Personal anime lists are back!

sothis

Forum Moderator
Anime-Planet Founder
Developer
Whew!!! ^_^;;;

I'm beyond pleased to announce that the personal anime list functionality is back. Features include:

-Get to your anime list via the little profile box in the upper right of the site (the "my anime" link)

-Links in your profile point to your list, filtered by type (ie, watched, watching, etc). Clicking "anime stats" goes to the full list with all statuses.

-Filter once you are in your list by status, alphabetical letter (this is new), or regular pages like the old site. You can do a combo of filter / letter as well.

-Set status/rating/episodes easily from your anime list

-Look at someone else's list and still have the ability to filter (but you can't mark status unless you are on your own list)

MAKE SURE YOU REFRESH THE PAGE AND CLEAR CACHE WHEN LOOKING AT YOUR LIST. If you don't, you'll see a long vertical list of page numbers due to css caching.

TO DO / known issues

1. graphic-wise, it's not awesome. We need to re-add the stuff at the top of the anime list with the user's avatar and anime status, at minimum.

2. if you have no anime on a certain letter or in the list at all, the experience sucks. we'll add a faq-type image for people with nothing in their list later, and improve spacing/appearance for no anime in a certain letter later.

3. In opera, pages sometimes jump to the next line

4. Star images in IE7/FF jump a bit when you hover (this happens throughout the site though,its a known issue)

5. "watched with no recs" needs to come back

when i started AP i saw it immediatly, sothis and team, thank you sooooo much for all the hard work you guys/girls did for us :love:

I thought it was Danke Sehr!

(I had a lot of work to do with the watching and want to watch lists, lol)

One minor bug: Series with multiple names in the database are listed multiple times in the lists. For example, in my watching list you will see both "ah my goddess ova" and "oh my goddess ova", both "knights of the zodiac" and "saint seiya", etc.

One minor bug: Series with multiple names in the database are listed multiple times in the lists. For example, in my watching list you will see both "ah my goddess ova" and "oh my goddess ova", both "knights of the zodiac" and "saint seiya", etc.

Yeah I'd noticed that too. It scared me at first, made my watching list look bigger than it was, thought 'Damn, I need to finish some of this!'

I was going to say something about this too. It could be really missleading if someone looks at another's list. They will be missleaded if they don't know the alternate titles of shows.

While looking at the list I noticed that Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei's alternate title is Goodbye, Despair Teacher. That sounds like really bad English. I thought it was So Long Mr. Despair. Anyway that isn't important.

This has also happened with my watched list, displaying both Furi Kuri and FLCL. .__.'

first things first, Thank You for all the work on the site!

this happens in browsing anime lists, too. for example in E are listed both end of evangelion and evangelion - end of evangelion.

also, after doing a ctrl refresh for my watching list, the rating stars in the anime info pages appear on a new line on ff3. same for ie6.
in the anime lists they appear in the right place. is this happening for anyone else?

multiple titles of the same name have showed up in the lists since V2, this is not a new feature :p

it's because some people look for the english and some the japanese - titles displayed are R1, R2, and a well known alternate if any or all o fthe 3 exist. but again, this has happened since V2 on both the site and anime lists.

Nope, didn't happen in the v2 personal lists (not sure about the alpha lists, since there are just too many entries there to keep track of). I know this for a fact because 1) I copied/pasted the text directly from the v2 lists into a text file before the site went down, then compared the new list to that to make sure all my watching series were updated, and 2) I printed to pdf my lists before the site went down.
V2 watching list: http://allspark.net/cypherswipe/anime-1b.pdf
current watching list: Drahken's Anime List - Anime-Planet

Back