Interstella 5555: The 5tory of the 5ecret 5tar 5ystem

kainbloodheart

Interstellar 5555 - The 5tory of the 5ecret 5tar 5ystem

Synopsis, screenshots, recommendations ~ Add Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here; reviews and final impressions should be posted in the Anime Reviews Forum. Post format and full rules can be found here.

Well i got bored last night so i watched this, and I quite enjoyed it suprisingly. The music is good, the animation is ok and the story line is abit weird but overall a good one to have on in the background, so its like having the album but with a story to go with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember watching it one day with my sister.
i really liked it lol.
I got confused at times, but that's just who i am haha.
but yea, i also liked the music.

Whoa... I downloaded it last night also... just to listen to it again.

Glad you liked it, Kain!!! xD I have been a daft punk fan for a long time.. so... it's fun seeing they're work being spread.

yea i love daft punk so i was excited when i found about it and i think that the synching of the music was great and that was the most important thing

I loved this series so much! I remember watching it when I was eight. I'd been grounded for a week or so and Interstellar 5555 was airing at midnight and I asked my mother "So, since my punishment is over tomorrow...that counts as midnight tonight, right?" XD

Lol memories...
Oh, and by the way, Dragon2004...BEST. SIGNATURE. EVER.

Interstella 5555

[sadht]Interstella 5555 - The 5tory of the 5ecret 5tar 5ystem[/sadht][sadhl]interstella-5555-the-5tory-of-the-5ecret-5tar-5ystem[/sadhl][sadhdr][/sadhdr]

This looks like it's going to be tons of fun, but if even if we don't enjoy it that much it will be still be the only good thing to come out of the Diabolik Lovers thread.

We watch tomorrow. :drinking:

Re: Interstella 5555

The idea to watch this came from Diabolik Lovers? Dear god how did that happen...

Anyway, been a while since I've seen this so I've been looking forward to it.
Putting my thoughts in spoiler just in case
Seems we have a space cowboy over here. Gonna go be a hero. I don't know about you, but after he saved the 3 guys and was driving away in the van, he seemed a bit upset. Besides the obvious reason, I think he was regretting not saving his eye candy first and now he's stuck in a car with 3 dudes.

So both Daft Punk and the Crescendolls were nominees... even though they play the same songs. Genius!

The first minute of Voyager seems to be about finding the best place to hide bury the body. And then space cowboys spirit decides to wish them one last goodbye before going to space heaven. With no clothes of course. Clothes are the work of the devil

PRAY! PRAY to the golden records! Then maybe one day, we can pray to a platinum one!

And the hero comes back to save the alien Daft Punk. And he does it by giving one hell of a nude bear hug.

All in all I enjoyed it. Good music, interesting concept, and who doesn't like Daft Punk?

Last edited:

I feel like there's a game to be played with this. Count the phallic metaphors as there were a ton of them. Also, Him dreaming of the bassist kneeling on a blooming flower...well, I think I get what he was really dreaming about.

But really this thing is freakin' cool. There's a plot there to follow, but if you don't feel like it you can just listen to awesome music while enjoying the gorgeous animation. It's funny because usually when I think Toei, I don't think great animation, but in this case the retro style and colors were perfect.

As for the plot itself...well, it's full of holes and pretty silly, but it's a story told without words, just through actions, and the general scenes fit the emotions being brought by the songs. This anime does a good job of sucking you in so you don't even care about the little inconsistencies or anything. Logic doesn't apply very much here.

This was a blast to watch and the kind of thing I could see myself retwatching several times. Just really cool stuff.

Wow, surprising there was not a thread about this already. Although i suppose being a one off, that might be understandable.

I am going to sound Alien racist here, but they all look better as Earthlings.

^ Then the Beattles were actually Beetles on a far off land...

I often wonder if I could get 3 other peeps to pull off the band as Sakuracon? I want the fro.

Sorry, Thrawn. I watched it earlier. You'll have a blast with this one. It's pretty damn awesome. I just didn't have time for the normal viewing today.

I'll be here tomorrow for Malice Doll though...might as well share the pain on that one.

Good thing I watched it months ago for one of the MMs, and I'll just get to it later on today or tomorrow if it's not a group watch.

Back