Polar Bear Cafe

randomredneck

Polar Bear Cafe
Alt title: Shirokuma Cafe

Synopsis, Screenshots, Reviews, Recommendations ~ Add Your Own Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here. Full reviews should be posted here. Forum rules and post guidelines can be found here.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Stumbled onto this little oddity earlier today. A talking polar bear, who runs a cafe, and hangs out with a talking penguin, and a lazy talking panda...I find it oddly interesting.

Re: Shirokuma Cafe

Very very nice. The realistic art style really drives home that this isn't a show for kids, despite the premise. In fact, just watching the facial expressions of the animals was fairly hilarious.

It is a fun show but the episode did not blow me away as I had hoped. The jokes weren't particularly strong, but the characters are fun. Apart from Panda who may get annoying quite quickly. But I see lots of laughs to be had with Penguin and Llama. I think it will get better as it goes on.

Episode 2.

Cafe ideas, cherry blossom viewing, and drunken penguin poetry. That last bit was funny.

Drunk penguin was the highlight, but after the second episode this show still isn't really doing it for me... lacks any kind of punch.

Episode 3.

Poor Shirokuma. Guy just isn't welcome anywhere at that zoo, is he? Gotta give him credit for persistence. "They'll never notice us." Yeah, no one will notice the 8 foot tall polar bear, and a penguin. Though that "It's a stuffed animal/it's a rug" bit was pretty funny. 2nd half, the animals complaining about their jobs.

Good episode.

Wow, this is probably the first show where I've come to hate the main character (Panda).
Still, it's mildly entertaining. I like Polar Bear and Penguin, Llama too a bit. I can't tell if Sasako being there feels right or not...
But Polar Bear and Penguin standing out at the zoo made me lol.

Episode 4.

Smart phones
I must say, Llama's method of smart phone usage cracked me up. Surprisingly versatile, for a dude with no fingers. And Panda, that fat pantload, breaks his phone with his fat ass. Moron.

Driving lessons.
Yeah, somehow I figured Shirokuma would make those words puns, even when no one else was awake. And frankly, how the hell would Penguin drive a car anyway? I doubt his feet could even reach the pedals...oy.

Aside from the transforming car bit, it doesn't seem that out of place to me. And since someone bumped the thread...

Episode 9.
Rin-Rin is officially creepy. No man should be that into pandas. It's just...weird. And damn you Penguin. I thought he actually confessed. I should have known better than that.

Episode 10 was hilarious. Sometimes the episodes are only so-so, but it really hit it out of the part this time.
I want to bring a Panda as my wingman for the next group date I go on!

Episode 10.

Hilarious as it was, I was gonna stab my own eardrums if I had to hear "So cute!" one more time. Though gotta give Panda credit, boy has swag.

Episode 11.

First segment was kinda weak(Seriously, Penguin pining for Penko is starting to get annoying) but the second one made up for it. That bit at the batting cages had me laughing my ass off.

This show is freaking adorable. I'm only on episode 6 right now, though. Not sure if I should watch the rest all in one night or take it slow. It's so easy to watch a bunch at the same time, the show is very relaxing. :)

Episode 15.
That was classic. Penguin didn't even know Penko's real name. And confessing to seven different penguin girls! Great way to finally put an annoying story point to rest.

Episode 01

Adorable characters, pretty art style, and a ton of bad puns. This show is a damn masterpiece.

Episode 04

vlcsnap-2018-11-09-22h27m12s709.png

vlcsnap-2018-11-09-22h06m35s902.png

I think Panda is my spirit animal.

Back