[Request] Number of episodes on ongoing series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kari5

Database Moderator
Silver Supporter
I've noticed pretty much the #1 reason I go to a separate anime site for info is whenever I want to know the length of ongoing shows. I like to check to see if the show is supposed to be 13, 26, or 52 episodes.
Instead of listing "TV (10+ eps)" for ongoing shows, maybe change it to something like "(10/12)"? (Obviously only mark shows whose episode count is known, if not, keep in current format).

the problem is, how do we know if its accurate or not? very frequently things like this change, and if we forget or dont notice and the ep count goes higher, itll say something like "14/12" which will seem very wrong

the problem is, how do we know if its accurate or not? very frequently things like this change, and if we forget or dont notice and the ep count goes higher, itll say something like "14/12" which will seem very wrong

That's what I figured you'd say :p

While that's a valid point in theory, the "current" ep counts have to be updated manually, so whoever is updating it should see that it says "14/12" and change the total ep count at the same time.
You could also make it so that the "total" count is displayed in a grey color instead of the normal black, possibly with an attached "counts in grey are approximate" note underneath.

Yeah, it can change. But in a number of cases, the numbers I find are accurate. Things like Toriko and Naruto, we have no way of knowing how long the series will be. However, things like The World God Only Knows tend to run 12 or 13 episodes a season and the things I see are fairly accurate on those counts.

I agree that we should get something like this in place and make it an understanding that this number can change throughout the season.

I've noticed pretty much the #1 reason I go to a separate anime site for info is whenever I want to know the length of ongoing shows. I like to check to see if the show is supposed to be 13, 26, or 52 episodes.
Instead of listing "TV (10+ eps)" for ongoing shows, maybe change it to something like "(10/12)"? (Obviously only mark shows whose episode count is known, if not, keep in current format).

Hello.

May i ask you why / what for do you need this number of episodes ? (1)

I've been thinking about it for a while and I just can't figure out.

Thanks

(1) : No offense here, I'm just curious about it and want to understand.

Some people are simply curious. Some people don't like very long or very short series (I've seen many people complain that 52 eps is way too long, some even complain about 26 eps, and forget about never-ending ones like naruto or bleach). Other people might not want to start a series until it's near completion, so that they'll be able to watch it quickly without waiting around for the next episode.

Some people are simply curious. Some people don't like very long or very short series (I've seen many people complain that 52 eps is way too long, some even complain about 26 eps, and forget about never-ending ones like naruto or bleach). Other people might not want to start a series until it's near completion, so that they'll be able to watch it quickly without waiting around for the next episode.

Hum... was this an answer to my question ?
Assuming it is, I would say :

"Oh, well... Why don't these people stick to completed series and just wait for the ongoing ones to reach the completed status ?"
Is this question really too naive ? ;)

I mean there is no reason to believe that computer programming is magic... I see no realistic way to predict the definitive number of episodes of an anime until it is finished. (sorry my 'down to earth'-side is showing up ...)

Anyway I'd really appreciate to hear the reason from Kari5. :)

Hum... was this an answer to my question ?
Assuming it is, I would say :

"Oh, well... Why don't these people stick to completed series and just wait for the ongoing ones to reach the completed status ?"
Is this question really too naive ? ;)

I mean there is no reason to believe that computer programming is magic... I see no realistic way to predict the definitive number of episodes of an anime until it is finished. (sorry my 'down to earth'-side is showing up ...)

Anyway I'd really appreciate to hear the reason from Kari5. :)

So if a person from 1999 wanted to watch One Piece, they should wait until it's over? They would have been waiting fourteen years, and who knows how much longer.

Of course you can tell how long certain shows are before they finished. There are TV schedules.

一覧: アニメ - ã—ょã¼ã„カレンダー

Some shows like Aku no Hana actually tell you how long they are. Sometimes the creators announce how long the show will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back