Karneval

Oh... that was actually good.

From the PVs, the kind of people looking forward to it, the protagonist's hairdo (heh) and such, I didn't expect it to be anything other than a mediocre bishonen thingy with faux moments of tension and just an excuse for a plot, but this episode did give me the impression that's not the case.

Pretty as hell animation, no annoying characters (so far), and a rather unorthodox, confusing way of getting the series started. Not bad.

P.S.: Boooy, that's A LOT of characters in the ending...

From the PVs, the kind of people looking forward to it, the protagonist's hairdo (heh) and such, I didn't expect it to be anything other than a mediocre bishonen thingy with faux moments of tension and just an excuse for a plot, but this episode did give me the impression that's not the case.
... I guess you don't think much of my taste :(

so that was definitely the most intriguing open of the season thus far.
it actually rather reminds me of the open for K from last season. and K, while deeply flawed, was a fun ride. which is what I was expecting from Karneval, and continue to. even if the characters are a bit derp so far.

No, no!

I didn't mean people in these forums, just what I see around on the Internet (for this, mainly squealing teenage girls).

Well, it wasn't that bad...
Bishes, man, bishes everywhere...
And woman that didn't get the D... we saw how that turned out... and I don't like when gore is skipped...

Episode 2.
So that's Karakou, huh? ...Douchebag. I can tell just by looking at him. Not to mention the whole thing he was doing to Nai's head there. Speaking of...is it wrong for me to find him adorable? I mean, when he tried throwing that rock...I felt like hugging him. Also, Yogi is awesome.

Episode 2

This red seed stuff has got me interested too. And I like what they did with the rock throwing bit. Too many shows have the main character unlock some kind of hidden power that makes them beat all the enemies with barely any effort when all their friends are beaten and they're the only one left. All it takes is for them to say something along the lines of "I'm not running away", "I'm not giving up", or something similar, then suddenly whoosh, some hidden special ability or secret power comes out. I was expecting that to happen here, so I was surprised and a bit relieved when I saw that was not the case here. I actually found it funny that the opposite happened
I like those little guys on the ship too. I'm interested to see just how big a role they have in the rest of the series

Episode 2:

Another good episode.

Nai throwing that rock was amazing, i laughed pretty hard at that moment. I'm fairly sure he's a little bit retarded as well a being physically weak, the guy just has no common sense. But he's a pretty awesome main character if you ask me, mainly because he's different. There seems to be a lot of hate for Nai around the internet as well. For shame.

We got quite a few new questions as well. We finally say Karoku, but was he being held somewhere? And what was that with him and Nai? Then we find out that the bad guys want to take Nai alive, and those mutatated guys seemed to beat circus pretty easily, but i wonder what this "red seed" stuff is all about.

Yogi was awesome. That's all i have to say about him.

would u agree that yogi is to Karneval what jerry is to Parks and Rec??
about Karoku maybe he is brainwashed
(under some spell, if my memory doesnt full me he was blonde in the first ep and now dark kinda sinister blue hair color,????),
or he was bad from the start , knowing Nai possess something crucial for them probably that red seed thing they mentioned,
finding out what that bracelet really is or does is probably key to solving that

Episode 3.
So that's why Nai is so annoyingly adorable. Cause he's some kind of weird human version of an adorable little fuzzy thing. Also answers what that thing in the ED is. Poor Gareki. Who knew he had such a weakness to little fuzzy animals? ...And got grabbed by some weird, uncute animal things...bummer.
On a secondary note, that pink haired doctor looks like a less crazy version of Syazel from Bleach.

On another secondary note, this shows ED is catchy as fuck.

so last week, it reminded me of D. Gray Man with better art and a faster pace.

now it feels like watching something by CLAMP.
(granted, the overtones were there before, they just dialed it up to eleven now)

not sure how I feel about it overall, but the fact that they seem to be fighting what is basically
a Chaos incursion a la Warhammer
is definitely intriguing

At this point, this show kind of reminds me of K. Bad ass character comes and rescue a confused and wimpy kid with white hair. Eventually their thrown into a battle between warring groups and the white haired character is more strange then he himself is even aware of. Not to mention the bishie moments and awesome animation. Not sure if I should stick around with this anime or not.

Back