Omamori Himari

L

Lemur

Omamori Himari
Alt title:

Synopsis, Screenshots, Reviews, Recommendations ~ Add Your Own Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here. Full reviews should be posted here. Forum rules and post guidelines can be found here

===================================================================

Episode 1:
Watching it side by side with the first and second chapters of the manga, they made very few changes. They added brief cameos for Lizlet/Kuesu and Shuzuku at the beginning and end respectively and gave the demon some green spider legs. Sure, it had a shitload of fanservice, but so did the manga. Rinko's voice is a little annoying, but Ami Koshimizu for Himari is perfect. Im still undecided on Yuuto. Overall, I'm quite pleasantly surprised.

If they keep it this close to the source material for the rest of the season, this could actually not be the train-wreck I was expecting. =D
Now just to wait for a subbed version to appear.

Ep 1 wasn't bad. It did seem a little fast-paced, in that a lot was covered in one show.

From the appearance of Himari to her introduction to the class would usually take 3 to 4 episodes.

Still, I could follow what was going on. Seems like a pretty clear-cut story, with a nice bit of ecchi.

meh.

you know i kept thinking throughout this ep that i was watching a reboot of 11eyes sans weird Hungarian intros, and the pretentiousness, plus they traded the yandere for a tsundere version... The lead character was still a dumbass, there was still a samurai sempai who looked so much like the original samurai sempai i'm glad they gave version 2.0 cat ears so we could tell them apart (even the school uniform is identical). These two anime are so superficially similar lets go down this checklist.

dumb-ass comedy sidekick [check]
mysterious girls with oversized knockers [check]
grey haired loli reading a book [check]
sexy teacher [check]
Plenty of fanservice pantyshots [check]
silly "supersized" boobs hanging out. [check]
weird monsters that dematerialize when killed [check]
dead parents for dumbassed male lead [check]
convenient "tragic" amnesia past for dumbassed male lead [check]
superpowers yet to be shown for dumbassed male lead [check]
random monsters trying to kill dumbassed male lead for no apparent reason [check]

this time, since this anime isn't sporting a weird eyepatch, boatloads of pretension and cliffhanger ending to ep 1, i think i'll safely drop it before i deeply regret wasting any more time watching it.

dropped.

meh.
sexy teacher [check]
random monsters trying to kill dumbassed male lead for no apparent reason [check]
dropped.

^
this list describes half of all anime.
you might want to get a new hobby.
I don't understand complaining about anime cliches.

meh.

you know i kept thinking throughout this ep that i was watching a reboot of 11eyes sans weird Hungarian intros, and the pretentiousness, plus they traded the yandere for a tsundere version... The lead character was still a dumbass, there was still a samurai sempai who looked so much like the original samurai sempai i'm glad they gave version 2.0 cat ears so we could tell them apart (even the school uniform is identical). These two anime are so superficially similar lets go down this checklist.

sexy teacher [check]

this time, since this anime isn't sporting a weird eyepatch, boatloads of pretension and cliffhanger ending to ep 1, i think i'll safely drop it before i deeply regret wasting any more time watching it.

dropped.

Reading the manga. Not sure I have the patience for the anime (in manga, I can speed through the boring parts). Thanks for the heads-up. ^^;

tylerriggs said:
^

Oh i know i just checked off dozens of generic anime stereotypes. Sometimes they bug me. sometimes i don't mind. for some reason i got a strong 11eyes vibe from this anime (possibly because i just saw it, and it bugged me greatly); so i felt like making a humorous post about the superficial similarities

Reading the manga. Not sure I have the patience for the anime (in manga, I can speed through the boring parts). Thanks for the heads-up. ^^;

lol

here is something for you to consider. I think Himari from Omamori is the love child of Misuzu of 11eyes and Shana of Shakugan no Shana plus a cat... comes into play somewhere in there (we can't leave any fetish left unused, there must be nekomimi!, now we need to wait for the maid to show up... or if i meant to watch any more of this i would. i'll have to rely on you all to let me know if we hit that fetish, because i have no intention of watching more of this).

for your comparison pleasure!

Shana_16603_1600x1200theAnimeGaller.jpg

Shana +

11eyes8_9.jpg

Samurai Sempai (Misuzu) =

himari101.jpg

Samurai Sempai v2.0 (Himari)

yeah... i had to amend my comparison of Samurai Sempai to v2.0 into a love child result because my GF watched the ep today and said she looked like Shana with breasts. After she said that i saw it to, and so the love child idea was born!

AHAHAHAHAHA. Oh, there is a maid coming. Don't worry.

Also, Himari is not Tsundere. She's all love-love. ALL THE TIME.

Also, Himari is not Tsundere. She's all love-love. ALL THE TIME.

oh.. i could tell that much. lol

no no... i was talking about the downgrade going from worthless yandere doom-chick (Yuka) to generic tsundere childhood friend w/ small-chest-syndrome (Rinko). I call it a downgrade because i think we've seen the generic tsundere girl with a small chest and the crazy jealousy it creates quite a few times in anime. While even piss poor worthless yandere loons like yuka are the gift that keeps idiots watching (yes. had yuka not had a yandere meltdown i would have dropped 11eyes, therefore proving I'm a giant moron for watching that in the hopes the yandere meltdown would lead to a nice boat ending, rewarding me for suffering through watching that crap)

are yuka and rinko related? i'll let you judge

60384.jpg

Yandere Doom Chick Yuka!
himari113.jpg

Generic Tsundere Childhood Friend w/ Small-Chest-Syndrome Himari!

yes i'm having way too much fun ripping on some of these anime i've seen recently. maybe i should try out a review or two, or maybe a blog or something. lol

^

I don't understand it either. :drinking:

I just put the tactless trolls on the "ignore" list. It's surprising how much nicer the forum appears when their drivel is blocked.

I don't understand it either. :drinking:

I just put the tactless trolls on the "ignore" list. It's surprising how much nicer the forum appears when their drivel is blocked.

:crying:

tactless trolls? I thought i was sorta funny at least. Oh well... my apologies. :baka: I guess it was sorta rude to hang around after dropping the anime to bash it; now that i think about it i've done that with a few anime this season. Again, i'm sorry.

Hmm.. I really don't have anything positive to say about this other then Ms. Nekoneko is pretty damn hot.

Ep 2: Not as fast-paced as Ep 1, but it still moved quick. I just noticed that Himari is Horo (Ami Koshimizu) :love:

Beach + fanservice + fight scene with tentacles =
thumbs.jpg

Episode 2:
A little slower now, thank god.

Still following the manga almost word for word, and still doing quite well. Fanservice serves well. xD

And Episode 3:
The Grand Prix style returns! 2 characters down in one episode, and atleast 4 chapters. Wow. :@_@:

And Episode 3:
The Grand Prix style returns! 2 characters down in one episode, and atleast 4 chapters. Wow. :@_@:

It did run quick, but it was pretty enjoyable throughout, from the appearance of Shizuku in the tub to the fight at the cafe. I like Liz's character; her visions of cruel Yuuto & Himari brought a lot of lol's.

It did run quick, but it was pretty enjoyable throughout, from the appearance of Shizuku in the tub to the fight at the cafe. I like Liz's character; her visions of cruel Yuuto & Himari brought a lot of lol's.

Yup, utterly enjoyable- Just also very, very fast. xD

I'm very pleased with how well they are following the Manga. I was worried it was going to be like To Love Ru.

With only 38 chapters out total, though, moving at 4 chapters per episode will land them without material before the end of the season, I think.

^

Yeah I've seen so much anime just like this. It's all just "meh" to me. Just another show to watch lol.

Back