Latest Thought 2: 2 Thought 2 Furious

What is the best pizza topping?

• Total voters
When it's freshly cut free from your flesh because your genetics decided you should always be at risk of ingrown toenails, but you managed to not make it bleed this time.
Yes. Although I’ve only ever experienced ingrown nails once and it got infected and it was disgusting

That sounds more like bad milk than lactose intolerance- take it from someone who was born it

Hmm, we opened the milk yesterday and my gf had more of it than I did, expiration date is still some time away. I also had a yoghurt that night so maybe that's the actual culprit? In any case I'll get it checked just to make sure.

Sorry to hear that Nitro.
I find that it's just best to put people on ignore in those cases where they get really extreme. It's nice to not get a notification that someone made some kind of rage filled response to me (or some other kind of really dumb response) over a post that doesn't even directly involve them for the billionth time among other things. I have better things to do than to waste my time and energy on people like that, I've certainly gotten explosive in the past but I just don't really have as much energy for that anymore. I agree with Schizm that there's just better things to bitch about.

Also unconsiousness from diarrhea sounds fucking brutal, glad you're okay!

It was definitely a pain rollercoaster but the worst part was the dizziness and excessive sweating while desperately holding on to the toilet seat. I felt like Harry in Dumb and Dumber :D Thanks.

That's better than risking an outburst tbh. I never used the Ignore function myself but if someone would piss me off enough and I knew I couldn't get along with him/her for the life of me it would definitely be the preferable option to just feeding my anger until I burst. I'm certainly not perfect in that regard either but at the end of the day politics and beliefs and whatnot is the last thing that interests me about you guys anyway so most of the time I'm cool with people.

Personally I’ve just used the time indoors to educate myself on some topics (especially with regarding civil/human rights and politics - which are not the same even if people try to politicise human rights... anyway) and I just find it hard NOT to chime in. Especially if I’m arguing against views that deny human rights.

Yeah, I think it's pretty fine if you do get annoyed by random people on the internet, we are only human beings after all. I think having a discussion can at least be interesting and hearing someone else's perspective. I often don't chime in because I'm just way too lazy.

The problem is most people aren't interested in listening to the other side. All that happens is the "others" get branded with accusations and names until they get defensive wanting to put up a fight to protect their own honor or whatever. Racist, bigot, ect... and implications thereof. These aren't things you call people you're interested in having a conversation with.

I don't see the point in "discussions" like that. And I know that here, there are plenty of the kinds of people who make such personal attacks.

Therefore, politics on AP is a pointless debacle.

I've become very reluctant to voice any opinions on here that don't have to do with entertainment tbh. I'm more of a middle guy when it comes to these discussions but I've learned that neutrality isn't something you can afford anymore with everyone going crazy over the slightest things these days and political climate.

I also agree with @Akishima in how these discussions with strangers on the internet are mostly pointless. Beyond interaction on the forum most of us really don't know each other and it always annoys me when people here are being reduced to one statement they made that doesn't align with other views, no matter what side they take or how passionately they bring their point across. People just aren't that two-dimensional and there's so many real idiots out there we could be bitching about instead.

I find that it's just best to put people on ignore in those cases where they get really extreme. It's nice to not get a notification that someone made some kind of rage filled response to me (or some other kind of really dumb response) over a post that doesn't even directly involve them for the billionth time among other things. I have better things to do than to waste my time and energy on people like that, I've certainly gotten explosive in the past but I just don't really have as much energy for that anymore. I agree with Schizm that there's just better things to bitch about.

It's posts like these with their varying opinions but all reasonable and in good humor that remind me what can be great about a good discussion. It's just that these important issues can be so polarizing, and it makes me sad to see people who can otherwise have amicable discussions about other topics wind up in a heated battle of ideals. Also, I don't necessarily agree with some of the prevailing opinions, so jumping in to the discussion feels like I'm just setting myself up for an argument. I'm perfectly happy to talk about anime and leave the real-world troubles in the real world.

Sorry to hear that Nitro.

It was definitely more
Of an issue when I was a baby - I couldn’t breast feed and the milk they gave my parents contained lactose so I’d just projectile vomit it back up. Mum said it was like something out of the exorcist as it would travel 6 feet at times.

It's posts like these with their varying opinions but all reasonable and in good humor that remind me what can be great about a good discussion. It's just that these important issues can be so polarizing, and it makes me sad to see people who can otherwise have amicable discussions about other topics wind up in a heated battle of ideals. Also, I don't necessarily agree with some of the prevailing opinions, so jumping in to the discussion feels like I'm just setting myself up for an argument. I'm perfectly happy to talk about anime and leave the real-world troubles in the real world.
Of course discussion can be great, and humorous.
Most of us here can accept different perspectives on most things, even in politics, if well reasoned. Personally, I draw the line at human rights though because rights are lives, but I digress.
As a community we’re pretty small, tight knit and closed off to the world and so to be able to not discuss polarising topics is privileged. They don’t actually affect most of us day to day and so they’re easy to just slide under the table. I’m not saying this is a bad thing btw I’m just pointing out how not everyone can do so (and why the biggest arguments I have are about things that have affected me).

lt: "oh wow someone liked this random post i made in 2011 in a random specific anime thread for a show I forgot even existed....I should rewatch it"

It was definitely more
Of an issue when I was a baby - I couldn’t breast feed and the milk they gave my parents contained lactose so I’d just projectile vomit it back up. Mum said it was like something out of the exorcist as it would travel 6 feet at times.

Of course discussion can be great, and humorous.
Most of us here can accept different perspectives on most things, even in politics, if well reasoned. Personally, I draw the line at human rights though because rights are lives, but I digress.
As a community we’re pretty small, tight knit and closed off to the world and so to be able to not discuss polarising topics is privileged. They don’t actually affect most of us day to day and so they’re easy to just slide under the table. I’m not saying this is a bad thing btw I’m just pointing out how not everyone can do so (and why the biggest arguments I have are about things that have affected me).

I have a very active imagination so sorry for laughing at that image.

Not expecting a medal for this ofc but given what surroundings I grew up in it's actually quite amazing how humanist I turned out. People in my remote village just don't give a shit about anything that's going on in the world unless it affects them directly so mostly local politics and there's still somewhat of an old reactionary 1950s mentality going on in some parts of it (not in a nazi way but in an "us against them" kinda way). I'm quite thankful for having lived in Hamburg for nearly 10 years because that's where I met a lot more like-minded people my age and was able to learn more about myself and my beliefs too.

Just wanted to say that while I haven't experienced most of these things and am privileged in that way I still care a lot about them, just don't necessarily feel I have the "right" to chime in on these topics as often unless it's mere solidarity standing with the oppressed.

Last edited:
I have a very active imagination so sorry for laughing at that image.
I forgive ya
Not expecting a medal for this ofc but given what surroundings I grew up in it's actually quite amazing how humanist I turned out. People in my remote village just don't give a shit about anything that's going on in the world unless it affects them directly so mostly local politics and there's still somewhat of an old reactionary 1950s mentality going on in some parts of it (not in a nazi way but in an "us against them" kinda way). I'm quite thankful for having lived in Hamburg for nearly 10 years because that's where I met a lot more like-minded people my age and was able to learn more about myself and my beliefs too.

Just wanted to say that while I haven't experienced most of these things and am privileged in that way I still care a lot about them, just don't necessarily feel I have the "right" to chime in on these topics as often unless it's mere solidarity standing with the oppressed.
Yeah I mean that’s fair enough, as long as you’re willing to stand up when it counts.

I forgive ya
Yeah I mean that’s fair enough, as long as you’re willing to stand up when it counts.

Actions speak louder than words so yeah, pretty much what I meant.

LT: Burgers without salad or cucumber sclices are sad because I just ate one of those. Damn you, end of the month.

LT: Sales calls in the Before Times were hell. Sales calls in the middle of a pandemic are just black comedy. Half my customers are so broke they're about to starve to death and the other half are ready to drop absolutely stupid amounts of money on new mortgage apps. It's like A Tale of Two Cities every time I pick up the phone.

LT: First day of work after 4 months of inactivity and I wasn't ready to be back to retail at all (at least people wear masks when getting in the shop, even though most of them forget to put hand sanitizer as soon as they get in)

LT: ordering from Etsy is awesome because I get to support individual people and their small businesses & companies, versus supporting giant corporations that may not have ethical practices but im almost foaming out the mouth im so excited for my things but I gotta wait regular human time for things and boy does that humble me

Sometimes I think about how, given the age of the Earth, if aliens had visited it's more probable that Earth would've looked like this:

Or possibly this:
c8f6bbccb821449e6bd107aee33a8961.jpg

Rather than anything with what we know as modern humans.
If aliens found this planet, I imagine it would go more like this:
GdRn1L.gif

LT: I might have developed lactose-intolerance. I drank a glass of milk yesterday and the resulting stomach pain and diarrhea were so brutal I fell off the toilet and was unconscious for 10 seconds. Still feel like shit after waking up but at least the pain's mostly gone now.
What you need...
Toilet-Seats-Supports-cat-01.jpg

...is a toilet seatbelt.

LT

just when I thought Phil Lord & Christopher Miller couldn't be any more cool, I went back and watched their clone high series. I'm about halfway through it, and my god, this is some of the funniest stuff i've ever seen. It's just brainless fun but it's quality entertainment.

such a shame it was cancelled. But at least there's a reboot on the way

LT: My maternal grandmother finally died. At this point it's practically a relief, but that's a lot of emotional tension bursting in the family, and it's like closing the chapter on an entire generation since she was an only child, which is rare for someone born in a rural area in the 30s.
Due to odd circumstances I'm not personally all that impacted, as I kind of made my peace when she almost died of something else almost five years ago. Her surviving that time never caused that mental peace to release.
But now it does break my heart how others in my family are affected. Especially her boyfriend of 11 years.

LT: My maternal grandmother finally died. At this point it's practically a relief, but that's a lot of emotional tension bursting in the family, and it's like closing the chapter on an entire generation since she was an only child, which is rare for someone born in a rural area in the 30s.
Due to odd circumstances I'm not personally all that impacted, as I kind of made my peace when she almost died of something else almost five years ago. Her surviving that time never caused that mental peace to release.
But now it does break my heart how others in my family are affected. Especially her boyfriend of 11 years.

I still have no idea what I'm even going to feel at this point to be honest when my grandmother with severe dementia passes. The fact she now barely even understands or registers a single word I'm saying hurts so much, I can barely sleep at night sometimes without thinking about this. It's not like she's deaf either, her brain just has a hard time processing anything anymore.

So yeah, slowly degenerating mental disease can go fuck itself. Much peace and love goes out your family though.

Back