Toward the Terra TV

Re: Toward the Terra (2007)

Meh. Seen one episode. Was alright. Didn't rock my boat. But worth following further, definitely.

I've watched 3 episodes of this so far. Everything about it is very well done, but the plot devices are perhaps a bit tired. I think it is great for someone looking for an "easy" show, but I don't think it will hold some one who prefers the energy of something like Darker than Black.

Having just watched episode 6, I'm pleasantly surprised to say that it may exceed my expectations. Without spoiling, it was entirely devoid of "Jomy" and focused on his childhood friend Sam. Now I'm curious to see where the shows taking me :cow:

I agree. My first impression was rather naff, but it's picked up a bit. Jomy is one of the blandest characters I've ever seen, and there's something about this anime that lacks real dynamism. But Keith is intriguing. Sam is also likable. Swena pisses me off. But there you go, can't have everything.

PS. https://www.anime-planet.com/anirec/1105.html

Episode 7: This anime is on the verge of brilliance. If it pushes on just a little longer like this, it will be a very, very interesting series. I'm glad my initial appraisal was wrong and that the beautiful animation was not wasted. *happy sigh*

Ep 8: Keith Anyan definitely makes this anime. Although looking forward to being reintroduced to a wiser, more powerful Jomy.

Let's hope that Jomy comes back as a more interesting character. Episode 8 was a pretty satisfying watch. The last bit at the end makes me wonder
just how intact Shiroe's memory is after having been put back in the tank. He's looking pretty strung out in that last panel.

I'm wondering how come he survived the adulthood exams when it looked like he was a candidate for Mu-ness... you know, when Jomy was like 'come with me, man!'

I do really like Shiroe, though. I think he's half what made this anime so interesting. He matches Keith in every way, but is not a damned robot.

Ep 9. Can't say as I saw that coming. Keith has a lot to think about. The show just went up another notch in my book.

Who else thought Jomy was going to come and scoop Shiroe away?

Yeah, I was thinking
'Hah! You wait till Jomy gets there!'
How horrifying that Keith is still that much of a puppet!

This anime should be up there at the top. It really dragged itself out of mediocrity into emotional genius.

Indeed. And I kinda like how it looks and feels so much 'old school'.
I haven't seen this particular type of dystopian future for... oh, a decade or even more... Sadly, with governments and corporations obsessed with controlling us, and incessantly trying to erode our rights (such as fair use of purchased goods), and CCTV peering at as everywhere, this kind of future seems more like a grim warning, rather than just a dark vision.

Just watched the final episode [24] and found the series to be enjoyable overall. I'll not say anything about the ending (if you must, be sure to use spoiler tags) except that I was satisfied by the conclusion.

I'd say the series in its entirety would merit a C+ or B-

Yeah.
An enjoyable watch, most definitely.
Shows very well how those old, dystopian settings still have a lot of potential in them to make a great show.
But... I can't help feeling it was rushed a fair bit towards the end.
A bunch of kiddos "growing themselves up" overnight? Come on. A bit of careful planning could have done it. They already had a time-skip in there, why not toss in another to avoid mahou silly-ness?
Also, felt like they had no idea what to do in the end, so they just decided to go and kill off everyone. Geez at least they knew lived-happily-ever-after was out of the question.
And the scene between "let's ram it" admiral and his aide was not even cheesy, it was pure CHEESE. xD
Anyway, seems like the Gonzo Ending Curse is still there. Not as much as on other shows affected by it, but definitely there :/

Booohoooooooo! I'm having problems getting hold of it. Haven't been able to watch beyond episode 9. :crying:

Well I just watched all 24 episodes of this, and WOW! This anime is brilliant, I haven't seen one this emotionally powerful in awhile. Keith, Shiroe, Tony etc. are incredibly well done; I have the to give the writers props, the dialogue is great, the tension remains throughout the whole thing and they actually made a few characters that draw you in enough to care about what happens to them, and that isn't easy to do. Looks like I have a new top five, goodbye Black Lagoon ~

Ok, for all of you guys out there who haven't seen this, get all 24 episodes and marathon now please. It's really too good to miss.

Just watched episodes 10 and 11. Stunning. I almost cried at the emotional scenes. There's something about this series that really hits home about humanity.

Back