The Helpful Fox Senko-san

Me: “Will we ever get a shota fox though?”
Boom.
2d45bfa9ac0d7288905d4f6aab5b62fa.jpg

Me: “Will we ever get a shota fox though?”
We did, and it was one of the worst things ever.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Episode 1
I'm still surprised at how short a notice this anime got made. I suppose it's not the hardest thing to animate, but still...
I really hope that Doga Kobo is one of the good studios, because I would absolutely hate the thought of not only being an overworked animator, but being an overworked animator that has to work on a story that's literally created for the explicit purpose of pandering to overworked Japanese salary workers. Even the author admits the concept came from him having exhausted fantasies about being pampered by some magical guardian when he was overworked.
This is very much a feel-good comfort series. Little to no drama here. I guess it's a good B-project for Doga Kobo considering the other series they are currently working on...

I don’t enjoy loli in general at all but at this point if one wants to come and cook and clean for me - I accept

Hated the weird tail part.
I also always find the sort of thing it did post credits a little weird.

Episode 2 was cute too, and very self-aware that it's a loli type. The humor around that joke is done well and is funny too. Although I'm much more into stories than just random cuteness, it's fun and relaxing to watch something like this every now and then.

Episode 2

Honestly, this feels too bare bones for me. I'm not really into the whole setting of this thing as it's basically joking how the situation feels wrong which honestly, isn't very funny to me. The whole grown man being taken care of by a little girl thing has it's audience of course but as a slice of life is just doesn't feel like it has that much potential.I can feel something is developing in the background or rather being hinted at. I can see it could have a wish fulfilment purpose for some people and I think the character design concept for the kitsune is okay but the artstyle isn't really doing much for me, it's a little rough looking.

Overall I'm not quite dropping it yet but I really feel I'm not the audience for this if this is what I'm mostly supposed to grab onto story wise then I can't really see me enjoying myself that much with this. I think the setting with the heavy ''wink'' at the audience just doesn't sit well with me. I've seen plenty of stuff that has elements of this in it but having it be such a focus of the show really makes the whole cute aspects drown out for me.

Sorry, Muffin.

I actually quite like the art style and animation for this show. It's simple, but the art direction helps convey a feeling of ease and it's all quite pretty. It's a nice change from what we usually see from Doga Kobo. Story-wise, I know what I'm getting into but it's still impossible to avoid thinking about how the story treads that dangerous line between fantasy and wish fulfillment. In that sense, it's really distracting thinking about it when you just want to enjoy the show for what it is. Without revealing spoilers, I'd recommend viewers who are interested in the show so far to stick with it. This is not Uzamaid and I'm not saying that as a knock towards either shows.

Kind of wish the Kitsune would transform into a full grown adult when she says she's 800 years old, but the show is pretty wholesome so far. We talk about Japanese people being overworked, but it's more of a global problem. Americans are overworked with their 60-80 hour work weeks as well. Among many other countries.

Eps. 1-3

I thought the first episode was cute, but was a bit creeped out and slightly bored and figured I wouldn't keep watching. Second episode hooked me though, and I'm here for the long haul. At this point, I don't really care where it ends up- it's just so darn cute and relaxing to watch.

I mean, at least it knows what it is.
And
although he was chasing her around at the start. No weird tail or ear parts so this episode was an improvement all round.

Back