Birdy the Mighty Decode

Oehr

Birdy the Mighty Decode
Alt title: Tetsuwan Birdy Decode

Synopsis, Screenshots, Reviews, Recommendations ~ Add Your Own Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here. Full reviews should be posted here. Forum rules and post guidelines can be found here.

this time its following the manga with the character design and the characters themselves but i preferred the ova: madhouse animation, i loved the different character design and
i liked that birdy had super uuchuchin strength without any special effects like colorful trails when she was running or fighting.

even though its more like the manga i prefer madhouse interpretation and style. and the ed music was much much MUCH better too - FUTURESHOCK!:smile:

well ill watch it to to the very end zettai ni!

Last edited by a moderator:
I found all that colourful animation and beautiful effects very pleasing to the eye, and somehow it seemed like it made that whole action thing a whole lot more entertaining to watch. Haven't seen the ova or anything, but this show seems alright.

I've also seen episode 1. I can't wait for the next episode! I really like this one more already then Naruto. ^_^

O, I loved the original series. It is among one of my favorite anime. I didn't even know that there was a new series. I guess I am off to find some more info. :)

2nd episode is out. A little disjointed from the first episode, but am happy to see well penned characters / situations. Still think this is looking pretty good and will likely watch this till completion.

I agree... It still was good. Episode 1 is most of the time best since they introduce the characters. Now they have started to make the plot move, so it was less exiting. I do think that we can expect much from this anime.

I have been waiting for a series like this to appear in quite a while, and by looking at the animation so far and characters I have high hopes for it keeping me entertained :)

I just finished the 1st ep and I must say, I love the tenacity of Birdy. Seems like this'll be a good show later on. Much better then some of these other summer series.

ep02:
fine so far. already different from the ova when it comes to story. great! i hope it all works out. though they should have used to old ed as the opening or so. just the music.

just finished ovas and going to start this show now, really liked ovas so i hope tv version will also be good

Just finished this series and there's going to be a season 2. Last few episodes were halfway decent so I'll more then likely will watch it next season.

NO SPOILERS IN THIS POST!

just watched the final episode. it was a great anime, but i still prefer the ova. acting, story telling and the ed theme :D
the ova also has a completely different story, so be sure to check it out.

also the design of birdy in the first version of the manga, is (in my opinion) MUCH better than the current one
here are birdy design comparisons of the first and second version of the series:
first version:
birdythemightycover2oy9.jpg
birdylogonq2.jpg
snapshot20080723195746og6.jpg

second version(tv/Birdy the Mighty II):
i5864ua0.gif
birdymb7.jpg

i would love to read the manga(both the old(2volumes complete) and the new one(17 volumes ongoing), though only 3chapters(old) and 8(chapters) have been translated yet. i guess this only covers a 1-3ep of the tv anime...

well i hope some other scanlation group continues the series, as its pretty interesting :)

Tetsuwan Birdy DECODE season1

Has anyone seen this? I just saw that season 2 is starting to air,...so I went back and started watching this...pretty interesting. Its about an alien investigator that accidentally kills an earthling bystander, and I guess fuses with his body to save his life. I think the funny thing about this anime is that the investigator is a woman. I'm pretty amazed nobody has been talking about this series.

Okay since the story was good, with a surprised ending, but they definitely took the cheap route on some of the scenes. I understand budget, but come on really? Crayons? None the less, I'm goin' to check out the sequel.

I this one any good? I only saw one episode of it when Funimation posted it on Youtube but I never did watch the entire series. The one episode looked OK but is it something worth watching or should I pass?

I this one any good? I only saw one episode of it when Funimation posted it on Youtube but I never did watch the entire series. The one episode looked OK but is it something worth watching or should I pass?

If your looking for artistry and animation this has it's ups and downs, but the fight scenes were great, and it has an original plot, so it's worth 5 eps minimum.

not too bad overall... very surprised actually... i found the first season to be rather enjoyable... even if the tragic ending was a bit predictable.

This was really up and down. At times this felt like a western animation project... (mostly in the beginning) it took nearly 7 eps to start to develop something resembling depth to the plot. but once it did... it was surprisingly solid.

No clue about season 2, might suck... but atleast season 1 didn't make me feel like i wasted my time.

3 out of 5. a solid 3 too.

Back