production type will make its debut next episode.

Ep 5 was pretty great without even showing any action... definitely hyped for when shit will go down

Episode 6:
Oh man so many death flags near the end. Either Takaki or Aston will die next week. Probably Takaki will and Aston has no choice but to deliver the bad news to imouto. Worst case both of them will buy the farm together and imouto will be all alone.

The guerrilla combat here gave me some cool 8th MS Team vibes which was awesome. Also, I really dig the Land Rodis but not enough for a Gunpla purchase. The Hugo, on the other hand, I will be getting.

Episode 6
I have a feeling Takai will buy it, and Aston will see through the " Captain's " act. He may die as well, but maybe it'll be taking Gailan with him or something. However a lot of the youngbloods bought it like Lux. Arbau needs to get its stuff together, totally outclassed.

Episode 7:
Well Aston buys it and it's very reminiscent of Masahiro's death including the whole Human Debris speech. I dunno what to feel about that to be honest. Well at least Tekkadan managed to get some serious payback and it sure was satisfying to see both Galan and Radice get their much-deserve comeuppance. I was surprised to see Takaki himself execute Radice. It really got obvious when everyone is like, "Nah Takaki is too gentle he wouldn't do it yadda yadda."

Also, the Land Rodis are pretty nimble for a bunch of fatso mobile suits. It was hilarious to see them jumping on trees and doing fancy knife moves.

Episode 7

Goddamn! What are they?

Angry. They're angry.

Episode 7:
Well Aston buys it and it's very reminiscent of Masahiro's death including the whole Human Debris speech. I dunno what to feel about that to be honest. Well at least Tekkadan managed to get some serious payback and it sure was satisfying to see both Galan and Radice get their much-deserve comeuppance. I was surprised to see Takaki himself execute Radice. It really got obvious when everyone is like, "Nah Takaki is too gentle he wouldn't do it yadda yadda."

Yeah, the death flags actually being used wasn't unexpected, but Takaki being the one to kill Radice was quite refreshing. And those scissors to kill Galan were brutal as hell.

The most pitiful thing about Aston's death is that McGillis was actually trying to talk it out at that point...

I'm curious to see the impact on Takaki's character in further episodes now

This episode also gave a friendly reminder of just how HUGE those Mobile Suits are. The pickaxe tumbling past the tractor and all the destroyed buildings showed that really well

Episode 8:
As expected, after two straight action-packed episodes things slow down for a bit. But for such a slow episode there's a lot of development happening. Characters making big decisions that have uncertain futures.

Makanai offering Kudelia his job but deciding to finish first what she started at Mars.

McGillis offering Tekkadan to become kings of Mars once he cleans up Gjallarhorn. Something the boys wouldn't even bother dreaming during their CGS days. Whatever Orga's decision is, it'll surely affect the group.

And of course, Takaki leaving Tekkadan. I can't blame the guy. He nearly died back in season one and the SAU/ABRAU conflict took a massive toll on him. It's a respectable decision and choosing a simple life with his sister over the grand ambition McGillis is offering Tekkadan is very understandable.

Also, Lafter X Akihiro is a thing now lol.

Oh and did Gaelio just implied Ein is still alive somehow or he just kept his remains or something?

Anyway, this is a solid and very interesting episode.

Episode 8:
As expected, after two straight action-packed episodes things slow down for a bit. But for such a slow episode there's a lot of development happening. Characters making big decisions that have uncertain futures.

Makanai offering Kudelia his job but deciding to finish first what she started at Mars.

McGillis offering Tekkadan to become kings of Mars once he cleans up Gjallarhorn. Something the boys wouldn't even bother dreaming during their CGS days. Whatever Orga's decision is, it'll surely affect the group.

And of course, Takaki leaving Tekkadan. I can't blame the guy. He nearly died back in season one and the SAU/ABRAU conflict took a massive toll on him. It's a respectable decision and choosing a simple life with his sister over the grand ambition McGillis is offering Tekkadan is very understandable.

Also, Lafter X Akihiro is a thing now lol.

Oh and did Gaelio just implied Ein is still alive somehow or he just kept his remains or something?

Anyway, this is a solid and very interesting episode.
well, there's nothing much I can add to this. I liked how we got so many different perspectives in one episode, it gives us a bit of insight in the thoughts of the characters

Episode 8
Feels for and from Takaki. Also that scene towards the end where they told him not to worry about Tekkaden anymore was pretty good to. It'll be interesting I think to see what role they play later on, and how it affects the battle weary vets and the new blood at the same time. As well as their relationship with Teiwaz.

Back