Suggest tags for MANGA entries

sothis

Forum Moderator
Anime-Planet Founder
Developer
Suggest tags here to be added or removed from any MANGA in the database.

Browse all existing manga tags here. If you have a NEW tag in mind to be added, request it here.

How to submit changes
-------------------------------------
- Find a manga that you think needs updating. Remember that this tag must be the primary focus of the title - if it's something that only happens in a few episodes or is a minor point, it would not be tagged

- REQUIRED: Post the name of the manga AND the URL of it here on A-P

- REQUIRED: include the reason why this title deserves the tag. Use the posted description as a guidepost and give examples/other info as to why it fits. Submissions that do not include this information will be automatically denied

- If you see someone else's submission and can confirm, please reply doing so, and make sure to include the 'why'

Thanks for helping out!

Common questions

Isekai / Trapped in a Video Game themes
"Trapped in a video game" series are tricky. We selectively tag Isekai for these series only if it's known that the video game world they are transported to is real, or if the characters are not sure. Most of these series do not fit the Isekai category - they are trapped in the video game in spirit but their body is in the real world. A few examples of series that do get this additional Isekai tag: Death March, Overlord, How to NOT Summon a Demon Lord, and Log Horizon.

Last edited:
https://www.anime-planet.com/manga/make-him-cry
tags that need to be added: sexual abuse, mature themes, physical abuse,sexual content, blood, drug use,violence
Examples:
In chapter 2, we see ML cry in arousal and whip his back that’s full of blood. He’s known to be a masochist since childhood
In Chapter 3, FL kidnaps ML, strips him naked, whips his bloody back even further and rapes him on the spot using her fingers.
In chapter 5, FL makes him strip naked and starts to peg him.
In chapter 6 the forced sex continues with FL choking ML by the neck and FL has an idea to have a cross go up ML’s butthole. He doesn’t want this but she does it anyways. Later on we see ML feel traumatised by it all which is disturbing to say the least.
In chapter 7, first scene shows ML lying on the ground with cum on top of him. FL tries to “make it up” to ML. However she actually drugs him and ties him up naked. Then makes him show himself at the priest who raised him as a child.
In chapter 8, we see that ML gets pierced on his nipples by FL and wears a bdsm tightrope under his priest clothes

The Drug Use tag no longer exists, and we've never had a Blood tag. The rest you suggested have been added.
:ramen:

Gobbling the Goblin: https://www.anime-planet.com/manga/gobbling-the-goblin

Would like to suggest including josei, adult, mature, and smut tags to this work. There is a sex scene beginning in chapter 2 and full-frontal, uncensored male and female nudity beginning in chapter 3. Thanks <3

Josei is denied, this demographic tag is not for Korean webtoons or other non-Japanese content, as it is based on the magazine the comic ran in.

"Adult" and "Mature" are not tags on this site. We have "Adult Couples", which does not appear to fit since neither of these characters are human, and we have "Mature Themes" which is for mature topics like rape, suicide, and prostitution, not sexual content.

"Smut" has been added, along with "Explicit Sex" and some other tags that fit like "Non-Human Protagonists", "Animal Characteristics", and "Interspecies Relationship". Thanks for submitting!

:drink:

https://www.anime-planet.com/manga/the-summer-hikaru-died
So this is technically not a BL officially. It's never been marketed as one on the site it's posted to (and is currently not tagged as BL or Romance), the mangaka doesn't mention it being a BL anywhere on their Twitter, and no retailers have it listed as BL. Therefore, I think the BL and Shounen-ai tags should be removed since if it was intended to be BL there would be some kind of official indication somewhere.

The LGBT Themes tag can stay, as it does deal with same-sex attraction and related issues (I'm behind on the manga, but these are a central theme). But in my opinion the BL tags shouldn't be used if it's not officially being marketed as BL.
We have other things on the site that are not marketed as BL that have the tag, such as "Yuri on Ice" and "Killing Stalking", but it was decided to keep the BL tags on them for discoverability. Since the same-sex attraction of the MCs are a central theme in this series as well, the BL tags fit the site guidelines.

We have other things on the site that are not marketed as BL that have the tag, such as "Yuri on Ice" and "Killing Stalking", but it was decided to keep the BL tags on them for discoverability. Since the same-sex attraction of the MCs are a central theme in this series as well, the BL tags fit the site guidelines.
I think what confused me is that My Love Mix-Up! isn't tagged as BL/Shounen-ai even though it's about a m/m relationship, so I assumed that the tags aren't used in cases where the series is focused more on the LGBT side of things. It's not officially marketed as a BL either, and that's part of why I thought it might be worth mentioning Hikaru.

The guidelines do make sense, I think I'm just overthinking it. Sorry!

Josei is denied, this demographic tag is not for Korean webtoons or other non-Japanese content, as it is based on the magazine the comic ran in.

"Adult" and "Mature" are not tags on this site. We have "Adult Couples", which does not appear to fit since neither of these characters are human, and we have "Mature Themes" which is for mature topics like rape, suicide, and prostitution, not sexual content.

"Smut" has been added, along with "Explicit Sex" and some other tags that fit like "Non-Human Protagonists", "Animal Characteristics", and "Interspecies Relationship". Thanks for submitting!

don't know how to like the post, but seen! thank you <3

Back