Sankarea

Bluntjoker

Really surprised there isn't a thread for this already.

Anyways, I've been reading this manga since it came out in 2009 & I've yet to be disappointed.

For those of you that don't know what Sankarea is about
The story revolves around Chiharu Furuya, a high school freshman who is obsessed with zombies. Even his dream is to "kiss a zombie girl." When his cat dies, Furuya begins trying to raise it from the dead using an ancient book of the occult he bought from a shop. But what will happen when he sees the idol of a nearby all girl's school walking close to where he conducts his experiment, wishing to die and be reborn as a different person?

YTam2.jpg

7208573.jpg

Last edited:
I just hope they won't mess up the anime. Although I have a fear of filler ending.
Oh well, we'll see.
Sankarea has yet to disappoint me, indeed.
Hell, it has one of the most disturbingly romantic pages in any manga I've seen. And I'm not a vore fetishist
at least of the chew type :troll:
You all know what I'm talking about!
(big spoiler)
guard against accidental spoiler opener.
e2000025.jpg

You all know what I'm talking about!
(big spoiler)
guard against accidental spoiler opener.
e2000025.jpg

OdLWB.png

What is this epicness? Wish I could READ japanese & not only speak it, how far are the raw chapters already?

I think the girl should be more mysterious/quirky (super interesting) if she's going to be the center of the series imo, but maybe there's more to her personality than what we've seen.

She will become more interesting once you realize
she's more of a pervert than the main character is... and not in the good way...

I wonder about that, because......

So far I don't see the need, does it become really gore and stuff later on? Cuz I'm reading it, and I really like her. :love:
What I mean is that
pale as hell.

Last edited:
And when you then realize
she's not really. It's a
side effect :megusta:

*cough*
"At this rate, you'll lose control and eat him!" "That's so romantic... he'll be inside me.... always..." <---Side-effect or not, there's no way you can't call that perverted.

*Zombifying thread* Something occured to me in the latest chapter,
Rea took the potion before dying, right? Wouldn't that just put her in a half-zombie state like the MC was when her father stabbed him? What if she's not really dead, but in a suspended immortal state, prolongued by eating those leaves? If this is the case, she's not a zombie, but rather a temporarily immortal girl slowly being driven insane by the poison. She tried eating the main character because the idea was planted in her head already, her insanity just made her act on it.

TL;DL, Rea isn't a zombie: but an insane, immortal, cannabilistic pervert. "Isn't it romantic? this way he'll be inside me, always..."

And when you then realize
she's not really. It's a
side effect :megusta:

Something occurred to me in the latest chapter, (Massive possible manga spoilers)
Rea took the potion before dying, right? Wouldn't that just put her in a half-zombie state like the MC was when her father stabbed him? What if she's not really dead, but in a suspended immortal state, prolonged by eating those leaves? If this is the case, she's not a zombie, but rather a temporarily immortal girl slowly being driven insane by the poison. She tried eating the main character because the idea of being a zombie and eating him was planted in her head already, her insanity just made her act on it.

TL;DL, Rea isn't a zombie: but an insane, semi-immortal, cannibalistic pervert. "Isn't it romantic? This way he'll be inside me, always..."

1) I posted it to the manga section too, but almost nobody pays attention to the manga section.
2) That was a continuation of a conversation we had in this thread earlier. I posted it here so that anyone else that might have been reading the conversation before may read it if they want.
3) You don't have to pay attention to my post, nor click the spoiler.

Number 1) is the main reason why manga things are into anime topics. With the proper spoiler tags, nobody has trouble.

And to answer the question above (yes manga spoilers ahead):

Again MANGA spoilers here, if you click again, you CAN'T blame me.
The dose he took and the dose she drunk, are at completelly different levels. He was given a small amount that lasted for a brief time, she took the whole drug with her. Besides he took a perhaps non lethal strike, which was a small hole. She was impaled in her whole belly with heavy organ damage and blood loss. Besides it is confirmed that she IS dead, due to rigor mortis and other phenomenon, right? Who knows maybe the drug evolves and she becomes fully-human again. Zombie or not, she's a very sweet girl :love:

^
true, but it is still possible she's not fully dead yet. Doesn't the MC's grandfather eat a lot of those leaves too? He's not a zombie, and I'm pretty sure he's at least a little insane. Or maybe the MC added an extra ingredient to the potion, which might also explain why she can keep her sanity this long (And why Babu kept his sanity for so long despite being dead several days before coming back). and maybe the Rigor Mortis, etc is a side-effect of prolonging the potion's effect too long, along with the insanity. Too many variables and too many possibilities, but it would seriously be interesting is this were the case.

But I agree, long (un)live Sanka Rei!

^
true, but it is still possible she's not fully dead yet. Doesn't the MC's grandfather eat a lot of those leaves too? He's not a zombie, and I'm pretty sure he's at least a little insane. Or maybe the MC added an extra ingredient to the potion, which might also explain why she can keep her sanity this long (And why Babu kept his sanity for so long despite being dead several days before coming back). and maybe the Rigor Mortis, etc is a side-effect of prolonging the potion's effect too long, along with the insanity. Too many variables and too many possibilities, but it would seriously be interesting is this were the case.

But I agree, long (un)live Sanka Rei!

All I can say is:
Read further, and you will answer many of your questions, lol.

^I've read all translated chapters I could find, up to
Babu killing the fox, and feeding on the cat's corpse.

Back