Now hiring: tag moderators

sothis

Forum Moderator
Anime-Planet Founder
Developer
For more information about what the tags are, please see this thread.
The tag system will need to be moderated by a team of people who will have the following responsibilities:

-Approve newly suggested tag words
-Approve tags that are user-recommended for each entry (including researching if the tag is appropriate or asking other moderators)
-Remove incorrect or reported tags
-Inputting approved new tag words into a web form

To qualify for this position, you must have ample anime knowledge; this includes having watched a lot of anime, and/or being familiar with additional anime. You must have a reasonable amount of time per week to check out the new tags users have suggested/recommended and to input them into the database. This is an unpaid position, but you will get a snazzy Anime-Planet.com email address and an entry on the staff page once we put it up.
If you are interested, please let me know as soon as possible, as I'd like to have a few people working on this later in the week once the system is in place (mostly it will be inputting initial tags). Let me know if you meet the above qualifications, etc. Thanks!

wow its amazing how few public replies you get to things like this...

how many replies period :p i only got 3 in private messages.

Spence said:
Well I would have replied but that little "you must have ample anime knowledge" was a killer ;)
QFT! :3

What's "ample anime knowledge" anyways? Like in weeks/months/series watched? Any pointers? :o

can i just go running around calling myself a moderator whith out applying, you know eliminate the paperwork. skip a step.

YAY I'M A MODERATOR BOW TO ME!!!!

Since there seems to be a lack of people, I guess I can help with this. I've had a lot of experience working with tags on danbooru and I like to think I have extensive and broad anime knowledge. I can't promise I'll have a lot of time, but I'll do what I can.

i'm to lazy and weird to be a mod.. done it before but i just dont want to dedicate time i dont have.... i nominate "overlord" his serious ways are mod gold...

I'm between jobs right now, so I have a lot of time on my hands. If you're still looking for people, I'd be happy to help out.

Back