O Maidens in Your Savage Season

I quite liked this anime but I really don't understand at all why there's so much hatred towards alot of the characters in it. It almost feels like alot of people are coming into this anime not knowing what it's about or what kinds of things to expect.

I feel Niina and Izumi get a ton of unwarranted flack for things that are purely human. Izumi was given an opportunity to have his way with Niina but remained loyal to his girlfriend in spite of his purely natural lust.

Niina is just confused. She doesn't understand herself or what she wants other than the basic desire for "essyex" because she knows life is short and fleeting and in spite of how young she is, she's not getting any younger. With her weird mentor and all, it's kinda expected she'd have issues. I would probably hate her as much as everyone else if she remained dishonest with herself and her friend but at the end of it all, she wasn't. Instead of living up to those horrible rumors other girls spewed about her about seducing men, she admitted defeat. The only reason she even stooped to said low in the first place is because she fell in love and like they say, love makes you do crazy things.

That said, I've also seen criticisms for unresolved plot points and that's where I agree. What exactly happened to Juujou the gal that got pregnant towards the end? Did the guy take responsibilty? Does she live life a single mother? Does she get an abortion?

What about Emi? You know, that girl Izumi turned down in the earlier episodes? No plots for revenge on our main heroine or using her popular girl status to bully further? Heck, she could have served a significant plot point for calling out Niina's behavior, but no. She just disappears.

I still like it overall but I agree that some stuff was left unanswered and I think some characters don't deserve some of their criticisms.

With me, I just didn't view the writers as really knowing what to do with Niina more than anything else.

I quite liked this anime but I really don't understand at all why there's so much hatred towards alot of the characters in it. It almost feels like alot of people are coming into this anime not knowing what it's about or what kinds of things to expect.

I feel Niina and Izumi get a ton of unwarranted flack for things that are purely human. Izumi was given an opportunity to have his way with Niina but remained loyal to his girlfriend in spite of his purely natural lust.

Niina is just confused. She doesn't understand herself or what she wants other than the basic desire for "essyex" because she knows life is short and fleeting and in spite of how young she is, she's not getting any younger. With her weird mentor and all, it's kinda expected she'd have issues. I would probably hate her as much as everyone else if she remained dishonest with herself and her friend but at the end of it all, she wasn't. Instead of living up to those horrible rumors other girls spewed about her about seducing men, she admitted defeat. The only reason she even stooped to said low in the first place is because she fell in love and like they say, love makes you do crazy things.

That said, I've also seen criticisms for unresolved plot points and that's where I agree. What exactly happened to Juujou the gal that got pregnant towards the end? Did the guy take responsibilty? Does she live life a single mother? Does she get an abortion?

What about Emi? You know, that girl Izumi turned down in the earlier episodes? No plots for revenge on our main heroine or using her popular girl status to bully further? Heck, she could have served a significant plot point for calling out Niina's behavior, but no. She just disappears.

I still like it overall but I agree that some stuff was left unanswered and I think some characters don't deserve some of their criticisms.
After the end song of the last ep you can see that Juju kept the baby and her boyfriend stayed with her

Been years, but yes I know about that. Was more disappointed that something heavy as that was a one-off thing.
I just finished it and I came to read some comments
Yes the end it's a bit rushed. They could have made something longer

Back