Togainu no Chi

Re: togainu no chi -Bloody Curs-

Well I didn't hate it and it seems somewhat interesting. Though I don't really know enough about it to make a call on it. So I guess I'll keep watching. Also liked the OP thought it was pretty good. Anyways was it just me or was there a slight undertone of...never mind I'll keep my opinion on that matter to myself. Don't want to say anything definite on it because I don't know it could just be me reading to much into things.

Well I didn't hate it and it seems somewhat interesting. Though I don't really know enough about it to make a call on it. So I guess I'll keep watching. Also liked the OP thought it was pretty good. Anyways was it just me or was there a slight undertone of...never mind I'll keep my opinion on that matter to myself. Don't want to say anything definite on it because I don't know it could just be me reading to much into things.

No it's not just you.. I hope it doesnt go to that. I like the music but overall it's nothing special.

I didn't start the series, but I think your suspicions are founded. A friend told me the other day that he read in Wikipedia that Togainu no Chi are originally yaoi games. I just could hope they'd suppress that completely with the animated version, but seeing the comments now I have my doubts...

Anyway, I'll count on you guys to write about later eps. If worse comes to worse I'll never watch this and period.

On anidb they have it as a Dating Sim, so I figure it was a pretty strange setting for a dating sim, another tag they have for it is Shounen Ai... If thats what your getting at, your right.,

I looked it up last night. Seems like it's both a PC game and a PS2 game (JP only) of course. From what I understand there are some shounen-ai overtones going on and I guess it's being produced by aniplex, which means there is a lot of money behind it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Togainu_no_Chi

they straight up say it's a BL game so expect some man on man action. I'm curious as to why it's not already listed on the site since it's not hentai as far as I can tell. Maybe it just slipped through the cracks (get it? I'm so funny)!

update: watched episode 1.
Starts off with a street fighter named Akira known in the ring as "Lost." He's participating in some kind of street fight and he's kind of a bad ass. He's got a weakling guy following him around named Keisuke (love interest I guess) and then quickly he get's framed for murder. This all happens in the first 7-10 minutes. At that point he is forced into some kind of death game with other fighters in order to win his freedom and also clear this certain district of a drug overlord - I think. Pretty basic stuff for a video game plot. Episode 1 was violent as hell and bloody as bloody can get - dudes getting chopped in half with katana's and stuff like that. The music is kind of reminds me of hair metal but updated, not bad overall.

Last edited:

Well it was interesting. But I could tell that there may be some BL going on. I hope they don't emphasize it too much. Actually, they better not. >=O

Well it was interesting. But I could tell that there may be some BL going on. I hope they don't emphasize it too much. Actually, they better not. >=O

Haha i totally agree with this. If they keep BL on the low down i think i can finish this...

ROFL, what the hell was wrong with the animation in the last episode?

It looked as though the people in charge of it fell asleep at the middle of their work and they aired the episode just like that.

TERRIBLY AWFUL ENDING for an awfully paced BL fest with very few redeeming factors and a sorry excuse for a story. The stupid attempts at pseudo-philosophy and existentialism near the end almost made me laugh.

Yeah, it was pretty bad. I really hated all the building/sky shots. I mean come on, it's the finale... show us the fight scenes, not just the sky or some building while we hear some swords clanging. Oh, and apparently they reused a lot of shots from previous episodes too. There's a screen comparison floating around on the internet.

Though I haven't watched a whole lot of anime yet, this was clearly the worst I've ever seen. :@_@:

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here; reviews and final impressions should be posted in the Anime Reviews Forum. Post format and full rules can be found here.

Back