Daily Anime Thoughts

There has been an actual slippery slope for sure. This level of outright pedophilia apologia was never as openly prevalent in the wider anime/manga community until recent years. I can't even imagine all this stuff being so openly held back in like 2010 or before.
--------------------------------------------------------------

DAT: We need more anime about moms. There's plenty about dads or dad figures, so we need more with mothers or mother figures. Too many are just random nobodies, or some sacrificial pawn to motivate the MC early on in the story. And I mean as mothers, not targets of incest fantasies unlike certain series I could name. Have it be with demons, superpowers or whatever. We need more with actual mothers as the front and center of the story.
and dads.

We need more good anime dads. All shounen dads suck. As much as clannad had its downsides I always loved the bit with the MC's dad. What if we got one with an alive mom AND a not deadbeat dad? Like imagine isaac and Maria from baccano with a kid.

And then we can finally finish Black Lagoon.

No need to hurry for that one. The show was best in the first season when it was 80s action trash. When it started to get more plot it didn't do so well. Also, Roberta's Blood Trail was a waste of time except for this gif.

a9RJCKa.gif

No need to hurry for that one. The show was best in the first season when it was 80s action trash. When it started to get more plot it didn't do so well. Also, Roberta's Blood Trail was a waste of time except for this gif.
I think the second season is the best one because of the Hansel and Gretel arc. It gets into its full nihilistic pants on head drunken mode prime there, and then it's downhill again with too much undercooked faction play and a crappy adaptation of a manga arc that wasn't that good to begin with.

I think the second season is the best one because of the Hansel and Gretel arc. It gets into its full nihilistic pants on head drunken mode prime there, and then it's downhill again with too much undercooked faction play and a crappy adaptation of a manga arc that wasn't that good to begin with.

I really don't like the part basically where revy speaks a bunch of engrish. That part was weak af.

DAT: The amount of anime I'm not watching this season makes me sad. I blame the slim pickings- I'm not really excited about any of the airing shows and am just watching them out of habit, more or less. Maybe I need to take a break and start working on the pile of manga I keep buying but never read.

DAT: The amount of anime I'm not watching this season makes me sad. I blame the slim pickings- I'm not really excited about any of the airing shows and am just watching them out of habit, more or less. Maybe I need to take a break and start working on the pile of manga I keep buying but never read.
Slim seasons is just time to pick up the old slack. The anime community probably wouldn't function properly without it.

DAT: Re: lolicons: I'm all for people being able to do what they want to with fiction, but man... those who are attracted to fictional kids are creeps. They're most likely not hurting real children (and good lord I hope they never do) but it's still not a good thing to be into :(.

I mean, yeah, draw what you want, just don't make others see it. I'm tired of shotacon being everywhere in BL, and I'm sure lolicon is even worse. I'm not defending either of them, FWIW.

Then again, you have people who think you can't sexualise characters who are 16 (and who are sexualised in the canon material) and they go and call that pedophilia despite it being... not nearly as bad because 16-year-olds can actually consent in most cases, unlike someone who's, say, under 14. Even 15's pushing it.

Not that I want to sexualise 16 year old characters all the time, but I don't like people who act as though a 16-year-old in a consensual relationship is pedophilia. That implies a lot of things and uh. I don't agree with it at all.

EDIT: To clarify, I think fiction shouldn't really be censored in any way. That said, I'm still gonna judge the shit out of what people create and if they create things featuring sexualised children I'm gonna think they're gross. Also, people need to keep things within certain communities and tag/hide pretty much any NSFW content properly, no matter how vanilla it is, just in case someone underage stumbles across it not knowing what it is. I don't want to ban NSFW content, but I'm of the mindset that if you want to see it you should have to actively seek it out and consent to looking at it or whatever.

Last edited:
DAT:

Man, it has been a trip rewatching Universal Century era Gundam after nearly 12-15 years. After experiencing so much life. Pain. Love. Life... and death. More.

It's like I'm watching these shows for the first time. No, not just watching this time... experiencing them.

Back