Spice & Wolf (Light Novel)

Rawrcore

https://www.anime-planet.com/manga/spice-and-wolf-light-novel

KK, straight to the chase: PLEASE SPOIL THE ENDING OF SPICE AND WOLF FOR ME!!!!!!

I know spoilers are taboo, but I have nowhere left to turn to. I bought the last volume, but can't read Japanese. Found someone to translate , but have yet to hear from him.

I have a downloaded copy, but no progress as well. I spent almost 15 hours straight using google translate/ google. jp to find a spoiler, but found nothing.

To be honest, my patience is long gone. I need answers.

I WILL LOVE YOU LONG TIME IF YOU CAN SPOIL THE ENDING FOR ME; hell, even just state whether it was happy, sad, or a kick in the sack.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Spice and wolf- Spoil me baby >:3

I would like someone to spoil the ending for me as well...lol. I just got around to finishing the anime series, and I was left quite curious to how their journey ends in the light novels.
I would just read the novels myself, however Yen Press is releasing them in english one every six months..and they're only on vol 6. That's way too long of a wait in between volumes for me.
I searched on here, and couldn't find any kind of thread or discussion about the light novel series. So, anyone with any info that regards to vol 16, and 17 of the series would be greatly appreciated, or If anyone knows of a site that is openly discussing the series, I don't mind digging up the info myself...thanks!

Just find a fan translation out there. There should be a few.

And if there isn't, good luck finding someone to translate an entire novel for you :)

Just find a fan translation out there. There should be a few.

And if there isn't, good luck finding someone to translate an entire novel for you :)

This. A light novel would be a BITCH to translate... I say this as someone who is currently translating manga... and I know light novels are wayyyy worse.

I feel your pain but you shouldn't spoil yourself the fun of actually reading the novel (you know you'll regret it). When Metal Gear Solid 4 came out, my best friend was on a vacation (he owned a PS3) and it would take a while before we were able to play the game. It was extremely hard not to go to the wiki website and read up on everything that happens but I managed somehow. In the end my patience was rewarded and I was glad I didn't spoil myself the (fantastic) ending.

^Yeah, I know what you mean. Typically I don't like to have series I'm interested in spoiled, but I'm not really invested in this one. I was just more or less curious as to how the author ended it, and hoped for quick closure.
Anyways, after digging online for a couple hours I'm pretty confident I know how vol 16 ends, however I wasn't able to find any solid info on the epilogue book vol 17, or any translated volumes past 8. Probably due to the fact that, like previously stated above, it takes a lot of work to translate a light novel...oh well, I suppose I'll just have to make my own ending for the traveling duo.

heres your spoiler...
最終巻ではロレンスと事実上夫婦になっており、彼の子を身篭った模様。

hah, ignore my comment, I thought you ment you wanted to know how season 2 ended. I wish I knew how this all ended too, spoil it for me or show me where I can find out what happens :D

^I'd be happy to share the info I dug up on vol 16, but please keep in mind that's this is from several different sources, I just took away what was consistent which each of them.

Lawrence finally realizes his dream of opening a shop, and the couple decides to stay, and live their lives together. The unresolved conflict after that, is of course Lawrence being mortal, and Holo (or Horo, whatever the hell she's called) living forever.
This realization begins to weight heavily on Lawrence's mind, and after awhile he confronts Holo and ask her to make him a promise. He tells her that after he dies he wants her to find a new traveling companion, and keep moving forward.
He doesn't really like the idea of Holo being with someone else, but knows the pain and fear of loneliness Holo has had in the past.
He wants her to continue smiling even after his death. Finally, after being a bit stubborn over Lawrence wished, Holo reluctantly agrees, and the two go about living their lives together.

Now, there is another vol after, and it's suppose to be a epilogue, but I couldn't find any solid info on it. I. have know idea if it picks up where the last vol left off, or if it's maybe after Lawrence's death. I've also read speculations that its not even really about anything, just side stories, but I doubt that.
Who knows they could very well turn into Tang, but I like to think Lawrence was suffering from a huge brain tumor, and Holo was nothing more than a figment of his imagination.

So I was finally able to dig up the ending for the epilogue vol 17

It's a bath house the couple is opening together, not a store like I previously stated above. So it starts out shortly after the ending of vol 16, and Lawrence is preparing a big party for Holo, that she demanded.
Lawrence thinks Holo is mad at him over a little argument they had earlier, and that's why she's indulging in a big party. While the two are taking a bath together Holo tells Lawrence they need to come up with a name. Lawrence thinks she is talking about the bathhouse, but Holo informs him that she's pregnant, and the party was so she could boast. The two get married, have a huge celebration, and can be seen kissing on one of the final pages.
102.jpg
103.jpg
104.jpg
110.jpg

There you go...my soul will now rest in peace when the world ends this year.

So I was finally able to dig up the ending for the epilogue vol 17

It's a bath house the couple is opening together, not a store like I previously stated above. So it starts out shortly after the ending of vol 16, and Lawrence is preparing a big party for Holo, that she demanded.
Lawrence thinks Holo is mad at him over a little argument they had earlier, and that's why she's indulging in a big party. While the two are taking a bath together Holo tells Lawrence they need to come up with a name. Lawrence thinks she is talking about the bathhouse, but Holo informs him that she's pregnant, and the party was so she could boast. The two get married, have a huge celebration, and can be seen kissing on one of the final pages.
102.jpg
103.jpg
104.jpg
110.jpg

There you go...my soul will now rest in peace when the world ends this year.

As i said before, thank you for digging this up! :drinking:

Back