Fruits Basket the Final

Episode 4:
That was intense, but it was also beautiful at the same time.
Now I really want to know what Akito is keeping in that box. It must be important enough if Ren manipulated Isuzu into an attempt to get it. And we all know what happened with that. Its just so sad to see Isuzu fall into depression despite trying so much. Have I mentioned how much I dislike Ren, seriously.

I do like how Hiro was finally accepting his own past mistakes. Kisa is just too nice of a girl to hold a grudge against anyone. Haru was pissed though, he was angry enough to crack a wooden pillar instead of Akito. Then he wasted no time looking for Isuzu. Haru was so straight-forward, the way he performed the princess-hold on Isuzu. That was the best moment in the episode, Isuzu realizing that she was loved. They didn't even notice the two kids watching them, that's how caught up they were in the moment.
Just another reminder why I love this Fruits Basket couple.

Last edited:
Akito is keeping in that box. It must be important enough if Ren manipulated Isuzu into an attempt to get it. And we all know what happened with that.

I'm not sure about this but it's probably her dead father's ashes or something. I'm making a lot of assumptions here. But that's what I think it is. Like.... It resembled a lot with what is a very comman object in many cultures that incriminate the dead. The ashes of the burnt bodies are stored on boxes and the boxes are buried or kept as a family possesion or in some cases the ashes are spread into the wind at some specified locations like maybe a place the deceased person held dear in their life. I don't know the details but this is what I felt it was...

that's more like it.
haru almost going apeshit on akito was a definite highlight. she really asked for that. and of course more of akito being the most broken human being alive. too bad haru couldn't carry out the full punch through her face.

but remember when yuki said sometimes not being punched hurts more? im saying that was a great example.

Episode 4
I'm not sure about this but it's probably her dead father's ashes or something. I'm making a lot of assumptions here. But that's what I think it is. Like.... It resembled a lot with what is a very comman object in many cultures that incriminate the dead. The ashes of the burnt bodies are stored on boxes and the boxes are buried or kept as a family possesion or in some cases the ashes are spread into the wind at some specified locations like maybe a place the deceased person held dear in their life. I don't know the details but this is what I felt it was...
I immediately thought the box was his ashes

I'm curious on how Akito's father fits into the story.

Haru certainly brought Akito down a peg or two. If only someone had recorded where Akito admitted to trying to kill Rin twice and let her reap the consequences

Not the old lady okaying Rin's death because Kureno shouldn't disobey Akito

The Haru and Run moments were sweet this episode

I already forgot Akito's mother's name, but man, she is horrible

I’m loving this season
This is such a good anime!!!!
46f3b6350d654baf503a48c3ed54c7f4d56a9760.gifv

Started watching this season a bit late, but I have to say it definitely did exceed any expectations I had. The opening sequence was beautiful, especially with the backgrounds, plus the overall song in the op was good. I love how the backgrounds looked this season, not even just during the opening but also throughout the episode it gives off this calming homey feeling.

The amount of scenes they fit into one episode and how much we learn from this episode alone is interesting to me. It didn't seem like it went too fast, actually, it seemed like it developed at a perfect pace. Since this anime is able to fit so much information into one episode it gives off the vibes that time goes by so fast, which gives off the feeling of wanting to continue watching. I may not be the keenest on Akito's character but I like how we're learning a lot about her and her past this season. And I'll always appreciate an anime that has reasons as to why a character is a way they are.

I don't know how to express my thoughts on Akito's mother, but I'm slightly fearing as to what she'll do to influence the story of this anime. Especially, with the last scene were given where she offers to help Isuzu.

Tohru's breakdown in this episode really hit me deep for some reason, especially by the time Saki came and invited her into her house. Then to just see Uotani come by and see them share a hug, really hit me and had me wishing for a friendship as deep as theirs.

From the opening alone I could already tell this was most likely going to be the most emotional season yet, not completely sure if my heart can handle it but let's go.

There are some notable moments throughout this episode for me. The first one was kyo cutely panicking when Tohru seemed sad so he gave her one of the paper flower things, that moment alone warmed my heart so much because I love their character interactions more than anything.

The second one was student council chick running after Yuki just to say hi, because that was ridiculously adorable and I lowkey ship them.

The third one was Shigure saying he hated Kureno because my god can he be scary

The fourth one was...
"You slept with that woman though..." "Ren!" - Akito
"I only slept with her because you slept with Kureno" - Shigure

I know this was supposed to be taken seriously and be a moment of learning more about the dynamic between some members of the Sohma family, but I couldn't help but feel awkward. I felt like I wanted to disappear and phase into the wall or I was hearing something I should've never heard in the first place

Another thing I like is how you can see most of Akito's character when she's screaming all panicked like, for example, during that "I'm special" scene. On one hand, it can be viewed as a deep dive into Akito's character and her mental state with how she views everything. Whereas on another it can be viewed as Akito trying to convince herself of these things

I love how we got to know more about Machi's character, she's like my second favorite female character. Her trauma caused by her parents with the whole expectation of being perfect was beautifully expressed. The dynamic between Yuki's character and how you can tell he's grown far past his own traumas to be able to even say things to her shows a lot in a way. It's like how Tohru influenced Yuki and Yuki influenced Machi.

Might as well mark this anime as a horror cause I've never been so scared from an anime in my entire life. The moment Akito's figure popped up behind Izusu's as she was trying to get the treasure genuinely scared the fuck out of me. Then combined with knowing what state Izusu was left in after that, with the knowledge of her past, it's all just so much. Moments like these just make me want the characters to be happy even more. Haru confronting Akito made the scene even more intense in general.

Another thing I liked was how they symbolize the bond between the Sohmas with the rope. It shows greatly the connection between each of them and how they're trapped there in a way. Especially in the scene where the rope turned slightly frayed.

the ending was beautiful and made me emotional. The mini past memories as Haru carried rin was beautiful then the ending of "I'm home"
i just, how does one not feel anything towards that

Oh and Hiro had a growth spurt

This anime so heart warming and wholesome,Mostly funny with some of the characters I love,I love it so much that I would watch it again besides it’s my comfort anime irl problems sometimes.

We did see this before, but let me repeat it especially for this episode: what a messed up family....
Felt real hate & rage against akito (again), her mother & the old hag. Literally scum.
Very happy they ended the episode with a great scene, blowing all the negative from before away. I hope the entire show will end like this episode, with a good outcome.

Okay so a lot of stuff happened in there.
Okay so starting with those two pairs of Ayame and Hatori in the very first scenes really set the tone for the ep. Then the similar scene of Yuki and Saki.... That was cuteee!! Also damn that student council woman #2. She just had to ruin their moment didn't she?! Honestly, to hell with her! Aghhhhh! Anyway so all this happened before the opening itself!

Then we saw the (grown up) Momiji. I'll say this out loud. I honestly didn't recognise him. At first I was like... Ahh he's that guy from the intro. But boy oh boy. That is some insane character development I guess. So yeah... That happened. But then those first 10secs of Momiji being Momiji (lol ice creams and all that stuff) even though he looks all manly now made me smile so hard my cheeks still hurt. But then it got serious and... Idk how to say this but I'm glad Momiji actually got half of an episode dedicated to him and his emotions. Cuz like... He did "Feel" like a very lonely character right from the start. Though revealing that he loved Tohru... That was defo not what I was expecting this episode to entail. Also, he was soo soo mature this entire episode. Like the moment when he spoke to Kyo... Actually both the time he spoke to him, the point where he handled Amito and also that last part when he spoke to his "Mom" (idk what to call her honestly.) So yeah.... I just loved him sooooooooo much this episode. I've always loved him but now I also love the producers from showing us what they did this episode.

Moving on, idk what to say about Shigure. He's beyond me. Like he's soo out of reach that I can't even understand why I sometimes find him very deeply relatable and at times don't get a word of what he's saying. But I guess that's just the kind of character he is supposed to be right? Can't be helped. But I seriously hope by the end of this series we can at least... Idk relate to him enough to justify most of whatever actions he would have made up to that point. That's all I hope for.

Ahh also before this kinda slips away I actually got this wierd thought while watching this episode. Ideal where it came from but my mind just went "How would you like to stay at that Fortress like grand mansion or whatever it is at the Shoma residency??".... Idk I'm still wondering. It certainly looks tempting to me....¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anyway back to the story. Well... What else... Ahh right the curse breaking! Of all the Sohma's I wasn't expecting Momiji's to be the first one to break. But yeah... That actually is a major development in the story. A part of me is happy that Akito's reaping what she sowed but a tiny tiny part of me also feels pity towards her.

I guess that's all. Idk I'm just getting this weird feeling that I might have missed something that was on my mind... Can't place my finger on it... Let me know if u feel I missed out on any important part of the episode...

I did not see that coming.

To think that Momiji would be the next one to break the curse! Not to mention that Haru's is fractured. It is all coming to a head shortly!

Last edited:
Okay so a lot of stuff happened in there.
Okay so starting with those two pairs of Ayame and Hatori in the very first scenes really set the tone for the ep. Then the similar scene of Yuki and Saki.... That was cuteee!! Also damn that student council woman #2. She just had to ruin their moment didn't she?! Honestly, to hell with her! Aghhhhh! Anyway so all this happened before the opening itself!

Then we saw the (grown up) Momiji. I'll say this out loud. I honestly didn't recognise him. At first I was like... Ahh he's that guy from the intro. But boy oh boy. That is some insane character development I guess. So yeah... That happened. But then those first 10secs of Momiji being Momiji (lol ice creams and all that stuff) even though he looks all manly now made me smile so hard my cheeks still hurt. But then it got serious and... Idk how to say this but I'm glad Momiji actually got half of an episode dedicated to him and his emotions. Cuz like... He did "Feel" like a very lonely character right from the start. Though revealing that he loved Tohru... That was defo not what I was expecting this episode to entail. Also, he was soo soo mature this entire episode. Like the moment when he spoke to Kyo... Actually both the time he spoke to him, the point where he handled Amito and also that last part when he spoke to his "Mom" (idk what to call her honestly.) So yeah.... I just loved him sooooooooo much this episode. I've always loved him but now I also love the producers from showing us what they did this episode.

Moving on, idk what to say about Shigure. He's beyond me. Like he's soo out of reach that I can't even understand why I sometimes find him very deeply relatable and at times don't get a word of what he's saying. But I guess that's just the kind of character he is supposed to be right? Can't be helped. But I seriously hope by the end of this series we can at least... Idk relate to him enough to justify most of whatever actions he would have made up to that point. That's all I hope for.

Ahh also before this kinda slips away I actually got this wierd thought while watching this episode. Ideal where it came from but my mind just went "How would you like to stay at that Fortress like grand mansion or whatever it is at the Shoma residency??".... Idk I'm still wondering. It certainly looks tempting to me....¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anyway back to the story. Well... What else... Ahh right the curse breaking! Of all the Sohma's I wasn't expecting Momiji's to be the first one to break. But yeah... That actually is a major development in the story. A part of me is happy that Akito's reaping what she sowed but a tiny tiny part of me also feels pity towards her.

I guess that's all. Idk I'm just getting this weird feeling that I might have missed something that was on my mind... Can't place my finger on it... Let me know if u feel I missed out on any important part of the episode...
I have no pity toward her at all. Akito is a shitty person, who has no care or respect towards anyone else. She deserves what is coming to her.

I have no pity toward her at all. Akito is a shitty person, who has no care or respect towards anyone else. She deserves what is coming to her.
Yeah no. U got me wrong. I don't pity her for that part of the story. I pity her because she herself has been through something rough too. I pity her cuz of her mother. So yeah that part got my pity. Also from what I perceive from the story so far is that the reason Akito treats others like that is precisely because of the hardships she had faced in the past or maybe is still facing. I, in no manner mean to imply that what she does is justified. But I feel her actions have a basis that is worth calling a "reason" in this case.

wow a lot did happen in this episode, maybe even a little too much.
that momiji growth spurt was intense, did he almost double in size ? Took me a couple seconds to recognize him.
Also the other two small ones, Hiro & Kisa seem to have grown too. I wonder how much time has passed since the graduation ceremony couple eps back and now.
When that bond broke, i was sure that it was hatsuharus (it did look exactly like that one last week), but never would have suspected momiji is next. Now i'm wondering what the rules for breaking their bond is. Can't see a common reason between Kureno years back and Momiji now.
And yeah, akito will have it rough now and in the future, but tbh i think that is still the best thing to bring her out of her stand-still life and maybe get it moving forward again.

Episode 5:
Episode 5:
Episode was great as always and every time I watch an episode it is always my new favourite episode, so..........my love for momiji legit skyrocketed, like it’s crazy, first my boy be looking fresh and slick and ho ho ho
And also the love triangle is breaking me to pieces, cause it’s kyo and Torhu 4ever BUT I don’t wanna see momiji heart broken for even a second, him on screen literally brightens my day and his curse being broken brought tears to my eyes.
I’m honestly so impressed with this season, fruits basket reallly knows how to showcase characters each episode and I’ve probably been teary every episode so that’s says something

Episode was great, can’t wait till the next one

Back