Cardcaptor Sakura

chii

[sadht]Card Captor Sakura[/sadht][sadhl=165]card-captor-sakura[/sadhl][sadhdc][/sadhdc]

Made this for the buddy group we are starting Aug 7th(friday) 2 eps a day till finished then possibly the 2 movies that go with it. :D anyone can join in!

Last edited by a moderator:
Made this for the buddy group

I'd like to watch it for a third time, but can't keep anything that is "per day".

Promise you'll look at their clothes. They change all the time.

Shit, I'm sitting on maybe $300 worth of CCS merchandise ^^;

Never would have taken you for such a CCS fan.

I hide it well!

Cardcaptor was a big-budget show by a top studio for national television, and I love it. Shugo Chara is an also-ran,

It was also one of the early CLAMP manga release in Germany.

(if you're worried about Tomoyo: she'd be 22 by now ;)

I have this tall figurine...

Kaitani Naomi: Tooi kono machi de, CCS movie ed

Sung that in public on one occasion. There's a CD set with 30 A5 pages of lyrics.

I started this series this summer and am currently in season 3. It'll be interesting to what others think of it as the group progresses.

As for the movies, the first one is supposed to be viewed after episode 46, which concludes season 2. The second movie is set after episode 70.

Used to love this show when I was younger. Only seldom watched it because i thought I'd look gay if someone saw me watching it due to the only alternative anime broadcast on TV at the time being Dragon Ball Z lol.

How so? can see you going deaf from the terrible dubbing or blind from the 16 bazillion feathers but diabetus? Lawl.

I'm not touching the dub on this one. I've heard terrible things...
It's diabetes-inducingly cute. Like banana pudding in anime form. With colorful sprinkles.

I'd like to watch it for a third time, but can't keep anything that is "per day".

Third time? I only watched it once, and I figured it would be about a year before I re-watch the series again. Watching it for a third time would be quite an accomplishment!

I bet Tomoyo is going to be a pedophile when she grows up!

Filming little girls who sometimes wear little outfits? Yep. (She totally got an upskirt shot while they were crawling around in ep4)

Ep2- It made me really happy that she had to change into her costume instead of it magically appearing on her body via lengthy sparkly transformation sequence. 70ish episodes of stock footage transformation sequence would have made me cry.

Ep3- I didn't really like this episode. I think it has something to do with the design of the Aquarium. (I used to work at one, so I'm oddly picky about these sorts of things). They did throw in quite a few interesting species of fish, so that was nice. Her brother's friend is a little creepy (and his head:shoulder ratio is unfortunate (so are most of the men's)).

Ep4-
Hooray! They were in her house the whole time! How terribly convenient!

ALSO! It seems odd that she'll tell her friend that she's magic, but not her father.

ALSO! It seems odd that she'll tell her friend that she's magic, but not her father.

It becomes a terrible convenient and important plot point, one that I didn't really like. It's actually kinda sad that the entire cast is about 5 characters and they rather try and make them fit every situation instead of just introducing another one.

ep 1

average intro ep. nothing stands out. i already remember from past attempt of watching that flying rat thing is going to be really annoying...

my first thought watching the opening was "OMG! I see where the inspiration for pretty cure came from" -.-

who fights in their jammies on roller blades and still has time to put on the knee pads? O.o

ep 2

stalker friend is just a little bit creepy imo

ep 3

meh nothing of interest

ep 4

i'm starting to really love the monsters. really creative and brings me back to Sailor moon days LOL

ep5
Hmm... Sakura just unleashed all those cards a short while ago (a week, maybe two ago). But it seemed like the toy store was having problems for a while. Was that just for dramatic effect or something, or is my interpretation of the timeline way off, and Sakura's been hunting for the cards for longer than I'd imagined?

Edit:
ep6
Tomoyo dressed her up in a bunny outfit? Really?

Last edited:
I remember now why I haven't really watched this... I really don't like voice actors in this series... Well maybe one bottle of booze for one episode and everything feels good

Episode 6
So far I think this suit has been the best =)
Well I wonder Sakura's brother is able to see ghosts and spirits and hear them... And why not his father or Sakura?

Back