Isshuukan Friends.

That synopsis sounds so sad...

AEOaqlt.png

Looking forward for this one.Haven't read the manga but reading the synopsis and watching the pvs,it seems like it'll be really sweet and pull on my feels.The voices sound fitting and the scenery isn't bad at all.Not sure if my heart is ready for this but bring it on.

Episode 01
I liked it!
... a lot
It's quite what i was hoping for, i have had high hopes since the day i read this series description but never really knew what to expect, but i wasn't let down either way by result.

First off, animation is nice, i like the art style used, i know it wont appeal to everyone here as it seems it's one of them which don't usually strike home with people but i like it either way. Anyway onto what matters, first off, i could state just how many "awww" moments i felt this had but what's the need... there are too many in short. I found it quite cute and adorable actually, plot wise im holding high, despite it is generating that slow paced laid back feel most slice of life normally do i think the storyline of her 1 week memory span is quite nice and i think will prove to be interesting for sure, the series was described as this guy who makes friends with her week after week so i imagine this could go to some good places if it wanted to.

characters are likeable, the main guy seeking attention with his sighs was quite amusing but that aside i liked his persistence, there is nothing to special about him but i think this is one exception i think that very trait will be welcome in him. I like what's her name (we starting to see my memory sucks when it comes to names...) with the lacking of memory, she looks just like the character i will love to follow, that kind of character who just makes us feel sorry for her, i guess her cold exterior is to help repel people but im liking her true self a lot more anyway, it was so adorable watching her crepe conversation :)

So for me this will hopefully be one of the betters this season. I liked the first episode a real lot and i think it has some good potential. Not sure what others on this site will make of it but for me it was a very enjoyable episode for sure.
So though i wasn't sure what to expect i had high hopes and im hoping it wont let me down, did seem to have a good start which is promising.

Episode 1:

This was a cute, sweet and just about flawless first episode.

I loved this episode to bits. Tents kept saying she was melting for the whole episode and I can't blame her for that. The episode was quite funny as well, with Fujimiya lightly dashing Hase's hopes every time he got to close. Just the little bit of time they got together this episode was full of heartwarming moments. I can wait to see how this develops from here.

For me the best part of the episode is it doesn't end on a down note. Instead of ending where she forgets everything, it ends in a hopeful place, where Hase is determined to spend time with her once again. It makes for a very heartwarming ending that makes me feel optimistic for their future. It'll be a tough road, but I am rooting for them.

I also loved the art style here. It reminds me a lot of Usagi Drop with its pastel colors and faded edges on the screen. It makes the series very striking to look at and gives it a feeling of warmth. The whole episode had a very relaxing happy feeling to it overall.

Loved it. Another sweet relaxing watch.

Episode 1

This was a pretty great introduction to the show, and I'm already falling in love with these characters. I was sold on Hase the moment that he came into class and started sighing really loudly to get his friend's attention. The characters in this actually seem pretty grounded, there's nothing overly outlandish about them, unlike what I tend to see in most romance anime that I come across, which is definitely a plus.
I'm curious to see how this show will proceed though, I feel like it's a plot that could be easily ruined, and the show could just spiral into a monotonous cycle of blah (looking at you My Little Monster). This seems pretty well written though, so I'm holding onto hope that it stays as good as this first episode.

A good first episode. Came in expecting a cute series with some "dawww" moments and wasn't dissapointed. Looking forward to more.
Episode 1

I'm curious to see how this show will proceed though, I feel like it's a plot that could be easily ruined, and the show could just spiral into a monotonous cycle of blah (looking at you My Little Monster). This seems pretty well written though, so I'm holding onto hope that it stays as good as this first episode.
My fears exactly. This right now seems to hold a promise that it will be a very enjoyable watch. I hope one wrong move won't ruin it for me.

I really don't think this can go wrong. The art style itself lends itself to a certain style of story telling. I usually don't read too much into the art style, but in this case I think it's just as important as the other parts of the show. It's just like Brad wrote, those soft lines and pastel colors give the anime a certain feeling that would be almost impossible to break. After that first episode I can't imagine this show going wrong. It's got that special it factor that Usagi Drop had.

After that first episode I can't imagine this show going wrong. It's got that special it factor that Usagi Drop had.
I was wondering how to put my thoughts about this show in words, but thats probably the best description.

Anyway, the premise which is not exactly original(ef), but so far the show looks so well made I'm not even mad.
so so so so cute. If you asked me what genre this show is, I'd say 'the my type of show'

Last edited:
I was thinking about waiting for this show to finish before starting it and trying to marathon it once I do, but I've been hearing nothing but amazing things so far. I'm tempted to join in. :love:

I was wondering how to put my thoughts about this show in words, but thats probably the best description.

Anyway, the premise which is not exactly original(ef), but so far the show looks so well made I'm not even mad.
so so so so cute. If you asked me what genre this show is, I'd say 'the my type of show'

I've only heard terrible things of that genre.

I decided to start this after all, once I realized my Sunday slot was still completely empty as far as new anime is concerned.

The first episode was pretty good. The characters are pretty realistic and the art style suits them. I can't wait for more of this! :love:

Episode 1:

I really liked everything about this episode from the art style and characters to the plot and pacing but above all the MC character design, for once it isn't the cookie cutter moe blob carrying swinging 2 balloons wherever she goes. my only concern is with the theme thou as it was done so many times before that they really have to be creative with it as no not just be just another title added to the pile.

Find me one story that you think is original and I can bet I can point to others that follow the same idea. The importance in story-telling is how you craft it and I think Ishuukan is off to a good start.

Back