Gosick

There aren't as many shows that I'm interested in this season, but I think this might be pretty interesting. At least I hope it is.

I'm really looking forward to this one. I love the sound of the setting, and the plot seems really interesting to me too. :love:

For some reason I managed to miss that this show even existed until I saw this thread. Anyway, I added this to the want to watch list.

I've found the first episode to be enjoyable.
The main girl Victorique is QUITE cute, especially with her Sherlock-esque pipe.

The ship at the end of the episode has the same name as the ghost ship Kujo reads about at the beginning. Coincidence?
There was a bit of humor and detective work. It's 24 eps long so plenty of time for srs bizness.

The first episode wasn't mind-blowing or anything, but it was thoroughly enjoyable. Seems like it'll be one of the better shows this season.

I got some Tintin-vibes when I found out that the show takes place in a fictional European country, hopefully it'll be as interesting mysteries in this show.

The ED was pretty good as well.

meh. pretty stupid.

for a show about mysteries, the mystery was so comically stupid i knew the "killer" before he finished the story.

I'm sorry if you're going to have a generic "doll like" Loli aka "Sherlock Homes" and idiot generic harem style whipping boy aka "Watson", at-least make the mysteries interesting. having the socially retarded loli roll around on the floor is neither cute nor endearing.

blech. the first ep aggravated me more then i expected. not likely going to watch more.

I thought that it was okay. It didn't leave a strong impression on me but I still somewhat enjoyed it. Liked the girl and the guy was okay but nothing special. Hoping that more interesting characters show up in future episodes.

meh. pretty stupid.

for a show about mysteries, the mystery was so comically stupid i knew the "killer" before he finished the story.

Um I don't think "who killed the creepy lady" is the main mystery of the show... it only took up a couple minutes anyway and anyone who DIDN'T know before it is revealed is a little slow:baka:
The mystery is WHY was she killed? What was the motive behind it? Just saying.

I like it. It's going to be a mystery anime! I already love the Gothic Lolita. I was worried she was going to be a straight up tsundere based on way her eyes are drawn, but she's seems actually kind of sweet. Rolling around on the floor was a super cute trait, and her little pipe - I love it.

I'm guessing she's not human, or there's something going on, like maybe a possession. why has see never left the school?

The OP animation made me think this was going to be a stuffy shoujo period piece. But after watching ep 1 I think this has some potential... plus it's studio Bones, so there's that.

Last edited:
The first episode was OK, it wasn't stunning but at least it entertained me. I hope that it improves later and becomes more interesting.

I enjoyed the first episode, it seems the 2 characters will bond well. Also i enjoyed a bit of foreshadowing when he was reading that book about horror.
The book he was reading mentioned 3 stories first one being "The Queen Berry" the ship they are seen boarding at the end of the episode
So ill watch this anime more and i hope to see a good bond form between friends.

The first episode was OK, it wasn't stunning but at least it entertained me. I hope that it improves later and becomes more interesting.

This one. BTW, unicorn hair is Hei from Darker than Black. That fact blew my mind. Twice.

I liked it, the OP made me remember Spice and Wolf II, i loved the ED and the character design of Victorique is cute and different from everything that i have seen till now (i am not saying it is original, because i DON'T know all the animes). I don't care if the mistery is not THAT good, i wanna know more about the main characters.
SO, definitely i will put this one in my list of the season

This remind anyone else of Kurenai? (beyond the obvious VA similiarities)

Murasaki and the blonde girl from Gosick (forgot her name already) aren't really that alike, same for Shinkurou and the main character from Gosick (forgot his name already). If anything it sort of reminds me of Hayate

It's even further removed from the Kure-nai manga, since unlike the anime, the manga doesn't just screw around for more than half the time.

Murasaki and the blonde girl from Gosick (forgot her name already) aren't really that alike, same for Shinkurou and the main character from Gosick (forgot his name already). If anything it sort of reminds me of Hayate

It's even further removed from the Kure-nai manga, since unlike the anime, the manga doesn't just screw around for more than half the time.

How on earth do you get this being like Hayate?

Back