looking for a romance manga/anime featuring an intellectual couple

ArielleBlack

I have searched all over, and I can't find a romance staring two nerds. I don't care if the couple is homo or hetero, all i'm looking for are two smart/studious characters falling in love.

Ngl, my first thought was Death Note XD
But on a serious note, it's a bit of a hard one; usually writers design pairs to contrast in certain ways, so it's unusual for both parties to be very smart, or anything else really, because they're supposed to balance each other. I'd recommend adult romances for couples already in a professional working environment, perhaps an office romance like WDTFS, but I don't think it has much bearing on the story. I can suggest a few below, but I can't think of a couple I'd go as far as to describe as "nerdy" on both sides, aside from Wotakoi - but that's because they're otaku, not because they're smart. Maybe Steins;Gate (scientists) or Kaguya-sama: Love is War (Student council, so top of the school)?
Spice and Wolf (Canny af merchants)
The Devil is a Handsome Man (I mean they're kinda running the country)
Masamune-kun's Revenge (Haven't read it, but pretty sure they're both smart, right?)
Maria-sama ga Miteru (Again with the student council, although honestly Yumi seems pretty dumb)
Bakuman (romance isn't the focus, but they both work super hard to achieve their goals)
I'm a Villainous Daughter, So I'm Going to Keep the Last Boss (Just your average noble plotter)

Back