Fairy Tail 2

NaLu confirmed for 2014. (idk)

Though tbh it feels like we waited so long for another standard FT episode which was sort of disappointing.

I guess it was okay but IMO Fairy Tail is just okay anyways.

Not just the OP, the ED was amazing too. Surprisingly. I expected one of them to be good while the other, not my style of music. But aside the point.

Episode 1 (176)
Shocking. I knew the animation was gonna change. I somewhat disliked it when it was used in the movie because I've gotten used to the first season but the episode goes on, I've appreciated it. Very nice.
Then there's the scene with the Sabertooth guild and what the fuck; there's death, blood. Death and blood. The hell? Am I watching Fairy Tail? The same anime that doesn't endorse this sort of stuff in the first season? It came as a shock for me. Still indecisive whether or not its a good thing.
Then there's the history of the dragons, which actually made me interested in how this arc goes. Though, the flashforward kept my interest very low, reminiscing of the first season. 1 was enough. No need for another.

Overall, I'm real happy how the episode went. I was gonna continue watching this just for completionist but now, I'm very much interested to see how A-1 do their thing. =p

So this one has blood? thats more like it!
Glad they added it else animation of arcs to come would suck, considering how dark and how seriously perverted it is.

Starting ep 1

Not just the OP, the ED was amazing too. Surprisingly. I expected one of them to be good while the other, not my style of music. But aside the point.

Yeah, the ED is just as great. I was really surprised, since the EDs in the first series were all chibified and cutesy. I liked them, but it's nice to see something new for a change. And there's also the fact that the OP and ED are both Natsu x Lucy and I think they are the cutest couple. >_>

Episode 1 (176)
Shocking. I knew the animation was gonna change. I somewhat disliked it when it was used in the movie because I've gotten used to the first season but the episode goes on, I've appreciated it. Very nice.
Then there's the scene with the Sabertooth guild and what the fuck; there's death, blood. Death and blood. The hell? Am I watching Fairy Tail? The same anime that doesn't endorse this sort of stuff in the first season? It came as a shock for me. Still indecisive whether or not its a good thing.
Then there's the history of the dragons, which actually made me interested in how this arc goes. Though, the flashforward kept my interest very low, reminiscing of the first season. 1 was enough. No need for another.

Overall, I'm real happy how the episode went. I was gonna continue watching this just for completionist but now, I'm very much interested to see how A-1 do their thing. =p

I wasn't too found of it in the movie either. But the studio that worked on the movie was just A-1 Pictures, and this new series is done by A-1 and Bridge together. They're making a pretty big difference so far. I was completely blown away by how everything, and everyone, looked. Especially Gajeel. I think he benefited the most out of all of this.

I'm really happy to see FT back again. I don't know why, but it always gets me excited and puts me in a good mood. :love:

I can't actually remember what the songs sounded like. They didn't empress me. It doesn't matter because I'm just glad the show is back.

I personally feel like they jumped the gun with the flash forwards they added.

I feel like there was no real bridge between the Dragon Slayer battle and when Gajeel discovered the graveyard. But then again, it was pretty similar to the manga, so I guess I can't complain TOO much.

I am seriously fan girling so hard.:love:

I personally feel like they jumped the gun with the flash forwards they added.

I feel like there was no real bridge between the Dragon Slayer battle and when Gajeel discovered the graveyard. But then again, it was pretty similar to the manga, so I guess I can't complain TOO much.
I thought it was quite nice to start with the flash forward, since it's definitely eye catching. But I would have liked to get some more flash backs though from the first season. It has been a while that I've seen Fairy Tail after all, and I've forgotten some details in the meantime.

Nevertheless, I quite enjoyed the first episode of this second season. :)

Episode 176:
I was awesome! I missed this show :3
I feel like they changed the style a little ... and I like it a lot eventhough the change is very small.

Episode 2 (177)
Wow, 1st on AP rankings. That's quite the surprise.

Even though I'm contradicting myself from last week, its still hard to watch this new style of animation. Especially how they alter some of the character designs, some a bit subtle but not as subtle as what they did to Kabo. Oh dear god, what did they do to him? His head looks as though its rotting.
I think the highlight of this episode is the Eclipse Project and time travel.
:seriously:
I do feel agitated by the idea of time travel but whatever. I think its the best excuse to bringing back Lecter. And the time traveling aspect raises a lot of speculations. I should maybe write them down and check if I'm going to be right. =)

EP1:
I actually like the new animation... feels more mature... or polished I would say.
Since I already know the story from manga, I can enjoy the animation.
And I'm looking forward to the epic ending of Grand Magic Games animated :D

Episode 2

Lately it's just been exposition so it's kind of boring.

I don't really care for Lucy being in danger and defenseless, well, again. And I suppose after traveling into an alternate universe where cats ruled the world, time travel isn't that far-fetched in this universe (which isn't a criticism but more of an observation).

Though I do think as predictable as FT can be sometimes if the time travel is gone through with there will be some unexplained consequences that will somehow involve them having to protect Zeref or something. Or it could be related to the fire and Lucy crying to Natsu's face for unexplained uncanon-ship pushing.

And yeah the character designs are becoming a bit more grating. Wendy to me is the most, mostly because her eyes take up her entire face from her chin to forehead. (Exaggeration but you get the point.)

Still not enough Erza.

And on another note I don't know how the heck Fairy Tail is #1 after ONE episode. Is it really that hyped..?

FT is most Overhyped show ever made

They consider it to be better then OP and holygrail of shounen >.>

FT is most Overhyped show ever made

They consider it to be better then OP and holygrail of shounen >.>

I've never heard anyone say any of this.

The rating will go down over time as more people start watching it and it starts being rated by others who aren't as big a fan. Rankings always get a little goofy when the first few episodes of a popular show start, especially if it's a continuation.

I don't mind the new animation personally, but then again, I am not fluent in Japanese so I'm usually caught reading the subs so I can't fully take in the artwork

It's enjoyable but wtf it's so repetitive why do people like it so much :flip:

(and I'm not putting anyone's opinion down just asking .-.)

Yea apparently the nakama power is best power :seriously:

I've never heard anyone say any of this.

The rating will go down over time as more people start watching it and it starts being rated by others who aren't as big a fan. Rankings always get a little goofy when the first few episodes of a popular show start, especially if it's a continuation.
Hop over to FB sometimes, join a few anime groups u'll find 100's of thousands :...:. And we have atleast 850 huge fans here who voted it for 4.7 avg :nervous:

Aside from Lucy having awkward head shapes at times, I like this new animation style, I love the new OP and ED and I love the new feel!

Episode 1 was absolutely great, and not in that shounen cheese way, I legitimately thought it was amazing. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Back