How do I use this section?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sothis

Forum Moderator
Anime-Planet Founder
Developer
This forum should be used for bugs, feature requests, feedback, and questions about the site.

Update: Please be sure to also read https://www.anime-planet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23849 if reporting a website bug.

Please use the following labels:

[REQUEST] - Feature request for something that does not exist

[FEEDBACK] - DO NOT USE - site staff will use this label when feedback is needed about a site feature. Please read each of these threads and respond ASAP.

[BUG] - A bug (problem) you've found in the site

[QUESTION] - A question you have about the site (features, etc)

Please make the thread subjects as descriptive as possible.

Examples:
Anirec - Change AniDB links
Forum - Add subsection for Asian Dramas
Users - Stalled dropdown lists incorrect text

The following information is required for a bug report:
1. Browser (name and version. ex: Firefox 2.0, IE 6, etc)
2. OS (ex: Windows XP, Mac OS X)
3. Exact steps you took to hit the bug (ex: 'Loaded up [this url], clicked [this link], [this happened])

When threads are addressed/completed, they will be marked by the site staff with:

Feature Requests:
--------------------
[DENIED] - Site staff do not plan on implementing the feature

[COMPLETE] - Feature request is complete

Bugs
--------------------
[FIXED] - Bug is fixed

[NO REPRO] - site staff could not reproduce the bug

[BY DESIGN] - this is not a bug - it is by design

[WON'T FIX] - site staff will not fix this bug; the reason will be listed in the thread

Questions
--------------------
[ANSWERED] - Used for questions

All:
--------------------

[TO DO] - Request/bug will be fixed in the future

[DUPE] - Duplicate thread

Last edited by a moderator:
updated to include required information for bug reports

Hello sothis,

It seems that the above link is broken.
I always get a 404 error when I try to reach it.

I also want suggest you to add a link to Simon Tatham's great article titled How to Report Bugs Effectively.
Even if it was written in 1999 it is still up to date and very useful to help people understand how to report a bug.

This other article may also be useful to some extent : How To Ask Questions The Smart Way by Eric S. Raymond and Rick Moen.

Regards,
M

hi,
i..m..new.
can..i..create..a.forum..named..
[Spoilers] plot-holes, mistakes, logic-flaws in death note, why it was boring, overrated,..why i dropped it. *spoilers*
it..would..have..spoilers..of..course...thanks.

specific..anime..discussion..that..includes..spoilers.

women's..thread:..stuff..women..wanna..discuss..with..other..women.
we..ask..questions..and..give..advice..on..women's..stuff
like..a..women's..magazine.

what..is..a..custom..list.thx.

hi,
i..m..new.
can..i..create..a.forum..named..
[Spoilers] plot-holes, mistakes, logic-flaws in death note, why it was boring, overrated,..why i dropped it. *spoilers*
it..would..have..spoilers..of..course...thanks.

Hi and welcome to the forum. :drinking:

For a post about Death Note you'd want to put that in the Death Note thread in specific anime discussion. The thread can is here: https://www.anime-planet.com/forum/threads/death-note.11989/

If you want to post about any anime then you should go that anime's site page and click discuss in the forum. Anything currently airing will definitely have a thread. If it's something that's already aired, then the most popular shows will have threads, but for more obscure show a thread might need to be created. If you find something that doesn't have a thread then you can post here to https://www.anime-planet.com/forum/threads/anime-thread-requests.323211/#post-1894517 and a moderator will make a thread for it.

women's..thread:..stuff..women..wanna..discuss..with..other..women.
we..ask..questions..and..give..advice..on..women's..stuff
like..a..women's..magazine.

This is something you can create yourself in General discussion. Just got to general discussion, then go to the bottom of the page and click post a new thread.

what..is..a..custom..list.thx.

Custom lists are lists you can make about anime and characters on the site. You can make a list for just about any topic you want. You can write reasons for why each entry is included.

Hopefully that answers your questions.

are simple listing forums allowed? thx.

I'm not sure what you mean by listing forums. If you mean you want to make a list type of thread, then it's probably better to make a custom list for that different anime or character lists. The problem is list threads don't encourage conversation.

I'm not sure what you mean by listing forums. If you mean you want to make a list type of thread, then it's probably better to make a custom list for that different anime or character lists. The problem is list threads don't encourage conversation.
simple listing.
For eg. post funny anime memes, anime quotes, things you like/hate/dislike about anime, etc.

Also, Can I make a forum called-
questions we want to ask the opposite sex-
do u ever have questions about the opposite sex u wish u could just ask them but u can't really/ easily ask in real life. Post questions and people of the opposite sex will answer and vice versa.

This will lead to genuine discussion, will be interesting and fun and will even help out a lot of people.

can u tell me the usernames of all female mods on ap. i'd like to invite them to the women's thread. also, i want to invite all female users on ap to women's thread. is there a way to do that? thx.

how many members does this this site have?

i want to make a discussion forum on a sensitive subject. it is sensitive but i don't intend to offend/hurt people's feelings. i mean to have an objective, honest discussion. the title of the forum shall be
''Are anime and manga as media/genre of entertainment, art and story telling, good/bad/excellent/mediocre?''

and a poll if that is possible.

could u give your advice and feedback on this subject.

also, are we allowed to make clubs/ blogs on AP. if we r i will make these topics as blog posts or club forums. thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
can u tell me the usernames of all female mods on ap. i'd like to invite them to the women's thread. also, i want to invite all female users on ap to women's thread. is there a way to do that? thx.

how many members does this this site have?

We do not give out personal information about users, or moderators, period. Staff are also not going to share data with you about site users, let alone about the other moderators, without their permission.

I am strongly starting to believe your account is either a bot, or is here to harvest data/market something, given your site account is essentially blank and there's a lot of very weird stuff being posted in the forum. I find it highly suspect that you've asked several mods as well as publicly asked for the staff to share personal information with you about the entire site userbase.

If you'd like to discuss period memes, questions about the opposite sex, etc, places like Reddit or general forums will be better. This is a casual anime site/forum.

Image threads are not allowed, and clubs/blogs are no longer active site features.

[REQUEST] Please correct the signature for the manga- life on manga on anime- planet.

I created signature and I use signature for manga, but it shows my "life on anime "in the created signature, I want to have an option for "life on manga" in created signature if I am creating a signature for manga.
Thanks .

[REQUEST] Please correct the signature for the manga- life on manga on anime- planet.

I created signature and I use signature for manga, but it shows my "life on anime "in the created signature, I want to have an option for "life on manga" in created signature if I am creating a signature for manga.
Thanks .

You need to create a new thread, this is just the thread with instructions and isn't monitored by developers.

You need to create a new thread, this is just the thread with instructions and isn't monitored by developers.

How Do I create a new thread for this feature ? I am sorry but this site/form is very much complex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back