Daily Anime Thoughts

DAT:

Jolyne strutting that best girl status:

qceghhm.png

Never really watched much Jojo…wish I could join in the hype

No time like the present to start. Most of the parts of JoJo are relatively stand alone anyway so even if you just want to start with part 5 to join in on the fun you will be okay. All you really have to know is Jolyne's father was a previous JoJo protagonist.

PS Florida is the perfect setting for a season of JoJo.

Never really watched much Jojo…wish I could join in the hype
You have plenty of time, the ongoing arc of the anime will probably last for around 36-39 episodes.

Part 6 isn't as standalone as some of the arcs and it benefits the most from understanding the background context given it's place in the series so, generally speaking, I would caution against skipping ahead.

To date, all I know of Jojo is what has floated across my various social media for the last five years and really, I enjoy everyone's screenshots and memes completely devoid of context. Does it make any more sense in context? I don't see how, but I'm not gonna risk actually watching and finding out.

DAT:

I wonder if it's just me that feels like Jojo has just gotten even more brutal and savage than usual after Part 4. I mean Jojo has always been quite a violent series, but Golden Wind genuinely made me wince really hard.
TBH it's always been very brutal but parts 5 and 6 do take it to an extreme more often due to their settings.

I feel like people forget how part 4 had that flesh melting rat though.

I watch Jojo subbed, but I'm still incredibly happy for Kira Buckland getting cast as Jolyne for the dub. She was a Jojo stan since before the anime in 2012 and her favorite character's been Jolyne, even cosplaying as her before.

She started voicing parodies for Newgrounds when she was a teenager if any of you recognize these:

It's neat to see someone from back in the day start from the bottom and rise like this to get their ultimate dream role. It's more wholesome too when you learn that Jolyne's seiyuu also had a similar story in idolizing Jolyne as a kid. Gunning to start Stone Ocean soon!

DAT:

Sorry, I'm spamming Jojo thoughts in this thread. I'm too obsessed right now in my Jojo fever.

I think Jolyne probably has my favourite stand ability I've seen so far for a main character. After part 4 it seemed like they focused less on power kind of abilities. It's a nice refreshing change of pace from stands like Star Platinum and Crazy Diamond. It's such a simple more grounded stand that isn't some super crazy shit but just string and it's used in really creative ways. Plus Stone Free's got a dank set of shades, how can one not love that.

......this wait for new episodes is going to be so painful lol

Last edited:
Back