Seraph of the End

Episode 1

That was very promising.... until I saw the next episode preview.

Episode 1

I'm right there with Etue. This series was beginning to look very promising until I got to the preview and saw that they'd be in some sort of high school next episode. Fortunately, I've been told that this whole school section should only last a few episodes and I'm hoping that's true.

I'm surprised they killed off the entire cast of children in one fell swoop. I thought his main friend and that one girl would be important characters throughout the story, but nope! I definitely didn't expect the vampire to kill off his friend that easily since he had such "delicious blood".

I just hope they don't go ahead and kill off countless characters throughout the series before we even get the chance to actually care about them.

hmm......not liking the animation and censoring much. the premise was nice but I don't know about this one.........

I didn't see any censoring.

Episode 1.
All the annoying characters are dead by the end of the episode.
I like.

Preview indicated a cheesy magic school show.
I no like.

Someone answer me this, does a character have a scythe as a weapon?

One of them does (I believe it was one of the female leads).
Yeah, the first chapter of the manga fooled me as well. At least the art looks pretty, the voice acting is nice as well. The school thing shouldn't last more than an episode or two, but it's not like it gets any better after that.

Episode 1

That was very promising.... until I saw the next episode preview.

When I saw Etue posting here, I thought it was an oppai show. Instead, it's vampires and laser swords. Looks dumb, possibly Valvrave dumb.
I'm so in.

So you're telling me to either 1) Give up on it now, or 2) At least give it a few episodes before maybe picking it up based on opinions?

Eeeh, I think it could be best described as Attack on Titan with vampires, but more... generic and dull in its story? Judging by the PVs the action's gonna look amazing though.

When I saw Etue posting here, I thought it was an oppai show. Instead, it's vampires and laser swords. Looks dumb, possibly Valvrave dumb.
I'm so in.

Silly Thrawn by this time you should know that I watch almost all the things!

Three school episodes sounds like a bother, but I'll survive, I hope.

But... you watch all the good shit! And the titty shows!
I didn't understand the school bit until the preview, which is some kind of fuckery.

Episode 1

I thought that Genon bit was the actual show beginning. Instead, it's a plane before it crashes.

Vampire, vampire, she is a vampire, he is dead, she's totally a vampire, lulerz, crash, totally called it on the plane crash. And shit got wrecked before the Vampire overlords in their spiffy garb walk out like cultists.

Haha, fuck humanity, VAMPIRES FOR LIFE

Those kids are gonna die. Especially the small one. That Red Coat kid, he's gonna live.

Vomiting blood? That's gonna scar him.

Orphanage? Are you shitting me? As a vamp, that's where I would check first. All that young flesh, am I right :megus- wait, what?

I am sure they are vampires.

Red and Blondie, total future bros.

Victorian England in Japan, nice!

I knew they were bros!

This is like The Matrix, except for blood and it's totally not like it.

Yeah, fight the power! Rebel against the near immortal vampire overlords with magical vamp powers!

Aw shit, they're gonna get it for drawing and- oh, the Vampires don't even give a shit.
Man, they really aren't giving a single fuck about him.
Zero fucks man. Absolutely zero.

Only until the gorgeous vampire shows up to stop them from tossing the kid from the bridge. Vampire precog- WHAT THE FUCK MAN STRANGER DANGER STRANGER DANGER PEDO VAMPIRE ALERT

Oh fuck man, this just got so fucking wrong. It's like that show Brad said we should watch, but less creepy and soul sullifying.

No comment.

Yeah, offer your body to the Vampire Pedolords.

She's probably gonna die.
She likes him. Like likes him, so she is definitely gonna die.

Old lady is probably dead- Oh, right, she was that corpse at the start.

I am glad his father is dead.

At least let them be eating food...

So many of those little adorable kids are gonna die.

I feel like curry.

Wut.

Mika is with the pedo. But he can't say that.

Haha! That kid getting his good food taken away is hilarious!

How tsundere. And I'm surprised Blondie looks none worse for wear despite a slight tinge of despair in his eyes.

I could use some- AW SHIT SON HE FUCKING STOLE A GUN
Dang, where did he get the gun? And the map?
Nice, it's not being answered.
Oh, it is.

Yeah, run and leave those kids behind, the deadweights.

Yeah, how convenient.

Most will die if they go with you two.
Again, Brunette is gonna die.

Haha! It's funny because he doesn't know how true it is.

Does look gorgeous in it's desolate wasteland appearance.
Really does look gorgeous. Bet they put most of it into animation and said "Fuck plot and dialogue".

Voices- OH SHIT MAN THAT VAMP IS SAVVY BY WALKING BRISKLY BACK TO CHECK

Lol, they think they're safe. Dumbasses.

Pedolord is so there.

How convenient, he's there for the kids.

Oh shit son, he just vamp jumped and snatched the little girl!

Haha! They're gonna get caught!
Man, Way to go MC, you got all the little kids killed. Way to fuck it all up.

Aw dang, he almost had him.
WOO INEFFECTUAL HEAD SHOT

Just run bro, he's dead. That gaping stomach wound should be clear enough.

This almost reminds me of Valvrave, except everybody didn't die in the first episode. But the twists, definitely.

Good start, with twists, vampires, creepy vampires and blood. Great setting and art direction, despair and so much hope crushing that it's orgasmic. How can it go wrong?

And the preview:
:seriously: The fuck is this shit?

Aside from the "I want to exterminate ____" thing, I'm not seeing an AOT resemblance.

My bros made the AOT reference as well.

Guy is typical revenge shounen kid.

after showing his childhood tradgedy a time skip occurs

Dedicates his life to killing the "enemy of the human race" and joins a special force made to do just that.

Humans are the underdogs

The basic frame work is all there, doubt it will be anywhere as entertaining though.

what remains to be seen is if the lead character has any special ability that gives him an actual advantage over the vampires ala Eren yager.

If that happens, that'd be pretty much all the parallels this show needs. By the looks of it, I think we can count on that happening.

Whats that you say? The soundtracks made by Sawano Hiroyuki? Im in, dont even care about the content of the show anymore ;)
Nah, the concept does sound fairly decent, havent watched the episode yet though.

I liked the first episode. When they were all walking around together I got kind of a From the New World vibe, and the soundtrack definitely added to that. Didn't see the next episode preview, but I'll be giving this one a chance for sure.

My bros made the AOT reference as well.

Guy is typical revenge shounen kid.

after showing his childhood tradgedy a time skip occurs

Dedicates his life to killing the "enemy of the human race" and joins a special force made to do just that.

Humans are the underdogs

The basic frame work is all there, doubt it will be anywhere as entertaining though.

what remains to be seen is if the lead character has any special ability that gives him an actual advantage over the vampires ala Eren yager.

If that happens, that'd be pretty much all the parallels this show needs. By the looks of it, I think we can count on that happening.

You just described a lot of shows. Not just AoT. Maybe AoT isn't as original as you thought it was.

Back