Spice and Wolf II OVA

purplemo

[sadht]Spice and Wolf II[/sadht][sadhdc][/sadhdc]

So the new Spicy Wolf OVA came out. And unlike usual it didn't take me a month to watch it!!

So what can I say? It's beginning to show the love between Horo and Lawrence more in the second round, just like the novels. The show feels mostly as a reminder of the core relationships is the story as well as remind viewers of the budding relationships and Horo's insecurities. Overall quite good, even if literally nothing happened.

Spicy Wolf just edged out of my top 3 most anticipated this year (below Umineko, Phantom, and Saki), but that doesn't mean that it isn't still highly anticipated. Now let's see if Dian shows up this summer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Spice and Wolf II Act 0

lets have a look shall we, I've only watched the first season a few weeks ago so its still very fresh in the brains :)

EDIT: Just watched it .... MOAR is all I can say. Nothing happened, but it reminded me exactly of what I am hoping for in the next season. Can't wait

Last edited:

Overall quite good, even if literally nothing happened.

That's the best part about Spice and Wolf ;p

Almost literally nothing happens every episode, but it's still fun to watch.

That was a lot of fun.

i love how Horo was in heat, she was pretty horny lmao. And her tail wagging when something happened, she seemed like more of a wolf in this ova than in the series.

That was a lot of fun.

i love how Horo was in heat, she was pretty horny lmao. And her tail wagging when something happened, she seemed like more of a wolf in this ova than in the series.

I think the director just wanted to use that camera angle (the one with her on the bed with her ass in the air) to get more DVDs off the shelves XD

Great episode. I sure hope they do more.

Lots of good interaction again between lawrence and horo. Lots of fan service. Funny jealous moments between horo and nola.

One scene was a bit somber, though: that one dream she had with lawrence as a pile of bones...

I think the director just wanted to use that camera angle (the one with her on the bed with her ass in the air) to get more DVDs off the shelves XD

I dunno, there were a lot of references done by Horo saying she needs sex lol.
Aside from her saying "where is Lawrence when I need him most" with her ass in the air, she was also referencing she wanted to have sex with Lawrence, and she also talked about (I am paraphrasing) that she has an illness a doctor can't cure. To me those say that she was in heat.

Either way, it lead to funny moments.

This OVA was done by the new animators, right? If so, I'm not disappointed, was fearing it might've been too different from the original.
Anyhow, nice opening for the new season, why is the actual season kickoff still so far away :crying: Can't wait!

Whoa, that was just too cute - now I can't stop smiling :]
Horo emotions showing clearly in the movents of her tail and ears is total win, and the scene where they bump each other noses is simply adorable.

Also they're hinting they might put a bit more attention to the problem of difference in their lifespan. Hope they do.
Anyway can't wait for season 2 now, they really know how to get you in the mood :P

I loved Horo in this OVA. Overall the OVA was pretty good, and I hope the next season will bring more of the same.

This OVA was done by the new animators, right? If so, I'm not disappointed, was fearing it might've been too different from the original.
Anyhow, nice opening for the new season, why is the actual season kickoff still so far away :crying: Can't wait!
Yeah I wondering that myself. Anyone know?

Anyways. That was cute. I hope we see more of Lawerance getting jealous, those scenes are hilarious!

Everyone from the old production came back for the second season except the character designer/animation director.

I dunno, there were a lot of references done by Horo saying she needs sex lol.
Aside from her saying "where is Lawrence when I need him most" with her ass in the air, she was also referencing she wanted to have sex with Lawrence, and she also talked about (I am paraphrasing) that she has an illness a doctor can't cure. To me those say that she was in heat.

Either way, it lead to funny moments.

I really didn't see it that way. But after reading your post I'm inclined to agree with you. So I guess the goat-cheese-apple-thing was the equivalent of chocolate for PMS or something XD

Wow, im just as bad as Lawrence. That "special illness" totally went over my head till i read some of the comments here.

Im glad they did this little OVA certainly has got me in the mood for series II.

haha same here, didn't have a clue ... but when you read all the comments here I must say that I fully agree

:smile:

i just figuerd when he touched her noes it made her randy, i figuerd it was a kiss from her POV, and i guess he left her "hanging" lol he "blue balled" her

see i just thought when a thing a docotr can't cure was a wolf disease that a doctor wouldn't know how to cure, but after reading other post i can see it now.

Last edited:

Ah yes. Xennon, ruining/dirtying people's mind since 1989.

Btw, that was also one I forgot. When she was talking about how his fingers were like Wolf noses, she then said it makes her "well... nvm." lol. This is a lot of fun actually/ Count how many times Horo references sex. We could make a game out of it.

Back