Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - Anime-Planet forum

Go Back   Anime-Planet forum > Anime and Manga Discussion > Specific Anime Discussion

Notices

Old 07-17-2003, 06:47 PM   #1
Modesty81
Anime Fan in Training

Default Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex

Synopsis, screenshots, recommendations ~ Add Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here; reviews and final impressions should be posted in the Anime Reviews Forum. Post format and full rules can be found here.

Just started on this show, seemed kind of good, but noticed that there are only 18 eps out of 26.. why is that? because i havent seen any eps get released in a long time from ghost in the shell so i asumed that it was done, but so its not.. soo why are only 18 eps out?

Last edited by rockenroll4life; 10-01-2008 at 01:20 AM.
Modesty81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2003, 07:33 PM   #2
kaziks
Anime Fan in Training

Send a message via MSN to kaziks

Seems only two episodes are aired a month, or thats what I've heard.
kaziks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2003, 07:52 PM   #3
Freakzilla

That's correct. In Japan this show is being aired on a special pay-per-view channel, and 2 episodes are done a month.

It is a 26 episode series.

-Freakzilla
Old 07-18-2003, 02:07 PM   #4
Modesty81
Anime Fan in Training

aha i see thanx :D
Modesty81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2003, 08:03 PM   #5
Slayer
Otaku

Send a message via ICQ to Slayer Send a message via AIM to Slayer Send a message via MSN to Slayer Send a message via Yahoo to Slayer

Can someone explain to me where the Tachikomias come into it?

I have like 6 of the little Spider Tanks videos.... Where the hell do these fall within the series?

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2003, 08:15 PM   #6
-=Masakari=-
Grumpy Twenty-something Old Timer
Anime Fan in Training

Send a message via AIM to -=Masakari=-

They're all-purpose combat/stealth robots used by the agency in various activities... primarily surveillance and fire support.

The preceding post has been officially endorsed by Usamaru Furuya's Bondage Bear.
-=Masakari=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2003, 02:52 AM   #7
Euxinus
Anime Fan in Training

On a side note it is true that there where a Hugeh timegap betwen ep 16 and 17 (aprox 2 months ? which si weird). 17 and 18 was just rolled out these last weeks anones 18 come out yesterday even.. of course if yo go with Ani_kraze liek em 17 ans 18 come out 1.5 week ago. but not to long a time imho...
Euxinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2003, 09:30 AM   #8
Freakzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euxinus
On a side note it is true that there where a Hugeh timegap betwen ep 16 and 17 (aprox 2 months ? which si weird). 17 and 18 was just rolled out these last weeks anones 18 come out yesterday even.. of course if yo go with Ani_kraze liek em 17 ans 18 come out 1.5 week ago. but not to long a time imho...
I don't believe so. 15 and 16 were broadcast in May, and 17 and 18 were supposed to have been broadcast in June, with 19 and 20 in July. I hadn't heard anything about them being delayed though.... if they were, people would have presumably been talking about it at the Production IG forums for the show (at http://www.productionig.com/forums/)

I have no idea why it took fansub groups so long to get to fansubbing 17 and 18.

Apparently 19 and 20 have now both aired in Japan, according to a recent posting at the forums.

-Freakzilla
Old 07-19-2003, 02:50 PM   #9
Mereel1138

Also...to the one who asked about how the Tachikoma Specials fit in...well...i'm not really sure except they started comming out around april or may of this year...and there are about 10 out, the last i checked......they don't seem to have any impact on the continuity of the show but instead add just odd little skits......sort of like the Chibi bits at the end of Hellsing eps......and given the wacky nature of the Tachikomas...despite the well formed CG models, i'd still say its SD, if only for thier minds...
Old 07-19-2003, 03:14 PM   #10
smash
Anime Fan in Training

Send a message via ICQ to smash Send a message via AIM to smash Send a message via Yahoo to smash

yah, ep 19 and 20 aired a few weeks ago

/me flacs you
smash is offline   Reply With Quote