Final Approach

L

Lucky

Final Approach

Synopsis, screenshots, recommendations ~ Add Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here; reviews and final impressions should be posted in the Anime Reviews Forum. Post format and full rules can be found here.

So, anyone else watching this little gem? Cute chibiness at times, total bitchiness of female lead and uber-cuteness of male lead's sister. Plus it actually has quite an entertaining plot. It's definitely not your average harem anime, that's for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah this is a great little find. I'm rooting for Emiho atm, although it doesn't seems ment to be. :crying:

Shizuka-chan is just too cute not to like. Emiho on the other hand is a cheating whore.

Shizuka is a megalomanical control freak who needs to be slapped some sence into. Preferably with a baseball bat.
Yeah, Emiho is the only "normal" girl, so I'm definitely rooting for her, but knowing this particular genre, it's probably going to be Shizuka. And we'll get some moralizing on the topic of how abusive control freak gals are somehow good deep inside. Bleh.

I see nothing wrong with megalomanical control freaks. i like it when girls are in control. leaves me with less to do. and yes she's good deep down inside, do i have to show u pictures now? Emiho is definitely normal, only a normal girl would cheat when she's already bethrothed. And of course, Emiho knows that Shizuka and whatshisname are already bethrothed/engaged, yet she's still going out with him. Bah. Control freaks all the way, at least they cook/clean/laundry. What has Emiho done besides make him lunch ~.~

(i fail to see why people always go for the side characters.. just like other anime -which i can't remember now- when the main character is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo adorable)

tardo said:
I see nothing wrong with megalomanical control freaks. i like it when girls are in control. leaves me with less to do. and yes she's good deep down inside, do i have to show u pictures now? Emiho is definitely normal, only a normal girl would cheat when she's already bethrothed. And of course, Emiho knows that Shizuka and whatshisname are already bethrothed/engaged, yet she's still going out with him. Bah. Control freaks all the way, at least they cook/clean/laundry. What has Emiho done besides make him lunch ~.~
Well, the difference between Shizuka's megalomania and "girl being in control" is like a difference between a girl who likes to be kissed gently and a cannibal who's into deep sadism. Sure, both action involve lips, and I'm sure that even that cannibal is good deep inside. Of course, it doesn't make her, or Shizuka any less dangerous to people around her.

(i fail to see why people always go for the side characters.. just like other anime -which i can't remember now- when the main character is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo adorable)
That would be because in Shizuka's case, her external beauty emphasizes her internal uglyness very well. But hey, it's anime. We can have megalomanical drama queens with sadistic tendencies have a sappy "good side" to them. :...:

Lucky said:
Well, the difference between Shizuka's megalomania and "girl being in control" is like a difference between a girl who likes to be kissed gently and a cannibal who's into deep sadism. Sure, both action involve lips, and I'm sure that even that cannibal is good deep inside. Of course, it doesn't make her, or Shizuka any less dangerous to people around her.

:laugh:

Aw cmon, if u've ever been to hell and back like me, u'll enjoy the everyday adrenaline of a pyschopath on a rampage. Nothing beats the excitement and the challenge.

and i dont think she's ugly internally.. just oblivious from being sheltered. but that only makes her so damn cute. :love:

tardo said:
Lucky said:

:laugh:

Aw cmon, if u've ever been to hell and back like me, u'll enjoy the everyday adrenaline of a pyschopath on a rampage. Nothing beats the excitement and the challenge.
Err... again, you're not putting things into perspective here. An "everyday adrenaline of a pyschopath on a rampage" is one thing, and
eps 03 and 06 respectivly
a megalomanical drama queen who can summon a squad of commandos to put a person into a gut swing with a flip of her fingers just because she happened to dislike him/her, or who can stalk any of your friends and tape it without even leaving the house
is on quite another level... heck another dimension.

- When mentioning specific details, please spoiler tag them
dreadful

and i dont think she's ugly internally.. just oblivious from being sheltered. but that only makes her so damn cute. :love:

Right... you know, viking kids also lived very sheltered lives. Strict code and all those things, and of course, as kids, they were told to slowly kill birds, bunnies and other fluffy cute critters. And yet, their actions seem pretty moderate compared to some of the things that Shizuka pulls off.

I m rooting for Emiho too, but Shizuka had her moments
when Ryo was mad at her and she walked home in the snow i think that was another self of Shizuka.

ep: 11 (BTW this ep really looked like a final)

That was so close to the breaking point, a bit too close. Well I have a feeling about how this one will probably end. I hope they can make some kind of original ending.

I like Shizuka...
She gets a lot tamer as the series progresses...

ep12 spoiler
Sigh. Now, we all knew how this was going to end, so I'm going to vent in a (hopefully) unique way. I hope Ryo stays Shizuka forever, even after he dies - he deserves the that fate that is worse then hell, and with Shizuka, he's bound to have one =P
One more episode to go.

EDIT: extended the spoiler tag.

How'd I miss this show. The premise is pretty original so I watched the first episode. Definitely some great moments. Shizuka comes off as the type that's fun as an anime character, scary in real life.
I especially liked the part where they called the cops, and she answers, then is on the TV. Quite a good laugh.
BTW Lucky, your reaction itself is a spoiler, given the rest of the thread. Not that I mind. I'll have to watch the rest of this.

Moving the thread to general anime discussion as the show has been fully released now.
P.S. Ending was nice.

Yup the ending was nice.

As she said:
As such, Ryo-sama's days of love and suffering will continue
Good for him. ;p

Maen! this series was really good! I ended up watching all of the eps in a marathon.

I liked it because of many things actually.

It's one of those series where the man doesn't fall head over heel for some hot chick. At first I thought it would be the std harem, dating-sim commedy...he gets angry and ther's a lotta commedy and then life is guud. But he is actually stubborn and doesn't forget what it's all about...and he doesn't really soften up untill late into the series. Mm I liked that alot. Good and different from other similar series. It didn't end up being a harem anime either.

Heh, you can tell Princesssoft has made a lot of fanservice games (also of the more bizarre kind), one of the quotes in the final ep
It feels like I'm marrying brother!
What is it with Princesssoft and incestuous insinuations? Just check out W-Wish for more! :D

DistMan said:
Maen! this series was really good! I ended up watching all of the eps in a marathon.

I liked it because of many things actually.

It's one of those series where the man doesn't fall head over heel for some hot chick. At first I thought it would be the std harem, dating-sim commedy...he gets angry and ther's a lotta commedy and then life is guud. But he is actually stubborn and doesn't forget what it's all about...and he doesn't really soften up untill late into the series. Mm I liked that alot. Good and different from other similar series. It didn't end up being a harem anime either.

I agree on that.
My only problem was that he seemed to accept Shizuka too quickly. It's all rejection after rejection. Even when she comes clean he rejects her, which I found well done. Then he finds her note thanking him, and suddeny it's different? Her simple hidden thanks does more then her tears could? It just struck me as an odd change of heart that came out of the blue. Maybe I missed something.

Princesssoft people probably felt they needed to do a harem ending (guy ending up with all of the girls instead of just one), which would explain episode 13.
For me, episode 12 was THE end. 13 was just a nice fluffy bonus.

Back