Anime-Planet Secret Santa 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
No need to apologize, I'm pretty picky with genres too so I know there isn't much point in recommending something you might not have any interest in. I had originally picked up completely different titles none of which were available on Crunchyroll then I saw that you had given Higurashi a good rating so I decided take a gamble with horror/mystery recs instead. Glad you liked them ^_^

Out of interest, what were your original picks?

Here's my review of Higurashi.

Unfortunately, I've been rather busy and did not plan my time out well, so I don't think I'll be able to review A Place Farther than the Universe in time. That said, I might still review it later just for fun. Right now I have to try to finish my lotto picks, so they take priority (though I'm not sure if I can even finish them in time).

Last edited:
@SkyOnAnime Sorry I didn't do a good job of your picks! I had... other things that were taking up all my time/energy so I didn't manage to get around to reading much of each lol.

I attempted to review what I read of Dengeki Daisy. Blame Banana Fish for zapping away all my energy.

No problem. I haven't read any manga, like, at all, so I had no idea what to rec. I haven't even finished Dengeki Daisy myself, even though I really liked it. But I'm glad you enjoyed what you read of it.

Sure. But it's upsetting when you don't get anything at all. A simple "I got my picks and I'm watching them" would do.

A "My RAT BASTARD Secret Santa sent me these picks:

A: SHIT PICK
B: SHITTIER PICK
C: SHITTIERER PICK
D: Something that got high ratings but is probably shit because they picked it

And just wanted to say thanks FOR THE SHIT and I'll get to watching them as soon as possible. But I guess it's that rat bastard "Insert name that isn't @ZetsubouKaiji because he would pick hipster shit or something and this is the obligatory dig at him for a post such as this" who picked it for me so nuts to him but if it was someone else, thanks." would be better than nothing.

TFW it's the 3rd of November and still no new thread

giphy.gif

I think a perma ban on @randomredneck might be a bit harsh. I'd argue in the spirit of Christmas to let him back in this year. If he misbehaves then a perma ban after that is fine. Over the last couple of years I think he's shown that he's no longer willing to start fights or drag them out or be overly rude.
I agree. As long he behaves I think he should be allowed to join the fun with everyone else.

I'm not even sure if this is happening this year, chii is usually the one that runs anime secret santa and I haven't seen her around really in ages.

I'm not even sure if this is happening this year, chii is usually the one that runs anime secret santa and I haven't seen her around really in ages.
We'll make it happen. SS is a staple of AP community-building. I volunteer to run it if need-be. But I assume one of the other mods will be doing it.

It better be happening. Secret Santa brought me to the forum in the first place. I eagerly wait for it every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back