Fate/stay night

I have to say that I liked
Gilgamesh
best, even though he is not an option.

Archer was my fav in the series and I can't wait till I get my hands on the movie seeing the anime series was great..the ending however almost brought a tear to my eye.

So i finished FSN, and i liked it. It gave me that warm fuzzy feeling, or kept me on the edge of my seat through most of the show. I was confused at the ending though. So I though about it... and wrote a summary of my thoughts. I thought I should share with you guys.

Fate Stay Night Saber Abstract - thedark's Blog - Anime-Planet

And for those who don't want to read that, let me post my key points.

Thought tree
Ending
Happy?
Not happy, but resolved
Saber died apart from her love, but died in peace [wants to go back to her dream]​
Reason for Emiya letting Saber go?
He loved the saber whom kept fighting
But what is she fighting for?
To save her kingdom?
No, kingdom is saved​
To save her people?
Possible, but I don't know if she really cared for them.​
Was what she really wanted at first what she really wanted in the end?
Maybe... Maybe not... She did find love though...
Is love an added bonus?
It shouldn’t be... but if its not what your looking for, then it is.​
Fighting to forgive herself​
Chose to sacrifice what he wanted for the honor of the one he loved
The ultimate sacrifice
Gave her the choice to stay or go.​

Plot
Seemed to have a great plot
But didn't develop it as much as it should
Some holes and questions are left hanging [Who is Sakura to Rin?]​
Lots of sharp "turns"
Saber, from not caring to caring in a few episodes [shower scene] (love)​

Questions
What does the title mean?
Fate, as in they were meant to be together
Stay, as in he wanted her to stay?
no...​
Night, A long enduring. Wait till dawn
fortnight?​
Does it have any meaning?​
When and how did the grail become corrupt?
It was always corrupt?
Wait... wasn't the grail destroyed last time... also?
Does that mean there will be another grail wars in 10 years?
*GASP* Does that mean Saber will come back?
No, tossed her sword away [gave away her status]
</3...​
Why does Sakura have magic?
And who is she to Rin?​
SHE KNEW SHE WAS GOING TO DIE!?!?!?​

I read in the posts that alot of the plot holes are shown in the game, so im not to concerned. But my one question that i really want answered, or at least heard out is

She knew she was going to die!??!!? the whole show, she knew? just... ugh...:@_@:
From my blog post
She remembered her past, quite vividly. She told stories through the series. Then at the end, when she returns to her time, she says she had a dream. I'm going to assume (and I think everyone else does too) that her dream was the one she had when fighting the grail wars, the memories with Emiya. I can only assume then, that she remembered being laid up against the tree before she passed out... while she was with Emiya (EP 22, there is a scene of her by the tree). But then that means.... she knew.... she knew she was going... to die. She knew she was going to die? SHE KNEW SHE WAS GOING TO DIE!!!!???!???!??!??!?! WHUUUAAAT???? ALKSJDHASDJIKJAHSDYU&@IKLJSF THIS TWISTS MY BRAIN. She could have forgiven herself, and stayed with Emiya. But nooooooo... she didn't... why?! Did she feel that strongly towards releasing her kingship away that she would sacrifice the life and potential happiness (and excitement! Can you imagine living with Illia? Never a dull moment) with Emiya? She finally learned to love, but she would never be able to exercise that verb, that emotion, that beauty. And I mean come on... Emiya even bought her the lion plush from the store... AND HE NEVER GAVE IT TO HER. *sigh*... I guess I'll never know...

Oh, and my vote is between Saber and Gilgamesh.

mmm... i don't know where to go with this. you clearly liked the anime more then me. but i'll give it a shot about your final thoughts...

Sabre originally fought in the grail wars because she felt her life was wasted, that no one's life was made better by her being king/queen. the wish she wanted more then anything else was for someone else to become king in her place, because it was her belief pretty much anyone could have done a better job.

After fighting side by side with Shiro, she was convinced that she lead a good life. That while the results were not what she wanted it was the effort and thought that counted. She was able to forgive herself for her failures, and respect her successes. In essence, her soul, was put to rest.

Without the Grail, Shiro didn't have enough magic to keep her there. and without her grief, and desire to change her fate, she no longer was tied to the grail (remember, servants are tied to the grail because they want something)

it was a happy if bittersweet ending because while she was separated from shiro, she was able to RIP content that she did her best and made a difference.

as a sidenote... apparently (according to my wife who played the game) Sakura
was the actual master of Rider, not her brother. the book her brother carried around let him command her as if he was the master. Sakura was also Rin's sister.

mmm... i don't know where to go with this. you clearly liked the anime more then me. but i'll give it a shot about your final thoughts...

Sabre originally fought in the grail wars because she felt her life was wasted, that no one's life was made better by her being king/queen. the wish she wanted more then anything else was for someone else to become king in her place, because it was her belief pretty much anyone could have done a better job.

After fighting side by side with Shiro, she was convinced that she lead a good life. That while the results were not what she wanted it was the effort and thought that counted. She was able to forgive herself for her failures, and respect her successes. In essence, her soul, was put to rest.

Without the Grail, Shiro didn't have enough magic to keep her there. and without her grief, and desire to change her fate, she no longer was tied to the grail (remember, servants are tied to the grail because they want something)

it was a happy if bittersweet ending because while she was separated from shiro, she was able to RIP content that she did her best and made a difference.

as a sidenote... apparently (according to my wife who played the game) Sakura
was the actual master of Rider, not her brother. the book her brother carried around let him command her as if he was the master. Sakura was also Rin's sister.

You should play too. It's a good game (or rather good read).

Anyways, yeah your right about Saber. That point wasn't emphasized anywhere near what it was in the game, as 1 of 3 routes were built around that story.

Also, as to Sakura...

Sakura used her command spells to bind Rider to Shinji. She was adopted into the Matou family because magic families can only have one heir inherit magical abilities (spells). Since the Matou family is also a magi family, they wanted an heir with a magical circuit (Shinji doesn't have one). Sakura has been training as a magi since she was adopted.

To be perfectly honest, the anime was ok, but far from anything close to the game, although the latter is far, far longer.

I didn't necessarily like it more than you. When things don't make sense to me, I think about them... a lot... A curse per se. But you summed up my rabble very nicely. Thanks

And something I stumbled upon,
YouTube - And so it goes (Billy Joel) - A capella multitrack
Reminded me of how Emiya felt towards Saber. Can defiantly hear Emiya thinking these lyrics.

Finally, question. Do you think I should play the game, or watch unlimited blade works first?

I didn't necessarily like it more than you. When things don't make sense to me, I think about them... a lot... A curse per se. But you summed up my rabble very nicely. Thanks

And something I stumbled upon,
YouTube - And so it goes (Billy Joel) - A capella multitrack
Reminded me of how Emiya felt towards Saber. Can defiantly hear Emiya thinking these lyrics.

Finally, question. Do you think I should play the game, or watch unlimited blade works first?

I think you should play the game first because Deen cut off several important parts of the plot. (i didn't play the game and when I saw the movie I felt confused at some moments).

Hoho, this thread hasn't been touched in almost 3 years. Time to change that with Commentary with Damias. Starting off with episode 1.

Holy shit, Saber sounds silly with her battle cry. And I don't recall them fighting outside. Weren't they in a building?

Holy shit, Sakura is acting normal. I guess years of torment, being raped by some fucked up bugs would do that to you. And dear god, she has pupils in her eyes. Fuck, that's terrifying.

Holy shit, Emiya's dead. Served you right you two timing bitch.

Holy shit, dat face. Its a face that you just want to punch with a vengeance. :megusta:
J7VQP22.png

Holy shit, when is the Grail War gonna start. All this high school and SoL fluff doesn't feel right.

Ehhh, not feeling it. I don't know why y'all praise this series. =P

Episode 3
You know, I'm beginning to feel sorry for Saber. She had to put up with 2 incompetent masters. And one of them is sexist.

And look, that guy grew his hair out. Does that mean I get to see Gilgamesh again? Dude is aight.

Last edited:
just watched Fate/Prototype

WHY THE F*** DID WE GET THIS SHIT IN PLACE OF IT??!!!

Because prototype was gonna be too edgy, with a shortage of appealing girls for h-scenes, which wasn't gonna sell on the vn market, dominated as it is, by horndog otakus. Also, although Shiro is a nub in fsn, ayaka is an annoying twat.

In other words, it would have been a mix of fsn and dies irae, with a triple upgrade in edge and downgrade in everything else, plus gender reversals.

Because prototype was gonna be too edgy, with a shortage of appealing girls for h-scenes, which wasn't gonna sell on the vn market, dominated as it is, by horndog otakus. Also, although Shiro is a nub in fsn, ayaka is an annoying twat.

In other words, it would have been a mix of fsn and dies irae, with a triple upgrade in edge and downgrade in everything else, plus gender reversals.

a downgrade from stay/night? the only good thing about stay/night is Tohsaka Rin...

i'd take edginess over the snoozefest stay/night was. Prototype seemed to have far more interesting characters and character interactions, and a more interesting plot. Of course, anything can be turned to crap if placed in the wrong hands...

then again, i haven't seen Dies Irae yet, so i don't have full insight into what it is that you're saying. i don't know how edgy is bad, what it means to be 'too edgy'. i don't think that i've really seen any edgy shows in general.

and it sucks that creators are limited by the market. this is why we need to topple capitalism. so that we don't end up having to sacrifice cool-looking characters like Saber Shirou for ones that are braindead or bland as a bowl of plain, unseasoned spaghetti. how bad could Ayaka be? (pretty bad I know, but still. at least she's cute-looking, she's got that going for her.)

Last edited:
As a former die-hard fan of Fate franchise and Type Moon, I bought this, which included outlines of all work related to their work and the spinoffs, which of course included fate/umu and fate proto. My knowledge is based off there and the fate eps I watched.

i'd take edginess over the snoozefest stay/night was. Prototype seemed to have far more interesting characters and character interactions, and a more interesting plot. Of course, anything can be turned to crap if placed in the wrong hands...
Edgy over boring... okay. The characters do have more characteristics though, you're right. A lady who was supposed to be dead who gets off by conflicting emotional pain to others, a serial killer with a screw loose who normally acts like a gentleman, a creepy killer who always smiles, a disturbing but interesting set of characters, no sarcasm.

then again, i haven't seen Dies Irae yet, so i don't have full insight into what it is that you're saying. i don't know how edgy is bad, what it means to be 'too edgy'. i don't think that i've really seen any edgy shows in general.
Good. Don't try it out. Or you will fall to the dark side. Dies Iraes is just about supernatural Nazis that kill people.

and it sucks that creators are limited by the market. this is why we need to topple capitalism. so that we don't end up having to sacrifice cool-looking characters like Saber Shirou for ones that are braindead or bland as a bowl of plain, unseasoned spaghetti.
Whoa, are we calling for a change in world order here? You sure have some beef against fate sn (-tohsaka, who is awesome btw)

how bad could Ayaka be? (pretty bad I know, but still. at least she's cute-looking, she's got that going for her.)
I thought you were gonna ask about the character who was prototype of Tohsaka instead. If you watch the video, she's shown holding a sack of intestine looking thingy, although she doesn't have twintails.
Let's just say Ayaka is a result of isekai rebirth of Shinji(from Evangelion). So , yeah, it's bad

You sure have some beef against fate sn

thing is, i hate tournaments and proxy battles and yet i got pulled into watching stay/night on the basis of how popular it was and i basically slept through the whole thing and yet i've got UBW on my 'Want to Watch' list because i want more Rin Tohsaka in my life :frustrat:

Last edited:
Back