Wakako-zake

Is this going to be a short? Not sure I want to watch full length episodes of this, but if it is a short I'll give it a shot. This is the one with Sawashiro as the lead?

This caught my attention too. I think at 3 minutes an episode, even if it's bad, it won't be a total loss.

Is this going to be a short? Not sure I want to watch full length episodes of this, but if it is a short I'll give it a shot. This is the one with Sawashiro as the lead?

Yup, Brad's waifu plays the lead.
I've read the first chapter of the manga, and it was... enjoyable in an odd way. I can't really put my finger on it.

I didn't even think it had time to be boring. It just kinda happened and then it was over. There wasn't anything particularly interesting about it other than it had a melancholic feeling to it. I hope we're not watching her slide into alcoholism.

Overall it was pretty meh and not enough substance to take it seriously.

Episode 1

Well... as far as I can tell, that wasn't 3 minutes. Is this actually shorter than initially thought?
Otherwise, I guess it is what it is.... eating and drinking.

I think it was RR that said the premise sounded kinda sad and that's exactly the impression I got from the first episode.

Episode 1

I agree in saying that there wasn't really enough time for me to get bored. As soon as I started to realize that nothing truly noteworthy was going to happen, it was over. I could see it becoming an issue if these episodes were six or eight minutes long, but I can totally get behind this in two minute doses. I don't really have a better way to spend two minutes.

Being so short, I imagine there won't be much to say about this on a weekly basis.

Episode 1
I've never understood why shorts like this bother with opening themes, but at least this one didn't take up most of the run-time. (It did still take up a good quarter of it, though)

Well, that was short. Like Wakako's tolerance to peons who dare to eat salted salmon with rice. :troll:

Yeh...just watched the first episode, and can definitely tell this is going to be a short, sweet, and melancholic series.
Yay. :D

Episode 2:

I can't get over how ugly her character design is. Her eyes are too far apart making her look like some kind of creepy fishwomen. I get the art is supposed to be exaggerated but damn did they do a good job of making her look alien. Sawashiro's voice coming out of that thing just feels wrong.

Anyway this is another episode that passes by without leaving much impression. There is definitely some humor here, but it's more the very wry observation about life humor that's pretty much pointing out obvious things. "Fried food tastes awesome, but it makes you fat!" There's not much time for more complex observations though. It's just that I think with a couple of more minutes to the episode it might be able to make more of an impact.

It was a better episode than the first due to her drool inducing description of fried chicken.

Last edited:
I eat a lot of fried food, and I maintain a nice weight that is actually underweight for my height...............

Since the visual of something being fried is something I see at least 1 time a day, I guess I'll at least remember that that happened......

and yeah, chick is ugly, I don't even know why she's worrying about gaining weight..........

Huh. Here I am not minding the art too much - seems like there's a super deformed/chibi look going on.

Back