Ro-Kyu-Bu ~ Fast Break!

TheCoffeeGod

[sadht]Ro-Kyu-Bu![/sadht][sadhl=4214]ro-kyu-bu[/sadhl][sadhdc][/sadhdc]

Sentai picked this up and said they got streaming rights as well, though unsure if they're going to simulcast or not (ep. 01 already aired).
If they do simulcast, I guess I'll be watching this, so I might as well make a thread on it now.

Re: Ro-Kyu-Bu!

I…might have underestimated this anime. The second episode was serious, dramatic, entertaining, and not at all ecchi. It’s like watching a completely different anime from the perverted and uninteresting first episode.

I had the same feeling about it. Although it's not nearly the best anime of the season, it has sparked my interest from that second episode - well, at least moreso than the first. I still don't expect too much from it, but seeing how the mood and setting can change so drastically in one episode, I will continue to watch. I do expect the next few episodes to be not as serious, but hopefully the plot will develop more later on.
Well, I suppose the episode wasn't that serious as it's still about lolis playing basketball, but it was serious for this type of anime. I'm glad that he decided to continue coaching the girl's team, but that was to be expected. What I wasn't expecting was the reason as to why they needed him to coach so bad - but of course, I'm positive that the girls will win against the boys (after all, Tomoka did beat the boys by herself BEFORE the other girls had any training...). XD Eh, I guess the anime will be predictable in most points, but I'm sure there will be a few surprises~

I hope this doesn't disappoint me. I've never been able to get into sports anime before, and I'm actually beginning to like this one. (Only sports anime i finished was FAULT!!, which was hentai)

It seems promising, and the drama adds a nice touch, but I'm sort of hoping those 2 don't end up in a relationship. By "those 2", you should know what i mean, i just can't remember their names. It just seems wrong for those 2 to be together.

wow... was that the same anime?

i nearly dropped it in ep 1 because it looked like a moeblob oversexualized loli-fanservice anime... and i really wasn't looking forward to that. ep 2 however introduced some plot, character building, dropped the fanservice completely and suddenly became a sports anime.

wild change of direction which i approve of. With a little luck and a solid plot this might become as good as bamboo blade was, as long as they stay away from the pointless fanservice and oversexualized lolis (how old are those girls? 10? that was really creepy in ep 1)

I didn't dislike the first episode, but the second certainly shows some great potential for this series. Let's hope they can keep it up.

eo 3

and the pointless fanservice returned with a vengeance in this ep. ugh.

I'll probably watch 4 just to see how they wrap this arc up, but that will probably be the last ep of this anime i watch.

Am I the only one who gets great enjoyment from watching this show because of how ridiculously stupid it is?

Episode 3

I completely DISAGREE with your new opinions. XD If anything, this episode made even more an improvement over the first episode than the second one accomplished. Sure, some of the fan service was revived, but I can feel Ro-Kyu-Bu! is honestly trying to be not just another loli. And the way it ended is adding more to the drama and has me wanting more! I feel bad at my initial opinion of this anime, because the first episode only does harm to the anime’s image.

Maybe it's from my lack of watched loli or sports anime, but I'm enjoying this.

Episode 3

I completely DISAGREE with your new opinions. XD If anything, this episode made even more an improvement over the first episode than the second one accomplished. Sure, some of the fan service was revived, but I can feel Ro-Kyu-Bu! is honestly trying to be not just another loli. And the way it ended is adding more to the drama and has me wanting more! I feel bad at my initial opinion of this anime, because the first episode only does harm to the anime’s image.

Maybe it's from my lack of watched loli or sports anime, but I'm enjoying this.

i'd probably be nicer if it felt like a sports anime when they played the game. it doesn't. it felt like they were trying to get the game out of the way as fast as possible so they could get back to the cute girls doing cute things + getting undressed, or dressing in fetish clothing.

part of why this ep disappointed me so much is how they spent less time doing the training montage and playing the game, then they spent on harem high jinx and fan-service.

Too much useless fanservice, but i guess i'll watch this one, because of Kana Hanazawa, XDXDXD

Finally caught up.

Eps. 1-5

This, is the worst of the three TAN simulcasts, though that doesn't make it bad by any means, just not up to par with the other two.

In fact, if they wouldn't have made nude/fetish loli a major focus in this as they have with these first 5 eps. it would be a serious contender as the best of the three.

The drama aspects are unusually well done for this type of series.
The story (at least thus far) has actually had focus and purpose.
And the comedy aspect is always fun for me.

It's the fact that they spend way too much time on the loli fanservice that really drags this series down. It is kind of like the writers didn't have any confidence in their ability to captivate the audience with their obvious love for the sport, so they decided to pander to the fanservice crowd and try to win them over with lolis.

i wonder ...is any of this a reaction to the Ishihara manga and anime ban....

It's not an outright ban, just a restriction, but yeah, I kind of thought that myself.
It's sorta like a big "Fuck You!" to the ordinance.

episode 3.... "Small Forward!" I almost died. This show is not as bad as it seemed at first. I'm on episode 4 now. I like Kana Hanazawa, but that freaking noise she keeps making is so annoying. Aaaaaaaahhhhh! For me it's all about the blonde, the tall girl, and the one that's actually good at basketball.

the 5th episode was trash from start to finish. so bad i'm not sure i'll watch another. the constant loli bathing was bad enough but then they added pointless harem rom/com generic comedy to the mix. Dude. that coach will end up in jail with his high school coach before the end of the season if this crap keeps up.

the only thing missing is the "fall - grope" from this mess.

After reading the comments, it looks like I'm part of a small group that love's this anime XD. Just gonna say this real quick before you people jump to conclusion... In bold just in case, I'm not a lolicon. Anything cute attracts my attention... Like Rena from Higurashi, but I really could do without all the fanservice they do in this anime.

episode 3.... "Small Forward!" I almost died. This show is not as bad as it seemed at first. I'm on episode 4 now. I like Kana Hanazawa, but that freaking noise she keeps making is so annoying. Aaaaaaaahhhhh! For me it's all about the blonde, the tall girl, and the one that's actually good at basketball.

Whenever she says, "Aaaahhhh!" it makes me laugh. XD Yeah, Maho and Kana are the best. I'm starting to like Natsuhi more than the main guy.

After reading the comments, it looks like I'm part of a small group that love's this anime XD. Just gonna say this real quick before you people jump to conclusion... In bold just in case, I'm not a lolicon. Anything cute attracts my attention... Like Rena from Higurashi, but I really could do without all the fanservice they do in this anime.

I'm not a lolicon either, I don't like to watch ecchi anime that are just about the ecchi, and sports anime are my least favorite, but I'm liking this very much.

the 5th episode was trash from start to finish. so bad i'm not sure i'll watch another. the constant loli bathing was bad enough but then they added pointless harem rom/com generic comedy to the mix. Dude. that coach will end up in jail with his high school coach before the end of the season if this crap keeps up.

the only thing missing is the "fall - grope" from this mess.

"Constant loli bathing"? They don't even do it every episode, and when they do, it's for about 25 seconds; I just skip those few parts. I'm able to overlook everything because out of the five anime I'm watching/attempting to keep up, this unfortunately is the only one that has a plot...and it's good, imo. But of course it'd be even better if the main character was either taken out or all of the fan service was gone, or both, and this was turned into a family friendly anime with the drama still intact. If I let this sort of stuff get to me, most of the romance anime I've seen I would of had to drop and not watch.

I wasn't stating that like this anime are lolicon's, just in case people started to get the wrong idea, and as for sports anime, I've only liked this one and Prince of Tennis

Finished up ep. 07

hmm.gif

Is it just me, or does it seem kind of like an episode was skipped between ep. 06 & ep. 07?

I mean, when we left off at the end of ep. 06...

Subaru was hiding in the gym vault, just about to be found.
Leaving off with quite a cliffhanger.

Then ep. 07 rolls around...

It's starts off with Airi dreaming about when she was young and fell in the water.
Then jumps to Subaru & Tomoka together shopping for shoes for Tomoka.

hmm.gif

Since it's not even mentioned, at least once, it's kind of like the whole end of ep. 06 thing never happened.

Not to mention, it feels like a good chunk of story is just outright missing from the progression.

Back